ADVERTISEMENT

what is the plan for King?

He isn't that fast, he would have looked fast regardless of who he is playing against. I would guess he would be in the 4.45 range to 4.55 range which is very fast. All these sub 4.4 times by 16-17 year olds just don't happen. The NFL combine would be a good indication of that where athletes have paid personal coaches to improve their starts and form to specifically improve their 40 times and a sub 4.4 is still rare by the cream of the crop.

This. 40 times are becoming worthless because players are using coaches to coach them specifically for the 40. The difference between a 4.3 and a 4.5 is the start from the sprinters stance. That's something that never comes into play on a football field.

Reactions: rudd1
No disrespect intended C, but I don't think that's fair. By all indications the kid was seriously considering Kentucky late in the game, but even the best staffs can be trumped by a Nick Saben full court press, or jail break blitz if you prefer..

I don't think so, Harris deserves all the criticism we can dish out. What he did was wrong. He knew where he was going months before NSD.

"Harris said he basically decided on Bama after his official visit to Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl game against Auburn in late November, although he gave the Wildcats and Buckeyes chances to state their final cases."

Don't wanna turn this nice thread about King who is an outstanding talent into a Harris discussion but I had to put this up. Maybe when Bama kicks him off the team to make room for another RB he can then go to Juco and then here if he wishes. Much like the kid UT signed up last year that Bama let go. That kid is really good.

Here is his hudl highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1396163/highlights/135918375/v2

To my untrained eye for RB talent is that he is a very shifty player and his acceleration is very good while his top end speed is not elite but it's on par with other good athletes. He can make a play when it's been busted up and has good hands and vision. Seems to see the play before it develops and does what he can to counter it. He is also patient on some plays with his line and letting the play develop.

Noticed his team has a very nice line and are huge for a HS. They developed some big holes for him in where he was able to gain some big yards. They also worked their butt off for him. Their was one busted play where a lineman was trying to fend off 3 guys by himself, king ran into them and that guy was going to war for King and King doubled back and ended up gaining yards over losing 5. Love how that lineman battled like that for him. Watch the video and how their line plays for him. That tells me in the locker room King is a good teammate and his bulldozers are running through walls for him. Hope he bought them all a coke after the game. Lol they needed it.

His speed in the first 30 yards are about as fast as anyone. I think he'd get caught on longer runs by really fast dbs... and I hope to god he gets caught from behind on a lot of long runs.

The more I hear about King the more I like him..it just seems like more often than not these kids from Georgia will overplay their rankings..I think this kid can be a star if we find ways to get creative with him in the passing game and special teams, etc..the thing I like most is this: He's a winner..Georgia high school football has treated us pretty good recently with the recruits they're sending our way

Kid is small, but man he's good in the open field..big play ability reminds me of Boom..if we can get our offensive line to step up we have explosive playmakers all over the place

^^That's a good article..here's what Chad Scott said about King: "We gotta play the kid, he's a playmaker, and you can't have enough of those kind of guys, guys that can do special things with the ball in his hands. He's gotta play for us. Me and Dawson think just alike: We love speed, guys that can take it to the house," Scott said. "He can do that, so I'm excited about King."

We gotta play the kid, he's a playmaker, and you can't have enough of those kind of guys

:okay:

^I think he will get more than a carry or two per game. I look for him to get the number of carries Horton got last year. And be in the rotation as kick returner.
UK averaged 70 plays per game on offense last year. Dawson hopes to be closer to 80-85 this year. Assuming a balanced attack (maybe slightly more pass plays), you're looking at about 35-40 rushing plays per game, at most. Everyone knows Boom is going to get the bulk of carries, rightly so. Last year he got about 7 touches a game. Guessing staff will want to get him 15-18 carries a game this year.

Even though Patrick averaged over 10 carries a game last year, I expect that to decrease dramatically this year. Guessing 3 to 5 carries a game, max? So that basically leaves about 15-20 touches a game to be split between Kemp, Horton, and King. You know Kemp and Horton are going to get at least 7 carries a piece (they each averaged over 5 carries/gm last year.) So that basically leaves about 3-5 carries per gam for King, probably in Jet sweep, reverses, etc, like RV2 mentioned.

I expect him to contribute, both in the return game and on offense, but not to the degree you're expecting (barring injuries to our big three, that is.)

He looks fast as hell

And you gotta think, he's playing 6A Georgia football in those highlights against some dang good competition and he's making them look silly...I don't know if I've ever seen so many 80+ yard runs in a highlight film ..think about a formation where you had King and Boom in the backfield at the same time to the right and left of the QB

Reactions: woodson991
I am excited to see him play but will they redshirt him? He looks like a kid that could play the first snap of season and his explosiveness is off the charts. Him and Boom in lineup together on certain plays could reek havoc and give D coordinator's a major migranes. If he does not redshirt do y'all think he will see significant snaps this seadon? Curious to hear some opinions on him.

I hope he can redshirt and just keep bulking up, but, once we hit SEC play I have a feeling we will need him for a game or 2.

Yeah the big play ability we are going to have this coming year is potentially they're the best Big play type team ever at Kentucky.
BOOM
KING
TIMMONS
BADET
TV
SNODGRASS
CONRAD
JOHNSON
KEMP
All them dudes mentioned are big time playmakers. I feel I have missed a few as well. Liking our depth on offense and It is becoming SEC caliber depth at that.
What about Towles, Horton, Baker, Montgomery and Barker......Yes Barker will make some big plays this season

I hope he can redshirt and just keep bulking up, but, once we hit SEC play I have a feeling we will need him for a game or 2.

I agree, but I would almost bet my next paycheck that King won't RS unless he gets injured in fall camp, God Forbid. That said, the program will be in a great place when incoming guys like King will RS because there's simply too much talented depth in front of them.

No one is saying he isn't a good player, because he is. But highlight videos are exactly that, they are highlights of his season. But some are putting expectations on him that will be hard for him to live up to. Every school takes plan B guys, UGA took a plan B guy in the 15 class who looks great on highlights but most aren't expecting much from him, and no matter how good King ends up being, he was UK's plan B guy in the 15 class. He has all the skills to be very good, and might prove to be the steal of the class and have a better career than the back who went elsewhere. Hope for greatness as everyone does for those guys, but expecting him to be dominant from the beginning is unfair to him. Give him a chance and then expect greatness, not before he suits up. For the record his highlights look better than the running back who went to Bama.

You don't mean old whathisname that went to Bama, do you, thought he was a five star.

Pretty high praise from someone whose opinion I respect, thanks, I would almost bet he will have a better career at UK than that other guy, and will probably be appreciated more..

You don't mean old whathisname that went to Bama, do you, thought he was a five star.

Pretty high praise from someone whose opinion I respect, thanks, I would almost bet he will have a better career at UK than that other guy, and will probably be appreciated more..
10/4

He's definitely not redshirting. I think he starts at KR and maybe even PR. He will get around 8-10 touches a game IMO and that will increase. He will be the primary guy on jet sweeps and then be in the rotation as the RB. Coaches have raved about him and his speed already. Kid is gonna be a BIG TIME player for us.

Kyle Tucker's tweets from practice today seem to indicate King had a very good day and might be the steal of this class.

The problem, is depth with the RBs. If we go all year without injuries, great, but we play in a tough conference and he does seem to be a real candidate for our return game.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ
Sihiem King turns the corner and is up the sideline in a blink. Cats stole one with that kid.

King will 100% not redshirt. In the sec you need at least 4 quality rbs. If anyone remembers the Miss. St. 07 homecoming game shows what happens when you don't have enough backs in the depth chart. We had lost little, locke, and smith that game and were left dixon and moncell allen, 2 slow moving backs

JDrum says King is really really good. Not sure we lost much or any when Harris went to Bama. Harris has more of an SEC body, but King is the real deal. Weapons!!!

From Tucker:

* Coaches have already said true freshman tailback Sihiem King is too good not to play, and it's clear why. He's both quick and fast, able to juke his way out of trouble and then zoom away once he's turned the corner. King twice (at least) got the edge on swing passes and was down the sideline in a blink. He also wiggled free on a run up the middle and appeared jet-powered in the open field.

It appears he has a terrific mentor for his style of play. One look at a picture of him, and it's clear that Boom Williams is mentoring him, starting with the pants.

Sounds like coachs are pumped about him and Dawson praising him. Sounds like some other programs over looked him cause his size. Sounds like a future Stud and the sting of that other running back hurt not as bad.

I cannot see how thissi Kid was not a 5*. I don't know what I eam missing. Plus I noticed he runs the ball up middle as well pretty unusual for a kid of his stature. Wonder if it would be best for him to redshirt since all the talent we have in backfield and slot? The Kid is a big play waiting to happen. He is the new incomer on the offensivee side of the ball I am looking forward to the most counting any redshirts this year.
Size hurt his star rating...kid is going to bring lots of smiles to CWS

He's definitely not redshirting. I think he starts at KR and maybe even PR. He will get around 8-10 touches a game IMO and that will increase. He will be the primary guy on jet sweeps and then be in the rotation as the RB. Coaches have raved about him and his speed already. Kid is gonna be a BIG TIME player for us.
Stoops has all but announced already that King will play this year. He won't redshirt. He isn't going to be the primary guy for anything, but he will see time as a running back and on special teams. You need 4 running backs ready to play.

Hey guys, I came over to your board to check on King. I have watched this kid play for years and you will not be disappointed. I see some are questioning his speed, propst said he ran a 4.38 in HS and he's not one to inflate numbers. I think he's a legit 4.4. He played arguably the toughest schedule in Georgia against the best in the highest classification earning state POY. He ran for 2,000 yards and only played a half in some games. Thing about him is, although he's a blazer, he can run up the middle just as good. Grumpy was not accurate on some statements, this was a homegrown kid as I watched him and his brother breaks records at Colquitt county. One of the best things about him is he's a great person and no one will work harder. Hope this cleared up some things for you guys. Speaking of hard work, look at the weight and muscle he's put on since December.

December
image_14.jpg~320x480

Few weeks ago. Heard he's added at least 15 lbs. look at the difference in his arms
image_15.jpg~320x480

. Not many high level college prospects from my neck of the woods. The only ones I can remember recently are Da'rick Rogers who went to UT, Vonn Bell who went to tOSU and Chubb at UGA, several others have signed with P5 schools but didn't do much.

King is from southern part of state and I am extreme northern part, so only time I saw him play was in state championship game He had an ok game, bout 120 yards or something in that range, he was held in check for a good portion of the game, but had some nice runs late to seal the win for his team. But something you have to also take into account is the team he was playing against isn't a typical HS team, it was loaded with college prospects because for some reason their school district is the entire city of Atlanta so any kid can go there who lives in the city limits and be in district. He runs hard, has good balance, good vision. I didn't see the speed many here think he is bringing in, I didn't see him at state track me so I don't know how fast he really is. Of course at state track meet everyone looked slow except the kid who ran a 10.2 that doesn't play football is going to UF for track. His build last Dec. looked more alone the lines of a WR or CB than an SEC back but Boom looked pretty slender in HS too, couldn't believe how thick he got, looked like he had gained 40 lbs. But he had a huge year in the state's largest classification and led his team to a state championship so he is a player.

I don't know of any UGA fans who were upset we didn't offer because RB wasn't a big need in our 15 class with Marshall hopefully coming back from injury, Michel and Chubb being soph's alone with a kid who had a couple starts in 13 and another RS back. You can only tie up so many scholarships at one position and we have 5. Richt likes bigger type backs and those tend to be more successful in our offense. The best ones under Richt have all been 210-215+ type guys, Chubb says he weights 228, Gurley wouldn't ever say, even defensive about it at times but he was big.

Didn't King play Valdosta last year? If so, where was that game played?

I agree, but I would almost bet my next paycheck that King won't RS unless he gets injured in fall camp, God Forbid. That said, the program will be in a great place when incoming guys like King will RS because there's simply too much talented depth in front of them.

Yeah, there's no way King redshirts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT