ADVERTISEMENT

Cheap Trick/Heart Yum Center last night

TexasTimCat

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2003
Excellent show, a couple of the few bucket list acts that I have remaining checked off.

5th row aisle on the floor and the sound was some of the best I have heard in that building. There are a number of spots where it can get very muddy sounding.

Hats off to the folks working the sound boards last night.

Ii wasn't there last night but I have seen Cheap Trick 6 times and never once as a main act, always an opener. Pretty sure they played some at least every other night between 1985 and 1995.

Reactions: augustaky1
Saw Cheap Trick on March 21, 2010 at a free concert on Auditorium Shores here in ATX.

24014_1392569334843_2393520_n.jpg

Reactions: TexasTimCat
I've seen both several times over the years and they were always great in concert. Ann Wilson could sing the phone book and I would be mesmerized.

Reactions: FargenBastich
Saw Cheap Trick at Rupp on the Dream Police tour (1979?). I probably attended 25 or more concerts in Rupp and CT was the best sounding one I ever attended and it wasn't all that close. While loud, everything was very clear, each instrument was occupying it's own space in the mix and Zander was very clear above the music. TxTim is dead on - their sound personnel are excellent.

Never saw Heart although they earned a rep for being excellent in concert. Nancy Wilson was smoke in her prime and a darn good guitar player.

I'm not trying to be overly critical of Heart but while this isn't We Built This City bad, I hope we can agree just the mere story of this song makes it all time bad.

Do you have something against sperm donors Glenn? At least it tells a story of love, seduction and betrayal. I guess you prefer the deeper philosophical lyrics of WAP? What a terrible take Glenn.

Last edited:
Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, and House of Lords New Years Eve around 1990. Heck of a show at Louisville Gardens besides House of Lords. My goodness they were turrible! Other than that, great show.

I'm not trying to be overly critical of Heart but while this isn't We Built This City bad, I hope we can agree just the mere story of this song makes it all time bad.
The Wilson Sisters could sing the thesaurus and I'd tune in but it'd have to be the 80's version of them. Ann Wilson was smoking hot and had the best female rock voice I've ever heard.

Saw Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, and Heart at Riverbend in 2016. That was right before Ann's husband beat one of Nancy's kids over leaving the tour bus door open and their dogs getting out. Anyone else remember that story?

IIRC, both the Wilson sisters HATED that mid- to late 80s version with Nancy's boobs pushed up under her chin and both sporting the 'hair band' teased up afro hairdo. Of course, they didn't hate it enough to give back all the millions they made during that time period. I mean, c'mon, man.

Do you have something against sperm donors Glenn? At least it tells a story of love, seduction and betrayal. I guess you prefer the deeper philosophical lyrics of WAP? What a terrible take Glenn.
Don't get me wrong, I like Heart. I just can't listen to that song and not laugh.

IIRC, both the Wilson sisters HATED that mid- to late 80s version with Nancy's boobs pushed up under her chin and both sporting the 'hair band' teased up afro hairdo. Of course, they didn't hate it enough to give back all the millions they made during that time period. I mean, c'mon, man.
Yeah, they have stated in countless interviews they never wanted to be a pop band (they sure as hell rocked Saturday night) but they feel obligated to do some of that material due to fan desires.

They are Zep heads through and through...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT