ADVERTISEMENT

Which incoming freshman are you the most excited for?

What do you mean by true pg
Someone who isn't a score first guard. Rob was a scorer who could pass. DJ never played PG for any team he was on. Reed could do it but is better off the ball/looking to score.

Fland has a great ability to make other players better around him and when to defer/when to take over a game. That's his best attribute.

Perry is one I think I'm most excited to see how he transitions.

But Billy Richmond is probably the one I'm most excited to watch as I feel like he could surprise me the most. I know he's billed as not a great shooter but I feel like its been a while since we've had a really athletic true 2 guard. If he can hit some 3's he could surprise some.

Known for his defense.

Here lately, guys we have thought were going to be really good, have not been. Guys that weren’t supposed to be that good, actually being our best players.

So I’m not gonna make any predictions and see what happens.. 😂

I’m excited to see how much Perry can contribute in year 1 and how good he becomes. I’m excited for Big Q and Fland as well.

Get a few key guys back and IF Cal will change a few things, I think we can be a good team next year.

Who cares! Cal will deliver another egg regardless. Anyone who gives 2 cents about a storied program should give it anything less than a thought. Does anyone thinks “the next big recruit” matters at this point, at least to this history of UK Basketball? Cal will insure that the program isn’t first and I tired of seeing UK being a stepping stone.

Whoever the skilled basketball player is. I've grown less excited lately about the freak-athlete top 10 dudes who pass the eye test but cant shoot, pass, or dribble.
But Kalipari loves athletes that have little to no basketball skills and he is a Hall of Famer!

Reactions: cathead64
Why keep doing the same thing while expecting a different outcome? How many more times does a freshmen centric strategy have to fail before you realize it doesn't work?
Shut up man. You are annoying as hell. If you don’t want to discuss the actual thread topic then just GTFO

It's too soon for me think about it. They may be wonderful, but right now, I just don't care. Maybe as it gets closer to the start of the season, but right now, no, don't care. The joy I used to feel year round is gone. It's buried deep as a protective measure. I'm tired of the massive ups and downs the past few years have been. I have been blaming Cal, of course, but I should blame myself for being suckered in each year, hoping that each season will be different.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, everyone. But I had such high hopes for this team. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. I gotta say, I enjoy reading all of your comments on here, though. Thanks.

Ignore me if you want. Will that help?
Sure it will. I thought you were done. By your posts I am assuming you will not watch games but you will be here to criticize the team and sometimes be clever. Actually, I am glad you are staying .You are a good poster.

Sure it will. I thought you were done. By your posts I am assuming you will not watch games but you will be here to criticize the team and sometimes be clever. Actually, I am glad you are staying .You are a good poster.
What is wrong with boycotting? The program is being held hostage, and it’s in the fan’s rights to show their dissatisfaction with Cal and Mitch

That Cal insult has played too long. The criticism has gotten very stale. Too many exceptions .
What’s the matter with his comment . It’s true for Gods sake . Cal does not play the best lineup . He favors his NBA kids even when THEY DONT DESERVE IT . Analytics proved our point and it’s not even close . Empirical evidence . Not doubt whatsoever about it . AND HE HAS NOT COMMITTED TO CHANGE IN HIS COMMENTS .
The,problem is most on this board have played , coached and know basketball . We resent our storied program being destroyed by Cals dream of putting certain kids in the NBA .
It’s not our dream . we did not agree to become a developmental league for the NBA when he was hired .

most excited for Perry
least excited Richmond. he's a Cal legacy player. no matter how putrid he might play Cal is going to give him tons of minutes just like Wagner
That's ridiculous. Wagner deserved to play . There were times when he kept us in games with his driving to the basket. Also Theiro is a son of a former player, guess you forgot about that one as it doesn't go with your weird agenda

Excited? None of them. I don’t think there is a Wall, Cousins, Davis, Fox, Monk, Knight, Jones, Bam, KAT in this group. At best we can hope there are 2-3 Tyty, Maxey, Lamb, Poythress in there.

Cyril, probably too raw to help offensively, and while shouldn’t get push around and should rebound well, is he quick enough to defend?

Quaintance, I think most FR are too old (held back a year), but he’s the opposite, a year younger than should be , so 2 yr younger than most FR. So that has a few concerns for next year. But Soph yr he may be a beast.

Perry, I think the year Reed had has many hopes too high for Perry. There’s been a good number of KY kids who never lived up to expectations. If he just contributes say 5-10mpg, I’d consider that a good FR yr for him.

Fland, idk, something makes me think he’s somewhere between Teague and Hagans. Which isn’t bad, but that’s more of a 4th/5th option on offense.

Knox, supposedly not a shooter at a position you want a good shooter. 🚩Thats a concern. I just hope Cal doesn’t have him eating into Theiro’s minutes, who I think will be an all-SEC stud next year.

Richmond, same concerns as Knox, but at least he is known to be a good defender. So maybe he could be our new Liggins, which while not a star is a good component for a contender.

In order of positive impact I expect from them, I’ll go Quaintance, Fland, Richmond, (next 2 are close but just give Knox the edge expecting Cal to play him more) Knox, Perry, Cyril

But I don’t see a # 1 or 2 option in the group, and unsure if there is a #3 guy. So we need Reed and at least 1 portal HR, or 2 portal HR’s. And Reeves first year at UK was more like a double, not a HR. Maybe Grady was a triple (before he got hurt).
If you are looking for someone to be more than Reeves has been you are in for rude awakening. Reeves was a stud the whole time he was here.

No I’m not I’m hateful till the tournament is over lol

Here lately, guys we have thought were going to be really good, have not been. Guys that weren’t supposed to be that good, actually being our best players.

So I’m not gonna make any predictions and see what happens.. 😂

I’m excited to see how much Perry can contribute in year 1 and how good he becomes. I’m excited for Big Q and Fland as well.

Get a few key guys back and IF Cal will change a few things, I think we can be a good team next year.
One thing for sure we know is Perry is a basketball player. The kid is a winner like Reed has been. A give it everything player. He has the best looking shot of any highschool player I believe I've ever seen

One thing for sure we know is Perry is a basketball player. The kid is a winner like Reed has been. A give it everything player. He has the best looking shot of any highschool player I believe I've ever seen

I hear he can flat out shoot it!! Just like Reed, a lot of people will doubt him simply because he’s from Kentucky.

That's ridiculous. Wagner deserved to play . There were times when he kept us in games with his driving to the basket. Also Theiro is a son of a former player, guess you forgot about that one as it doesn't go with your weird agenda
Analytics were clear that our best team BY FAR was having the there R’s on the floor at the same time . the plus minus is not even close . Not debatable by reasonable people.
AI researched it and no college coach has ever not started his two best players . POPVICH did it in the Pros but that’s the only one AI was aware of .
HUGE MISTAKE AND DISLOYALTY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT