ADVERTISEMENT

YOUR interesting tidbit from this game ?

runt#69

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2010
Maricopa, AZ.
I'll simply go with an extremely young team growing up before our very eyes, after UNC coming back to take the lead, hanging tough and coming back to put this one to bed. Gotta' love it ! So many other interesting tidbits that can be gleaned from this game. Add to the list as to what you think were "salient point tidbits" we can gather from this one......

Bradshaw hitting those free throws down the stretch will be huge for his confidence. I don’t want him to become our go to free throw shooter by any means obviously, but delivering against a top 10 team late in the game in one of his first few games is big time.

His length and Onyenso provided a defensive presence that we’ve needed. Along with Thiero, we have 3 guys who I think can provide us a defensive spark in given situations. That will be important in certain matchups.

I'll simply go with an extremely young team growing up before our very eyes, after UNC coming back to take the lead, hanging tough and coming back to put this one to bed. Gotta' love it ! So many other interesting tidbits that can be gleaned from this game. Add to the list as to what you think were "salient point tidbits" we can gather from this one......
We blew a ten point lead 3 times and won. Expected to pee down our leg after the last media timeout and our guys closed a game like a champ.

Did they say what the T on Cal was for?

Only announced a T in the arena.

The replay didn’t really show.

Adou BLOCKING EVERYTHING near him!!!

That kid can GET UP!!!

I was sitting behind the goal on Carolina’s end and his SHOULDER was even with the rim on one of those blocks!!!

He played AWESOME defense tonight to go with a decent game offensively. If he can start shooting better, he has the most potential of ANY player on our team!!!

He was a difference maker tonight!!

Also, I have to add this thought :

When you see the bigs in the game at the same time, we still maintained that spread offensive look that kept the center of the floor open for driving lanes as well as a open shot on the perimeter when kicked out. No clogging the lane even with a couple in there. Good coaching, better discipline from a very young team.

So many good little things to the experienced eye tonight.

PS - is this a John Calipari coached team ? They look SO different stylistically. Still some nagging, same old same old things from him, but the old dog shown he got learnt some new tricks !

You are starting to see our best players separate imo. DJ, Dillingham, Reed, Reeves, Thiero, Mitchell, Bradshaw are your top 7 Ugo and Edwards situationally.

Reactions: lazycat75
looked like Cal put his hands on ref. For not calling a foul.
Nope...he was Td up for either being out of the box or something he said, because when the ref gave the signal there was still a couple of feet between them. Cal immediately closed the distance (I don't think he actually made contact) and the assts, almost simultaneously jumped between them and pulled cal away

Also, I have to add this thought :

When you see the bigs in the game at the same time, we still maintained that spread offensive look that kept the center of the floor open for driving lanes as well as a open shot on the perimeter when kicked out. No clogging the lane even with a couple in there. Good coaching, better discipline from a very young team.

So many good little things to the experienced eye tonight.

PS - is this a John Calipari coached team ? They look SO different stylistically. Still some nagging, same old same old things from him, but the old dog shown he got learnt some new tricks !
Only time we really posted up and went inside was when Mitchell had a mismatch. And he had that one great move in the second half for an easy layup.

I think the most interesting thing is that we lost to UNCW at home but beat top 10 UNC in a neutral court. I hate when cal says it, you hate when cal says it. But we are young and hopefully they learn to bring their best effort every day.

Reactions: westerncat
Somebody post some gems from the tar hole radar!
You can see their posts if you log out of this site. I've done it many times. Most of us were banned a long time ago, even those who didn't post on their site but said something about UNC on this one. Even JP Scott was banned. I was banned simply for defending UK in a single post over there. When they got caught in the academic fraud, they decided it should be an exclusive club.

Thiero and Ugo are grown men. I hate that term but it fits this time. Tar Heels were scared of them.

Reactions: runt#69
Against Kansas and UNC we were in control most of the game. Couldn't close it out vs. Kansas, but got it done last night. Proud of everyone of this team, including Cal.

Against Kansas and UNC we were in control most of the game. Couldn't close it out vs. Kansas, but got it done last night. Proud of everyone of this team, including Cal.

Yep. And honestly both games defensively we really didn't stop Kansas or UNC down the stretch. Main difference with this one was that we made enough plays on offense down the stretch to win. Kansas we didn't do that. Hopefully means we are growing a bit.

Reactions: dickieVIII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT