ADVERTISEMENT

Where I’m At…..

I'm really getting into the roman and greek periods. Was just learning about Ακρωτιρι the other day. I always thought that it was just Pompeii and Herculaneum that were destroyed by volcanoes.
Same here. I know I’m late to the party, but Mike Duncan’s History of Rome podcast is really good. It’s 13 or so years old, but I’m just finishing it up. Also currently reading Ten Caesars.

Sad part is I have always been that way but as of late I just can’t stand Cal and I just don’t so excited anymore because I know what to expect. My son was young and growing up when Tubby was coach toward the end of him and all the Gillespie crap. I used to throw stuff l, kick stuff and call them everything under the sun. His favorite player when he was little was Azibuike. He used to run through the house yelling his name. The thing is though my boy is now 23 he’s die hard UK and he used to see me really get super emotional and pissed off at previous staffs.

My old man is in his late 60s and still let's it get his blood pressure up too much. He still lives back home in Kentucky, while I'm up here in Seattle (Tacoma to be specific, but nobody knows Tacoma). We watch every Kentucky football and basketball game together via echo shows, and we sync up our TVs so we're at the same spot.

For the most part, it's the only time we get to hang out. Between the time difference, work, and hanging out with my wife... I don't get much other time.

He lives and dies by every play, but honestly it's mostly dying. As games go on, unless we're up a million, he gets more and more... Angry doesn't feel like the right word, but it's a lot of complaining about everything.

If it weren't the only time we had together, I'd stop. It's just not a good way to spend time. Life is too short to be mad about stuff that in the end doesn't really affect you.

Spend time with your kid, man. And try to make it a good time.

I used to be fanatical. When I was a kid, I would sneak a transistor radio with ear phone to bed with me & listen. This started with Rupps Runts, then Issel & Pratt and on. The only games you got to watch were on Saturday afternoon, with Joe Dean. With Pitino's teams, I taped every winning game and kept them until just a couple of years ago. After the 2015 fiasco, I lost interest. I used to make sure that I was home to watch every game. My mom used to keep her own score card for every game, and did so up until she passed. I used to go to games @ Rupp or Cincy or Louisville, and the SEC tourney. Now I would not waste time to go if someone paid my way. I remember on game as a kid against Duke, Freddie Cowan was playing. Of course Duke won, but I was so mad that I knocked a hole in the wall with my elbow. My dad didn't say a word, He just made the repair.
Last year, I did not watch a complete game. The year of the losing record, I didn't not watch any game. The SC game, i turned the game off @ half time and watched HGTV. The passion is gone. The fun is gone. CCC has taken that from a lot of fans, including me. My wife now has to remind me of a game being on. Will probably stay that way until CCC is gone, which can't happen soon enough.
I record every game because my nerves are shot. I did not watch the SC game. Cal’s shit has gone far enough. He can’t leave soon enough for me either.

This is not an important post, so feel free to ridicule me at your will.

I just posted in a separate thread about trying to remain positive - and I thought I’d go ahead and share to all.

During the second half of the South Carolina game, I went negative to the extreme. I was so pissed. Angry at players, angry at Cal. Angry at the entire situation. Obviously, for good reason. I yelled at my TV. I yelled at Cal. I was over the top angry - mostly because I see the talent here and know we have the ability to be a championship team. I was loud, and pissed.

Problem was, I was watching with my little boy. Now my kid, he is a Wildcat fan. But he isn’t fanatical. He just loves basketball in general. He doesn’t hang on every basket. He doesn’t write players names on his t-shirts in magic market like I did at his age. He doesn’t map out his day around game time. But he’s a fan. He doesn’t watch all games with me, instead sometimes choosing to play Fortnite instead.

As we were watching. - he stood up and said he was going upstairs. He told me I actually scared him from being so angry. He wasn’t trying to upset me, he was literally startled at my reactions. He told me he didn’t like watching games with me because I get too loud and pissed. This made me feel like shit.

Why do I do this? Because I truly love Kentucky basketball. You probably know the type of fan I am. You are probably the same way.

But I am choosing to stay positive here. I’m going to decide to let it go, enjoy the game with my kid, and stay positive.

Why am I typing this here? Because I just needed to. That’s all.

So, 1 seed here we come!
Sometimes when you are a fan, a true fan. It is passionate and passion is not always pretty. But I'll take passion over pretty any day of the week.

Heart, miles and miles of heart. 11 When they say we bleed blue, there is a
Realness to that. There are not many things like Kentucky Basketball that has had my heart soar or plunge so much in my life.

Sometimes when you are a fan, a true fan. It is passionate and passion is not always pretty. But I'll take passion over pretty any day of the week.

Heart, miles and miles of heart. 11 When they say we bleed blue, there is a
Realness to that. There are not many things like Kentucky Basketball that has had my heart soar or plunge so much in my life.
Seems like less and less people understand this every day.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
This is not an important post, so feel free to ridicule me at your will.

I just posted in a separate thread about trying to remain positive - and I thought I’d go ahead and share to all.

During the second half of the South Carolina game, I went negative to the extreme. I was so pissed. Angry at players, angry at Cal. Angry at the entire situation. Obviously, for good reason. I yelled at my TV. I yelled at Cal. I was over the top angry - mostly because I see the talent here and know we have the ability to be a championship team. I was loud, and pissed.

Problem was, I was watching with my little boy. Now my kid, he is a Wildcat fan. But he isn’t fanatical. He just loves basketball in general. He doesn’t hang on every basket. He doesn’t write players names on his t-shirts in magic market like I did at his age. He doesn’t map out his day around game time. But he’s a fan. He doesn’t watch all games with me, instead sometimes choosing to play Fortnite instead.

As we were watching. - he stood up and said he was going upstairs. He told me I actually scared him from being so angry. He wasn’t trying to upset me, he was literally startled at my reactions. He told me he didn’t like watching games with me because I get too loud and pissed. This made me feel like shit.

Why do I do this? Because I truly love Kentucky basketball. You probably know the type of fan I am. You are probably the same way.

But I am choosing to stay positive here. I’m going to decide to let it go, enjoy the game with my kid, and stay positive.

Why am I typing this here? Because I just needed to. That’s all.

So, 1 seed here we come!

For all our passion and fanaticism, it is truly just a game that has little impact on our lives, win or lose. The only impact that can result from sports is spending time watching them and going to games with the people we care about and building memories. My son is 5 and I've had to calm down watching with him there as he will repeat certain colorful 4 letter words I say when watching lol.

All that said, we are all gonna keep posting on here religiously and complain and get high and low because we are UK sports addicts and don't think logically 99% of the time.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT