ADVERTISEMENT

What should our hot board look like?

Still think Tommy Lloyd is a very realistic option.

Otherwise you go for Hurley and Scott Drew.. and after that, you really start to look at guys in their 40s. Which young coaches are in the tournament several times in the last few years.. and if they did it with largely different teams each time, even better. I'm sure there's some.

But if he called pitino today...Rick would tell Billy to take the kentucky job now I bet. Rick's not at lousiville anymore, remember? Rick has been open recently saying he never should have left kentucky.

First calls should be Donovan and Jay Wright.

I think good chance Donovan would say yes this time...his contract I'm Chicago is ending I believe and the bulls probably want to move on.
I just think he has won 2 titles and basically has done everything you can in the college game. Plus he has said no two times in the past. Idk he knows how huge UK ball is and maybe doesn't want to mess with nil

If you can't get the absolute grand slam homerun hire then get the best mid major coach and surround him with great high level assistants that know the recruiting game for this level. If it doesn't work out, then it won't cost as much to replace them in a few years.

The next coach after them would be the best chance at that homerun hire. It's always hard to replace a HoF coach with a high level replacement. Most don't want to follow them. Plus many will think Cal got the raw end of the deal since coaches tend to support each other.

People hoping for Drew better not get their hopes up. He’s more worried about preaching the word of Jesus than he is coaching basketball, he just uses coaching as a medium to do so. His coaching philosophy is J.O.Y and it stands for Jesus, Others, Yourself. That’s the order of the priorities he wants his team to have. When he loses he prays for success with the AD.

I can’t seem him leaving his nice and safe private baptist school that embraces that for a meat grinder of an environment at UK.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Sean Miller and Kelvin Sampson are names that will be shot down too quickly, IMO. I’d take both over Pearl in a heartbeat. I just really don’t get the Pearl love. *Good* coach, but not great and too much baggage
And Miller doesn't have baggage?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT