ADVERTISEMENT

Who still wears a watch...or timepiece as some call it?

*CatinIL*

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
Area 52
With phones, who still wears them? I do somewhat. I've been wearing the same one for close to 30 years now, a simple Seiko divers watch. I'm just curious.

I'm old, so I wear a watch out of habit. Both Seiko -- one runs on kinetic energy, the other solar powered.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
I wear a mid-end Garmin smart watch that I bought for $40 from a cousin who needed cash because of an impending divorce. I mainly use it to keep track of my sleeping patterns and to track my pulse ox.

This is something I’ve done very recently. Never have been a huge watch guy because I’ve had a phone with a clock in my pocket for the last 20+ years and prior to that, didn’t care what time it was.

With phones, who still wears them? I do somewhat. I've been wearing the same one for close to 30 years now, a simple Seiko divers watch. I'm just curious.
I have ten.

My favorite is this one

m_5bbcfd67d6dc52d206811de3.jpg

-jaeger lecoultre master calander
-Ulysses Nardin maxi marine chrono
-Baume and Mercier Copeland chrono
-tag Heuer 800 quartz
-shinola runwell.

^top 2 are due for service... gotta get em sent off when I get time .

-I wear the shinola most.

Have a cheap smart watch for everyday wearing
Use old digital when working at wood shop.

I recently started wearing one again. I have a garmin that syncs with my watch. Pretty nice accessory.

I wear a Garmin most days to track steps and use the stopwatch at the gym. I still have several nice traditional watches but only wear them for special occasions.

Certified watch lunatic. Have garnered a nice flock. Love watches. Prob have gone overboard but 🤷‍♂️ one of the few cool things that can outlive generations if properly cared for.

Do have an Apple Watch for working out and I wear it to bed to track my sleep….which is interesting/slightly disturbing.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
"Rochefoucauld, the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland and water-resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the 80's. $6955 retail. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad."

Need some humor after that disaster of a game.

• Love
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Wear one every so often. Have never spent a lot of money on a watch. As long as it's accurate and looks at least decent, I don't care. The idea of spending thousands on a watch is a concept I cannot grasp.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Got about 12 now. My fav everyday watches are the Citizen Eco drive. Have 3 of those in rotation depending on band/face match.

Have 1 Rolex Oyster, rest are mid tier knockoffs.

Got back into wearing after a few yrs of Apple Watch. Just not my thing, TOO connected.

Samsung smartwatch that tells me steps, when to sleep and nags me about moving around.

I used to love watches, but have not worn one in years, except when I dress formally and then only because I have my grandad’s Longines that I wear more as jewelry.

Everyone seems to be wearing Apple Watches these days. I get it, but that is way too much info about me being stored somewhere for me to like.

I have a couple but wear the Apple Watch the most because I can see a text without digging my phone out of my pocket. It also works great with the 18 birdies app to get yardages on golf shots if I am playing a hole where you can't range the flag.

Got more into looking at them a few years ago... I had a nicer one stolen shortly after I got it- right out of college 20 years ago and up until more recently- just wore less expensive ones.

Right now I've got:
Tag Aquaracer
Citizen Echo Drive (older model- was a wedding gift)
Garmin Instinct Solar wear working out
I've got 1-2 right now that i'm looking at for various reasons but havent pulled the trigger.

My wife wears a Cartier Tank watch I got her and i'm working on finding another one for her for an upcoming birthday.

All of the more recent ones i've got have an engraving on them, with the intention of passing them on- that kind of justifies the purchase price a bit.

^good looking out rudd... i'm searching for a model for my wife now from the year she was born... the kicker is making sure they are authenticated and hopefully have papers, etc... i'd rather go the right of a physical store than trying my luck on one of the auction sites or getting it overseas.

I have the Citizen Eco Drive also. They are great and good looking watches.,
Got about 12 now. My fav everyday watches are the Citizen Eco drive. Have 3 of those in rotation depending on band/face match.

Got back into wearing after a few yrs of Apple Watch. Just not my thing, TOO connected.

Got back into wearing after a few yrs of Apple Watch. Just not my thing, TOO connected Citizen Eco

Reactions: HymanKaplan
I've been known to wear a watch.

My latest purchase:

IMG_4381.jpg

Marathon milspec US Government issue Swiss Made, Sapphire crystal, General Purpose (upgraded to leather cuff strap)

Reactions: rudd1
Betting it's a Seiko SKX - Pepsi dial maybe? The Seiko SKX line, particularly the older ones, are one of the greatest watches ever made.

"Rochefoucauld, the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland and water-resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the 80's. $6955 retail. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad."

Need some humor after that disaster of a game.

That may ALL be true. But, in Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks...

(How much for the gun?)

• Haha
Reactions: UK82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT