ADVERTISEMENT

If this works, it will be awesome

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
I already like Mark Pope. He was a captain on a national championship Kentucky team. One of the greatest college basketball teams of all time. Coming in with a true passion for the school.

And we all played this game before. There's an infinite number of threads in history. Could Travis Ford or John Pelphrey or Mark Pope come coach one day? Well today one has.

There something about seeing a former player on the sideline. And teammates wishing him well. You know we're going to see Tony and DA and Ron Mercer and Epps. Depending how things go, I can see me softening on Pitino.

This ain't a post to change anyone's minds about if it works. But man if it does, it's the best hire ever.

I can see why people have pause, and I do 2. But his system seems fun to watch and isn't a fat out of shape guy himself and he remembers how Pitino kept his players in shape. Several years I thought Cal let our guys get out of shape cardio wise, we will play fast and hard not slow and grind. I am on board for a few years to see what happens.

I already like Mark Pope. He was a captain on a national championship Kentucky team. One of the greatest college basketball teams of all time. Coming in with a true passion for the school.

And we all played this game before. There's an infinite number of threads in history. Could Travis Ford or John Pelphrey or Mark Pope come coach one day? Well today one has.

There something about seeing a former player on the sideline. And teammates wishing him well. You know we're going to see Tony and DA and Ron Mercer and Epps. Depending how things go, I can see me softening on Pitino.

This ain't a post to change anyone's minds about if it works. But man if it does, it's the best hire ever.
I’ve already talked myself into this working based on the way Pope plays and what he’s been able to accomplish at a school like BYU that no recruit wants to go to.

If he succeeds, we have a coach for the next 15 years....if he succeeds.
I want him to. I think he's not ready for this job but it's done and now we have him. I can never root for him to fail, I like Pope. I don't want him to fail but it's up to him now.

Reactions: ganner918
If he succeeds. That is a really, really big "if".

This is an extremely risky and reckless hire. Why select someone with such low odds of success? I like Mark Pope and will support him but this is about the dumbest hire Mitch could have possibly made. Good grief.

Reactions: Catfan2226
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT