ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts on Mitch

JumperJack

All-American
Oct 30, 2002
Those with better understanding can correct me if I’m off base. But you have a meeting and tell us that the coach has agreed there will be staff changes, then coach says actually, no there won’t, now coach is headed out the door, and who knows if he’s been talking to our (his?) recruits.

Some may say who cares if JC is gone. But my worry about MB and his ability to manage what comes next is only magnified. Thoughts?

Barney is easily bamboozeled. Tomorrow he should be fired for keeping cal UNLESS he made this happen somehow.

Reactions: Stevo1951
He’s an idiot who gave Kal a big extension when he shouldn’t have. And on top of that one without a buyout clause to protect the university.

Reactions: Stevo1951
Those with better understanding can correct me if I’m off base. But you have a meeting and tell us that the coach has agreed there will be staff changes, then coach says actually, no there won’t, now coach is headed out the door, and who knows if he’s been talking to our (his?) recruits.

Some may say who cares if JC is gone. But my worry about MB and his ability to manage what comes next is only magnified. Thoughts?
It's mitch's fault that an employee lied to keep his job until he could find another?

Last I checked we could've paid 30 million if mitch fired him, now we're paying zero. That's a bad thing? Maybe they both actually knew what was going on here

Matt Jones said he agreed to staff changes. Staff changes were never mentioned in their joint statement. You made up something he didn’t say and you’re worried about him?

Matt Jones said he agreed to staff changes. Staff changes were never mentioned in their joint statement. You made up something he didn’t say and you’re worried about him?
I think I was pretty clear that I wanted to hear from those better informed than me.

Sounds like Mitch got played .

But this was also the best scenario for him
I think it was actually the opposite.

Mitch has allowed Cal to have free reign over the basketball program. So, Mitch knows that the fans, boosters and people around the program are sick of the way Cal is running the program and LOSING while tearing down nearly ALL of the traditions.

So he puts restrictions and requires him to be accountable for EVERY aspect of the program from this point forward. Mitch KNEW that Cal and his ENORMOUS EGO could not stand to be questioned about his program and MICRO-MANAGED. So basically Mitch was pushing Cal toward another job without actually saying so. This way if Cal left, UK would NOT have to pay his ENORMOUS buyout.

At this point there is NO WAY Cal would EVER want to take that "Ambassador for UK' job. So, Cal and his agent started making calls and found a SUCKER in Arkansas and his Tyson buddy to take him on.

Thank you Tyson Chicken and the Razorback AD!!!!

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I just hope he doesn’t try and do it himself. Please….. get a committee. Former players, experts, analysts, etc.

Don’t try and do this yourself, Mitch! You’ll screw it up!

I just hope he doesn’t try and do it himself. Please….. get a committee. Former players, experts, analysts, etc.

Don’t try and do this yourself, Mitch! You’ll screw it up!
He should just ask this board and bring in Todd Golden, Bruce Pearl, or Rick Pitino.

• Haha
Reactions: sdryan2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT