ADVERTISEMENT

Who is kentuckys worst starter of all time?

He always DOMINATED Robert Horrey .
Yes sir this was my first thought of Gimel when I saw his name on this list. I remember him going for 26 and 10 against Alabama his So. or Jr year against Wimp, Horry and Spreewell. Then my 2nd thought was wonder if Latrell ever choked Wimp after telling him put some mustard on that shit. 😂
Yeah, give Goodwin Teague at PG and a healthy Noel all season then I think that team probably makes at least the Sweet 16 and he is remembered more fondly.

I wish we could see the below line up together:

C: Coury PF: Sheray Thomas SF: Boston SG: Porter PG: Askew

That would be a force to be reckoned with.
oh lord don’t do that! You made me have a dizzy spell!! God Lord what a catastrophe of a line up!! Wonder how many would camp out for BBM tickets with that lineup..

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshukai
I’m torn between mark coury and Dwight perry.

Dwight perry actually started an ncaa tournament game against Nova I believe (I’m not looking it up) due to tubby accidentally listing him as a starter when Bobby perry was on the roster, what a weird screw up. He logged about 10 seconds and a foul.

mark coury inauspiciously played the first 5-6 minutes of every game because he was tough and BCG rewarded his toughness. He was just 10% tougher. He sucked.

Who do you all think was the worst? And senior night doesn’t count.
The answer is Mark Coury and it's not close.

It pretty much just saying that I agree with the poster who mentioned about how fans would boo Sheray Thomas when Tubby would send him to Scorers table to check in. I’m just saying I agree that it was be pretty shitty of the fans to boo Sheray or any other player but that it was also pretty shitty of Tubby to put that sumbitch in and let him Play like he damn putting up Jamal Mashburn type numbers. I felt bad for Sheray though because it seemed like he was not ever comfortable but it’s hard to get comfortable on a bball court if ya don’t know how to play bball. I apologize for that not making any sense. I’m not very smart. I accept responsibility right now for feeling like Jules Camara did when he drives them rental cars around. From the backseat.
apology accepted.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Mark Courey under Gillespie at it isn't close lol.
This is hilarious. Coury was good for a walk on, made a few good plays it's not his fault we had a drunk coach who.didn't know what he was doing. Askew and Porter were significantly worse basketball players. Mark Coury is a dumb answer in this thread.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: STL_Cat
Well your entitled your opinion even if it is dumb.
I don't remember him hurting the team that much when he was in, not to the extent porter and askew did. Coury helped us win a couple of games, it was short lived but a lot of people were surprised he played as well as he did when he first started getting minutes.

• Haha
Dwight Perry started an NCAA tournament game. I see no way this can be beaten as far as being started in a meaningful game other than a senior night.

Dwight Perry started an NCAA tournament game. I see no way this can be beaten as far as being started in a meaningful game other than a senior night.
But Perry only played a few seconds in that game (and only started because an assistant coach made a mistake and checked the wrong Perry when he submitted the lineup card). He was taken out immediately after tip-off with no intent to actually use him …making it functionally no different than a token senior day start.

I don’t think only a few seconds of starting time for your entire career should qualify a player for this discussion.

Reactions: StormCruzzer
A horrible point guard is worse than an ineffective forward, that's not even debatable. The bad point guard makes the who!e team suck.

Boston has been continuously and actively on a roster and playing in the nba and people are still shitting on him 🙄
I haven't mentioned Boston's name in this thread because certainly there have been plenty of guys that have started here that were worse, but what he has done or hasn't done in the NBA is inconsequential to me. He was terrible here, period. Terrible.

Last edited:
That was an error on the lineup. Coury was penciled in as a starter.

I haven't mentioned Boston's name in this thread because certainly there have been plenty of guys that have starter here that were worse, but what he has done or hasn't done in the NBA is inconsequential to me. He was terrible here, period. Terrible.
He had limited help.

I haven't mentioned Boston's name in this thread because certainly there have been plenty of guys that have starter here that were worse, but what he has done or hasn't done in the NBA is inconsequential to me. He was terrible here, period. Terrible.
Yeah, that’s always kinda annoyed me when fans try to rewrite a player’s college career based on what later happened in the pros. Even if Boston goes on to have a great NBA career it won’t change the fact that he was awful here.

I’ve noticed many do that with Rondo too …now talking like he was a UK great …when he actually had a rather non-descript college careeer, putting up modest numbers (career averages of just over 9 ppg and 4 apg) and garnering no real honors. Yeah, Rondo’s had a great NBA career, but that should have nothing to do how we assess his UK career.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua and STL_Cat
Yeah, that’s always kinda annoyed me when fans try to rewrite a player’s college career based on what later happened in the pros. Even if Boston goes on to have a great college career it won’t change the fact that he was awful here.

I’ve noticed many do that with Rondo too …now talking like he was a UK great …when he actually had a rather non-descript college careeer, putting up modest numbers (career averages of just over 9 ppg and 4 apg) and garnering no real honors.

Yeah, Rondo’s had a great NBA career, but that should have nothing to do how we assess his UK player career.
It happens the other way, too. It seems like the pendulum has swung for some on MKG because his NBA career hasn't been as great as any of us would have hoped. People have talked about him like he was overrated here because of how his NBA career has gone. No, he wasn't. He was GREAT here. A true winner and warrior. His NBA success or lack thereof doesn't change that.

Reactions: maxp12 and UK90
Put him on last years team and he’s as good as TyTy.
You are out of your mind. Boston was a ME-FIRST player from the very first game. He was the direct reason for a lot of losses and couldn’t hit the ocean from a boat, but you think he can match what Tyty did?
You just exposed yourself even more with that garbage take.
Boston had athleticsm and length… that's it.

Last edited:
Coury wasn’t an overhyped 5 star. Coury didn’t quit when he got exposed. Coury didn’t give himself an embarrassing nickname like the Dragon. Coury would beat the Dragon at Horse or 21…

KW aka Dragon, is the worst starter in UK history IMHO.

Reactions: UK90
Them putting Dwight Perry into an NCAA tournament starting lineup, truly shows the incompetence and disorganization on the staff at that time

In my opinion that is the worst starter in UK history. It’s not Perry’s fault at all, rules are rules. Matter of fact, I’d say it’s a bottom 10 moment in UK bball history

Add in the "Get off the line, Sheray" and players not knowing where the shot clock was and we have to wonder if we had Bozo the Clown coaching at times.

Reactions: CowboyGumBoots
The thing with Boston is that someone from that team had to shoot the ball. We really had no good options at all consistently and Boston definitely went overboard numerous times forcing his shot but im not going to hold it too much against him as some posters do and trash him as a "me first" guy and someone who didnt care about the team as he still seemed to play with high effort for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT