ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA tourney projections

backinky2018

Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
All released yesterday:

D1 baseball (the one I respect the most and I follow several of their guys): Uk is the 4 national seed with Arizona, UIC, and Bowling green coming to Lexington for a regional. The 13 national seed is Oregon state who would be coming to Lexington for a super regional if both teams get through.

Baseball America has UK as the #5 national seed with Texas Tech, Indiana, and bowling green coming to the Lexington regional. The number 12 National seed is South Carolina so they would come to Lexington for a spicy SEC super regional if both teams win their regional matchups.

Barring a collapse, UK is in great shape to earn a top 8 national seed. Already five SEC series victories and probably just 5-6 SEC wins away from earning a national seed.

Reactions: vhcat70
Saw where NKU is also projected to make the tournament as a 4 seed in pod. If UK finishes strong and all else equal, I’d expect the pod to be regional teams as usual to cut down travel expenses and pair potential local rivals. My guess: UK, WVU, IU, NKU. Which I believe is a near repeat of last season!

Will just add it would be fun to play Indiana State in the next round if both teams progress. Indiana St. projected around #14 as of the OP post from Baseball America.

Will just add it would be fun to play Indiana State in the next round if both teams progress. Indiana St. projected around #14 as of the OP post from Baseball America.
Playing Indiana state for a chance to get to Omaha would be a dream. I'm sure they're good, but that's lightweight compared to having to go to Baton Rouge last year.

Reactions: CatchFire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT