ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Murray be ranked in 2015 class? (Rivals)

This is one of the more misinformed posts I've ever read on here. If Willie was 6'7" he'd still be a first round pick. Every single team in the NBA would have room for an athletic freak that can guard every position on the floor and is good enough offensively to be a threat. Yet you don't think he'd even get a college scholarship? Based on what?

Also, trying to compare centers and guards is totally ignorant as they have completely different jobs on the court.

Before I get into the rest of that nonsense I want to hear your explanation of how WCS, at 6'7", wouldn't even get a scholly to college? Shew wee, what a mess.

Wow you lived right up to your handle name "You so sensitive"

Well first of all WCS was 7'1" and is very athletic for his height which is rare. Athletic 6'7" guys are dime a dozen. WCS would be playing football right now prob as a receiver. You prob hadn't heard but he was a football player lol.

If you think that WCS was 6'7" he would still be a 1st round pick??? Well you smoke crack plain and simple.
WCS averaged 12/3 as a 7' guy in HS. Those stats do not get you a scholly to major schools, lucky to get one to Murray St with those numbers. Even KU didn't give him an offer with him being 7'. Why? Because it was a big gamble to offer him It's just like Jared Carter. Only reason why he got a scholly was that 7'2" standing in those shoes he turned out to be a bust. Even right now his stats are not eye popping for a very tall college player. He got his call from his D.
Cal never watched him play, Just saw a 7' guy playing tennis and football and was super athletic. How many guys we offer that is 6'7" athletic and has piss poor stats for a HS player?

Now you tell me how a guy who never really cared to play basketball but liked football more and would be 6'7" is a first round pick or going to a school like KU or UK or even Witchita St?

Peace out "Oh So Sensitive" :weary:

Yes he was a sophomore but he was 17 years old. Jamal is already 18, he reclassified to the class that is age appropriate for him. Also I believe he only scored 10 points that game.

I think his birthday is in late Feburary, so he falls in that class where you can be in a grade ahead or below.

1. Labissiere
2. Simmons
3. Diallo
4. Brown
5. Ingram
6. Murray
7. Briscoe
8. Stone
9. Rabb
10. Newman?

Newman is overrated. I don't get the hype. He's a stat-filler, but I don't view him as a winner or somebody who's driven to get better. Diallo and Brown are both monsters and IMO generally underrated. I'm tempted to put them over Simmons. Murray is possibly the most polished guard in the class. He's ready right now. Will improve by leaps and bounds because of his work ethic though, and I hope his work ethic is contagious.

Not sure about the doubt on Simmons. The kid is super talented. I think he is still #1 with Skal close behind him. He is taking a big risk putting his career in Johnny's hands.

Is he really THAT good? That is an honest question. Most of us had never even heard of this kid until a few months ago and now all of sudden he is the next big game changer. I'm not trying to say that I don't think he is good cause I'm thrilled to have him. I'm just honestly ignorant to what kind of player he is and it just seems weird that someone can come out of nowhere and be a top 5 recruit and be in the top 3 in mock drafts

He didn't come out of nowhere. He was invited to be in the Nike Hoop Summit wasn't he? They don't just hand those out to anybody.

K is doing the same thing now (reloading with monster talent every year), IMHO.

And he's the best coach in the world, IMHO.

Dangerous combination for the rest of us.

Of course K is the best, he has little competition there with 5 titles. If you take Wooden out, he could be argued to be the best coach ever with 5 titles and double digit Final Fours.

I mean, who else can even come close in college b-ball? Roy? No. Donovan is gone. Cal is great, but he has just the one title. Pitino? Pretty good with 2 titles and 7 Final Fours, but not close to K still. Izzo? No way.

I would argue Saban is close in college football with 4 titles, winning at 2 different schools. Of course you have Pop with 5 titles in the NBA and Evil Man with 4 in the NFL (thanks again Seattle!). The Giants' manager in baseball has 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT