ADVERTISEMENT

What will our field turf look like?

Probably a lot like this except with a UK theme.
home-fd-3.jpg

There was a discussion on this a few weeks ago. Lots of good ideas were thrown around. I hope for something that sticks out and not just a normal, run of the mill design.
I heard Coach Stoops will have a lot of input into the design. I think he will come up with a cool design that will stand out.

There's not a whole lot of room for creativity, really. The logo has to fit between the hashmarks, so it will remain roughly the same size. Only difference I see is there should be a lot more blue used there and in the end zones.

Originally posted by LordEgg:
not that my opinion matters, but i am a fan of how clean our field looks. nascar'ing it up is not what i want. I've heard cat scratches and lightning bolts type stuff out of some of the fans. that would be awful.
I love our field design as is as well. Blue end zones are fine, but I hope they don't go too crazy.

It will be interesting to see if they go for something really distinctive, or just clean and colorful for a change, with larger graphics. I know I sure would like to see the words, "Claiborne Field" positioned opposite the SEC logo. Time to act like we have some history to be proud of, since we really do.

I' wondering if a new uniform design will seen this fall. The checkerboard pattern (or Secretariat's colors) has been used in imaginative patterns on our basketball uniforms and other sports.

Originally posted by JasonS.:
Originally posted by LordEgg:
not that my opinion matters, but i am a fan of how clean our field looks. nascar'ing it up is not what i want. I've heard cat scratches and lightning bolts type stuff out of some of the fans. that would be awful.
I love our field design as is as well. Blue end zones are fine, but I hope they don't go too crazy.
Ditto!!

Originally posted by SanAntonioCat:
I' wondering if a new uniform design will seen this fall. The checkerboard pattern (or Secretariat's colors) has been used in imaginative patterns on our basketball uniforms and other sports.
Love the checkerboard end zone but UT has it so I do not think UK can do it as well.

My guess is UK stays pretty conservative except adding blue paint to the end zones with the UK still in the middle of the field.

I have said several times and still wish they would come up with a new really cool graphic of a cat scratch claw and put it in the middle of the field. Much like the Tiger Eye at LSU. Would be something new and add some flavor to the field and stadium.

Personally, I'd like to see them do something similar to Rich Brooks Field at Oregon.

The alternating shades of green every 5 yds
Either the current "UK" at midfield or possibly an outline of the state of Kentucky
Blue endzones with "Kentucky"

7989094374_0154c3f978_b-390x292.jpg

I like the alternating light/dark of Oregon's field. I would imagine that they won't change the logo's much. Big UK in the middle with Kentucky on the ends.

I like the alternating greens on the field. I am not a fan of an all blue end zone. I say put Kentucky or spell out Wildcats in a cool script font but don't paint the whole end zone blue or maybe incorporate the checkerboard pattern somehow but keep it unique.

end zone font

I think Stoll might have had KENTUCKY and WILDCATS on connected lines of diamond shapes in either end zone. Very 50's/60's. If so, that might be something cool to roll out as an alternate end zone package, if possible with field turf, but I can't see adopting it for everyday... too dated.

Blue end zones are a must. Text should be KENTUCKY opposite WILDCATS. I like the alternating shades of green every 5 yards a la Oregon. I am not excited about much tinkering with the current midfield graphic, other than to enlarge it significantly, and once that is done, you can't really make much else work with it.

If, as I pray, someone is dropping the cash for the field on the condition "C.M. Newton Field" is replaced with "Jerry Claiborne Field", then I could see overlaying the field name on a cats paw in one corner, and the state outline in the other.
This post was edited on 1/20 10:22 PM by southindycat

I'm fairly certain that we had Kentucky painted blue in the final home game this past season in the end zones. Thought it looked nice vs all blue end zone. Like the alternating shades of green as well. Wish they would do something besides the UK at mid field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT