ADVERTISEMENT

Who is kentuckys worst starter of all time?

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
I’m torn between mark coury and Dwight perry.

Dwight perry actually started an ncaa tournament game against Nova I believe (I’m not looking it up) due to tubby accidentally listing him as a starter when Bobby perry was on the roster, what a weird screw up. He logged about 10 seconds and a foul.

mark coury inauspiciously played the first 5-6 minutes of every game because he was tough and BCG rewarded his toughness. He was just 10% tougher. He sucked.

Who do you all think was the worst? And senior night doesn’t count.

Mark Coury, Sheray Thomas was the most frustrating dude to watch play ball though! I mean I never figured out wat the hell it was that got him so much time for a man that couldn’t shoot, jump, never making the right play and constantly just do dumb shit. Michael Porter was a rough one too.

Dwight perry actually started an ncaa tournament game against Nova I believe (I’m not looking it up) due to tubby accidentally listing him as a starter when Bobby perry was on the roster, what a weird screw up. He logged about 10 seconds and a foul.

mark coury inauspiciously played the first 5-6 minutes of every game because he was tough and BCG rewarded his toughness. He was just 10% tougher. He sucked.

Michael Porter.

Boston.. how can all of you forget Boston?
But Boston was in the middle of all the Covid stuff so it was already not normal year so even that 9 win season gets a little bit of a pass that year like all things whether good or bad. Hell, Askew was pretty hard to watch as well but nobody ever pointed that out on here as I can recall so I thought I better provide that info 😂.

Reactions: StormCruzzer
im as harsh on players as anyone. i was way too harsh on my kids and my dad was harsh on me. but come on if they wore KENTUCKY across thier chest they are part of our family
I'll make an exception for guys like Whitney who quit at the first adversity, Sharpe who quit before he ever started, and Porter who was a pedo.

Them putting Dwight Perry into an NCAA tournament starting lineup, truly shows the incompetence and disorganization on the staff at that time

In my opinion that is the worst starter in UK history. It’s not Perry’s fault at all, rules are rules. Matter of fact, I’d say it’s a bottom 10 moment in UK bball history

im as harsh on players as anyone. i was way too harsh on my kids and my dad was harsh on me. but come on if they wore KENTUCKY across thier chest they are part of our family
I’m a part of my family but when I got to eating too many pain pills my family members wasn’t happy with me when I was out here taking a extra one or 2 sometime a few and nodding out and just pissing all over everything! 😂 I mean they had a right to be upset and talk shit about me and I’m glad they did now. But if they family we shouldn’t just turn our back on them.

Now, if we talking bout Tom Payne , Michael Porter and some of these jerks like Masiello🤼‍♂️ we might whoop his ass.. he just family by marriage. Payne only fam by rape. 😂

Boston isnt even a top 10 worst starter we have had IMO. He scored in double figures in like 80% of his games and had some really solid games here albeit also some really terrible ones.
Jon Scott had a chart where Boston was the worst shooting player in program history for someone that played over 100 minutes in a season. Sure, he got double digits often, but the team almost always lost because of it.

Jon Scott had a chart where Boston was the worst shooting player in program history for someone that played over 100 minutes in a season. Sure, he got double digits often, but the team almost always lost because of it.
@Ed323232 said Boston wasn’t that bad or I think it wasnt overrated. I think he said he was fine. Just wanna make sure I’m quoting you right Ed.

Older era, but I didn’t like Gimel Martinez as a starter. Thomas was worse though.

In that Thomas year, Tubby also started Shagari, Sims, and Stockton.

Martinez basically lost the Michigan final four game giving up a rebound on a missed free throw follow by an And 1 on Chris Webber in rapid succession

• Sad
Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT