ADVERTISEMENT

"They are Going to Continue Being a Powerhouse Because That's Who They are"

You obviously can't read. I used a recruit's words. My post doesn't require a defense.
lol you obviously cannot read since I stated that you used a 16 year olds words.

Alright, I’m moving on. Will report back when I get a sufficient number of posts.

Go Cats.

Why, he feed the NBA dream to these Black Kids. The ones that made it would have in spite of Cal. or were they went to school. Cal lost sight of the normal fan who cares nothing about the NBA and that was his downfall. Read matt jones story and its easy to see why we lost to Oakland.
Cal loves taking credit for something that he had very little to do with. How many players who played for Cal wouldn't have made it to the NBA without Cal's coaching? Every one of these guys would have made it no matter who they played college ball for. Most would have made it right out of high school.

Many new posters have showed up since Cal's departure. It probably isn't a conspiracy but makes for great speculation. There isn't much to do in Arkansas so you find entertainment where you can. Just sayin'
75% the threads on the board right now have posts referencing Arkansas, our recruiting, and/or our Coach. It’s a shared experience, of course people want to talk about it, the only thing weird is how hard some people try to be offended.

If you really want to go over the talent he had pre UK and then was able get here, i don't think you will have a great argument. It will basically be Camby, Rose, Evans Dejuan Wagner vs the 47 he sent at Kentucky which includes guys like Wall, AD, Cousins, Towns, Booker, SGA, Murray, Fox, Herro, Bam etc....

Rose and camby had infraction activity that helped get them there. So who knows without that assistance if cal ever gets those guys.

Also fair to point out he had wall, cousins, etc committed to Memphis. That's no small feat.

Cal was and is a good recruiter but it's obvious UK took him to an entirely new level.

Reactions: RunninRichie
lol you obviously cannot read since I stated that you used a 16 year olds words.

Alright, I’m moving on. Will report back when I get a sufficient number of posts.

Go Cats.
No, I just didn't waste my time reading past the first couple words of your drivel.
Is using the words of a 16-year-old less honorable than using his ability to play?

Rose and camby had infraction activity that helped get them there. So who knows without that assistance if cal ever gets those guys.

Also fair to point out he had wall, cousins, etc committed to Memphis. That's no small feat.

Cal was and is a good recruiter but it's obvious UK took him to an entirely new level.
Thanks for stating the obvious!!

Reactions: BBUK
To read anything out of that quote is kinda silly. It's just a recruit saying nice things about a school thats on his list. They all do this, even about schools they know they won't be attending.

To read anything out of that quote is kinda silly. It's just a recruit saying nice things about a school thats on his list. They all do this, even about schools they know they won't be attending.
If the comment was made about Arkansas, I would agree with you.

You used a post count to try to defend your position - think that shows the “strength of it”.

To the Cal lover point, also not sure where that came from. However, I do love Cal, just like I love Mark Pope.

Yes, I think Kentucky will continue to be a premier program and not because some 16 year old politely answered a question about us. People are so damn insecure here they’re using this throwaway comment to say “look look we are fine!”
You all remember the new assistant coaches are two of the most connected coaches in basketball. UK will recruit

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
If you really want to go over the talent he had pre UK and then was able get here, i don't think you will have a great argument. It will basically be Camby, Rose, Evans Dejuan Wagner vs the 47 he sent at Kentucky which includes guys like Wall, AD, Cousins, Towns, Booker, SGA, Murray, Fox, Herro, Bam etc....
With one championship.

Cal is still a great recruiter

but the shine is off as you know.

The Zion Williamson class at Duke translated to Cal not getting the players he wanted . That was 2018-19. Start tracking Cal's decline after that.

Kids are going to go where Cal is because they know he'll lose games in order to get them ready for the NBA.

You have to ask yourself if that is the kids UK really wants? A coach that doesn't care about the conference tournament, a coach that refuses to teach players sets and defenses that give the team an advantage in college simply because it isn't used in the NBA.

If Cal was a baseball coach, all his players would be hitting with wooden bats.

Kentucky has to prove something in recruiting - every program does, but few programs, well none really, can point to a history of players coming to UK and experiencing the near fanatic following of basketball.

Players aren't going to run into Arkansas fans at their high school game 600 miles from Lexington asking them to commit to the program.

Yes because so many recruits say "no comment" when asked about the greatest program of all time.

Lol c'mon.
You just posted the following "The greatest program of all time", but you can't trust a recruit who says the following about the aforementioned program "...Because That's Who They are". Maybe AJ isn't the one who's post should be questioned.

Don't waste your time with that Arkansas troll.
You just cannot stop. Do you want to see my diploma or pics from multiple final four / tournament games I’ve attended. I’ll PM them to ya if it’ll shut you up.

Thought the new coach was supposed to bring unity. Instead, it’s more pitchforks if you post anything, logical or not, that is not 100% with the agenda.

The above title is a post Cal departure quote from DJ Dybantsa. If the #1 recruit feels this way about Kentucky, I am sure others feel the same way. It appears Cal's recruiting success at Kentucky was as much or about the university as it was about Cal. GBB!!!!!!
Yea ok. He recruited at Memphis and he's recruiting at Arkansas
One player saying something doesn't mean that's actually what he thinks

You just cannot stop. Do you want to see my diploma or pics from multiple final four / tournament games I’ve attended. I’ll PM them to ya if it’ll shut you up.

Thought the new coach was supposed to bring unity. Instead, it’s more pitchforks if you post anything, logical or not, that is not 100% with the agenda.
You act as if you are not a participant.

Reactions: Cayts69
Of course, the kid had no choice but to lie when he could have elected to say nothing. I guess you think Boozer is lying too when he asked for the new coaching staff to contact him. I see you and your sub 300 posts! Lol
Actually boozer didn't have good energy talking about it. He said cal was all he knows about ky he was the reason for ky success

Reactions: Cayts69
Yea ok. He recruited at Memphis and he's recruiting at Arkansas
One player saying something doesn't mean that's actually what he thinks
It only means something if it supports your position/agenda/opinion. Who gives a rat's butt about his recruiting when he did nothing with it? It was all wasted. It is obvious that he is good at talking and horrible at coaching. Recent championships were won with far less talent, so what is your point?

Actually boozer didn't have good energy talking about it. He said cal was all he knows about ky he was the reason for ky success
There are two Boozers. I am talking about the one who plays guard. He is the one who asked to be contacted. By the way, what the hell is good energy?

Cal loves taking credit for something that he had very little to do with. How many players who played for Cal wouldn't have made it to the NBA without Cal's coaching?
Something that's been fascinating to me over the years, and proves how good a (snake oil) salesman he is ..... how he became known as this great highway to the NBA. Was with the Nets about two years with a record of 72W - 112L. Those are not all star coaching type numbers. I wonder how many of these young H.S. players know that. I'm sure that's not a part of his recruiting spiel.

He wasn't disliked because of an inability to recruit. He was disliked because of his inability to coach his recruits, his disdain for homegrown talent, and his disdain for the fans. Just in case you need reminding, UK was a powerhouse before Cal and it will continue being one long after his departure.
These people are either 12 or trolls or both.

Unfortunately this guy doesn't know UK is a mid major now. Nike's flagship is cooked. We don't have the NIL resources either. And it's ALL because of UK fans. If only we could've kept Cal for another decade, smh.
@Cayts69 @ruppsrunt66 @WildcatforLife1965 @Easternkybb @Ceeph @WildcatsAndBourbon @4849515878969812... @ABLCommenter @Balzac @52T @Truusty @JadedCat
You obviously didn't get the message that kids like him are only being polite if they say something good about Kentucky since Cal's departure. Lol

Especially when you look at the world through a negative lens. You know nothing about this kid yet the first thing you do is throw water on his comment.
Saying someone is just being polite is throwing water? JFC.

This board is so sensitive to anything tangentially connected to Cal. Somehow I’m anti Mark Pope and/or a troll now. The majority of people’s public comments in recruiting / coaching searches, etc. are reserved comments. In no way am I saying anything about this kid.

By all accounts seems like a great kid.

This board is so sensitive to anything tangentially connected to Cal. Somehow I’m anti Mark Pope and/or a troll now. The majority of people’s public comments in recruiting / coaching searches, etc. are reserved comments. In no way am I saying anything about this kid.

Considering you are quick to defend yourself against every post, you must be sensitive too.

Where did I say anything about Cal or Pope? I was referring to your dumb comment about the kid just “being polite”. I suppose this kid is “being polite “ too.

Considering you are quick to defend yourself against every post, you must be sensitive too.
I am. If it’s being inferred that I’m attacking the character of a 16 year old kid, of which I’m not, I feel the need to defend myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT