ADVERTISEMENT

Which incoming freshman are you the most excited for?

None .freshmen can’t win titles and our coach plays them unfairly in front of better players . Who is staying and who is coming in the transfer portal . Hopefully it will not be necessary to play more than one freshman . Otherwise it will be the sixth straight year of failure.

I suspect that Fland will have the most impact of the freshmen next season. So, I guess I'm most excited to see his game in college. I've seen Perry quite a bit already. I don't expect a big role from him next season, but do expect him to be a big part of UK going forward - assuming we decide that winning is the top priority. Also, real curious about the potential of Richmond, Quaintance and Cyril as sophomores, which I expect to be able to guess at after seeing them next season. Knox is OAD, so I don't expect to see much to get excited about.

Definitely don't want to hear the young excuse. That's not a team wide excuse, but for JQ it will be legit even if he is 6ft 9 225. That doesn't mean the entire team is young.

Some of these posters are worse than Cal. Why the hell should anyone be excited about any freshmen coming? How many more early exits will it take for some of you to understand the one-and-done model doesn't work. You should be asking about transfer portal additions.

Perry is one I think I'm most excited to see how he transitions.

But Billy Richmond is probably the one I'm most excited to watch as I feel like he could surprise me the most. I know he's billed as not a great shooter but I feel like its been a while since we've had a really athletic true 2 guard. If he can hit some 3's he could surprise some.

I would say Jayden Quaintance as well. I just wonder how his game is going to transfer over to college. Is he purely a center or is he a stretch four kind of guy? I’ve watched some of his mixtapes online but those really don’t tell you anything. It’s literally just a tape of him hitting every single shot he puts up. It would be awesome if he could be a Trey Mitchell type player but bigger and more athletic.

I’ll mention guys that haven’t gotten brought up much.

Knox: I think he’s a better player than he is a prospect. As a wing if you’re not freaky long, athletic, or insane shooter you’re kinda discarded. He’s a guy that just always finds a way to get his points when I watched for FL Rebels and RWE. I think he gives you more than Edwards did next year and is also ranked low enough Cal SHOULD be able to get a competent portal 3 to split time with him.

Richmond- remember the idea people had of Justin Edwards? Not the number 1 pick but the wing, good defender, good athlete, lefty, not great shooter? That’s who Richmond actually is, without the hype and pressure to start/play too much. More so a 2/3 instead of 3/4 like JE. I actually feel very confident in Richmond as like the 7th/8th best player on next years team being a bench wing getting 15-20 minutes as a freshmen and being a starter as a sophomore potentially.

While I like JQ and Boogie the most as prospects I think it’s fair to have doubts as they project to have major roles next year and need to be really good from the jump.

Some of these posters are worse than Cal. Why the hell should anyone be excited about any freshmen coming? How many more early exits will it take for some of you to understand the one-and-done model doesn't work. You should be asking about transfer portal additions.
Why would Kentucky fans be excited about talented incoming freshman? Because we’re Kentucky fans. Why participate in something that makes you this miserable? There’s a whole world out there outside of Kentucky basketball, find something you enjoy.

First time they get a elbow to the chops they will fold the shitshow continues

Reactions: deep3
Why would Kentucky fans be excited about talented incoming freshman? Because we’re Kentucky fans. Why participate in something that makes you this miserable? There’s a whole world out there outside of Kentucky basketball, find something you enjoy.
Why keep doing the same thing while expecting a different outcome? How many more times does a freshmen centric strategy have to fail before you realize it doesn't work?

Excited? None of them. I don’t think there is a Wall, Cousins, Davis, Fox, Monk, Knight, Jones, Bam, KAT in this group. At best we can hope there are 2-3 Tyty, Maxey, Lamb, Poythress in there.

Cyril, probably too raw to help offensively, and while shouldn’t get push around and should rebound well, is he quick enough to defend?

Quaintance, I think most FR are too old (held back a year), but he’s the opposite, a year younger than should be , so 2 yr younger than most FR. So that has a few concerns for next year. But Soph yr he may be a beast.

Perry, I think the year Reed had has many hopes too high for Perry. There’s been a good number of KY kids who never lived up to expectations. If he just contributes say 5-10mpg, I’d consider that a good FR yr for him.

Fland, idk, something makes me think he’s somewhere between Teague and Hagans. Which isn’t bad, but that’s more of a 4th/5th option on offense.

Knox, supposedly not a shooter at a position you want a good shooter. 🚩Thats a concern. I just hope Cal doesn’t have him eating into Theiro’s minutes, who I think will be an all-SEC stud next year.

Richmond, same concerns as Knox, but at least he is known to be a good defender. So maybe he could be our new Liggins, which while not a star is a good component for a contender.

In order of positive impact I expect from them, I’ll go Quaintance, Fland, Richmond, (next 2 are close but just give Knox the edge expecting Cal to play him more) Knox, Perry, Cyril

But I don’t see a # 1 or 2 option in the group, and unsure if there is a #3 guy. So we need Reed and at least 1 portal HR, or 2 portal HR’s. And Reeves first year at UK was more like a double, not a HR. Maybe Grady was a triple (before he got hurt).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT