ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats vs Aggies ( Sat. ).....

Apr 9, 2016
UK looks to take the series today @ 3:00 pm at Blue Bell Park. Zach Logue will take the hill against a talented, but young A&M squad.
The Aggies will be looking for pay back after being shut out at home for the 1st time in 3 years last night. UK really looked good both on the mound and at the plate Friday, hopefully that will continue today !

The Tamu announcers on the video broadcast really love complaining about Kentucky hitters not moving and getting hit by pitches

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
What a catch by Reks, taking away a sure x-tra base hit, he crashes into the wall and drops like a rock. He is OK looks like. Still scoreless going to the 4th.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Collette makes his first appearance. Interesting here because UK just used both 1st basemen.

Collette struck out

Carson with a two out single with the bases loaded to give UK the lead 4-2!!!!

This is a bit crazy. Mahan is at first Bellini at second. Bellini just made an error

Another poor decision by Mingione costing UK. 4-4. The decision was that Mingione inserted pinch hit Heyer for Squires and then inserted McNeill for Marshall then TAMU put in a new pitcher. Mingione took McNeill down for Collette leaving UK with no first basemen. So, we had to use Mahan at first, I guess. Poor decision IMO.

A regular first baseman probably makes the play on the double play ball, but Mahan wasn't able to. Just crazy to have him there.

Now Mahan makes a good play to make a stop at 1st but throws it away trying to get the ball to the pitcher. Just so freaking dumb to have this scenario!

Another poor decision by Mingione costing UK. 4-4. The decision was that Mingione inserted pinch hit Heyer for Squires and then inserted McNeill for Marshall then TAMU put in a new pitcher. Mingione took McNeill down for Collette leaving UK with no first basemen. So, we had to use Mahan at first, I guess. Poor decision IMO.

Mingione is absolutely driving me nuts with these BS pinch hitting decisions. It cost us the game at Cincy and it's going to cost us today.

Mingione is absolutely driving me nuts with these BS pinch hitting decisions. It cost us the game at Cincy and it's going to cost us today.
I don't get taking McNeil down, for a guy who hasn't had an at bat all season. It cost us on the defensive side BIG TIME.

I don't mind playing the match up game, but you absolutely cannot play it to such a degree that you hurt yourself defensively, especially at 1st freaking base!

A regular 1b may make the throw to second better, but I doubt they were getting to that awful dp throw. Lefty 1b may catch it but probably not staying on bag...that 2b blew that inning up, shew.

A regular 1b may make the throw to second better, but I doubt they were getting to that awful dp throw. Lefty 1b may catch it but probably not staying on bag...that 2b blew that inning up, shew.

Any way you shake it there were mistakes by people who are not playing their regular positions because the head coach decided to play the match-up game offensively.

Now Mahan fails to get the bunt down with two men on and no outs. Pops up to shallow right. Fundamentals!!!

I still thing he is an upgrade over Hendo!

I agree with you I think he is better than Henderson. I think our pitching alone is much better. However we have to cut down on poor coaching decisions. We have the bases loaded right now and may still win this but those decisions put us at a real disadvantage

Pitching is better and even offensively is much better. Some stupid stuff keeping them from a few more wins.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Well couldn't make it a big inning but we got back into it. Now have to hold them and play good defense.

Lead off double the opposite way by Carson, go ahead run in scoring position. Pompey bunts him to 3rd. OMG Reks sac bunts with 2 strikes and Carson scores, there will be a review !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT