ADVERTISEMENT

Will the weather co-operate today ??

Apr 9, 2016
Looks like rain all day in Lexington, that could mean a cancellation ot re-scheduling of the game with Wright State.

The mound and on a lesser level OF are the only things to worry about. If Lex is having the same type of weather as Louisville right now, I'd expect they get the game in on field turf.

The mound and on a lesser level OF are the only things to worry about. If Lex is having the same type of weather as Louisville right now, I'd expect they get the game in on field turf.
That is correct about the modern field turf stadiums, the new diggs will have that. The UK ground crew has always been one of the countrys' best.
They could also move the game back to 5-6 pm as well.

Didn't they update current stadium w/field turf in the infield for this next season or 2?

With that and the field crew dealing w/the mound, they would get it in if they want to IMO.

Didn't they update current stadium w/field turf in the infield for this next season or 2?

With that and the field crew dealing w/the mound, they would get it in if they want to IMO.
I believe the new turf encompasses Home plate area, and foul ball area up to 1st and 3rd base. But I believe the actual infield and outfield are still grass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT