ADVERTISEMENT

What cal has done to the state of Kentucky is unacceptable!

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
Anyone could do the good deeds part. UK basketball is life this time of year for many Kentuckians. Rich, poor it doesn’t matter. It’s one of the backbones of the entire state something we have taken pride in for generations. It’s what’s helped many downtrodden Kentucky residents feel strong, it’s what’s brought families together especially in March. There is no tier 1 pro sports team in the state there is Kentucky bb.

The last 4 years without a march win is unacceptable. It has done irreparable harm on the state. We talk about it’s just a game blah blah blah. No it’s not. It’s a reason for people to connect. It’s a reason for the people with all the worry in the world to release for a while. Cal has been pumped for that miner and his family, but what about all the families cal isn’t involved in? He’s robbed them
Of something sort of sacred. This has to end now. We may win a game. Hopefully. But it doesn’t matter. We need a new coach. One who doesn’t divert attention and use disasters to take attention away from losing. One who understands the state of Kentucky needs a strong basketball program not to hand out blankets rather to go out and win to help those who have struggled personally or through disaster for a day.

You see cal has degraded the bb program in such a way that the real mission has been convoluted. Under his and Barney’s leadership there has been this movement to make uk bb about something other than what it is. UK bb isn’t the Red Cross. It’s one of the sources of pride for the entire state. When tornados ravage the state uk bb is there to pick people up by performing on the court. When the older generations grow, it’s what’s passed down from grandparents to their grandkids, parents to kids. It’s an opportunity to bond. You can’t do that if we aren’t winning march games.

My son 19. We used to really bond over uk bb. We made a 20 hr drive in 2015 to Cleveland on a whim. Now my kid is grown and he’s growing apart from our bonding over uk bb bc the opportunities have been ripped away. I suspect this isn’t the only family bonding being upended. I also know a few comparatively a lot of people who have died the last few years. All big time fans and others who’s time is running out this is the last tournament.

Cal Barney none of them understand this. Or if they do it’s in some awkward fashion. Cal taking some water or bringing in 1 miners family doesn’t help Kentucky. It helps Cals image. What helps Kentucky is maintaining pride in what has been the top program in bb history. It isn’t right now. I don’t see next year any different. It’s no longer a 1 and done recipe. Cal doesn’t have it. He and Barney need to go. This isn’t a fire some one post. This is a save uk bb post. There needs to be a movement starting now to clean this mess up and get UK back on top. The money in the buyout is chump change compared to the damage cal is doing to the moral of a downtrodden state. It’s reprehensible.

In reality it is just a game. I wonder about some of our fans careers and home lives.

I mean it’s a big deal, but not really that big of a deal.
I have a fine job and ok home life, thanks.

Would this be said to Alabama football fans if Saban were careening them off a cliff, or would it be like, "Yes, Alabama has a storied tradition and history in college football and it's worth saving?"

Standards matter. In everything you choose in life.

Reactions: cat tat2 and CROCAT
It was just over-the-top ridiculous.
Well you’re either a uk from this loser generation post COVID gen Z or you’re not a fan if you don’t understand the link between the states well being and a winning bb program at UK. Honestly if you don’t get that just go and do something else bc you don’t care and you’re only in the way of people who have cared deeply for generations.

In reality it is just a game. I wonder about some of our fans careers and home lives.

I mean it’s a big deal, but not really that big of a deal.
You can say that from wherever you live. But I will tell you a story. A friend of mine at UK in the early 90s had moved to lex from VA and made the comment “I have never seen a city like this totally depressed after a loss”. If you guys can’t comprehend this then you don’t know the impact of UK bb. It isn’t just a game. Kentucky fans don’t pump our tradition over “just a game”. And btw and can’t even be “just a game” if you’re not playing games in March.

I agree. When my grandfather passed away in 2011. UK won the title 4 months later. UK basketball helped us escape from his death for a while. For a few hours, every couple of nights. We could all gather around the TV and just watch UK win and forget about everything. Cal has killed the program.

Well you’re either a uk from this loser generation post COVID gen Z or you’re not a fan if you don’t understand the link between the states well being and a winning bb program at UK. Honestly if you don’t get that just go and do something else bc you don’t care and you’re only in the way of people who have cared deeply for generations.
That’s just ridiculous. Sure Ima fan, but it’s not THAT big of deal. You sound like it’s dictating your general health and happiness. It’s just basketball.

Reactions: Zissou87
We pay out coach almost double of the next team to hand out blankets? No you or the aptly named @CaptainBoogerBuns need to go somewhere else

Why havent you called me ?

finding-nearby-sks-expert.png.webp

Anyone could do the good deeds part. UK basketball is life this time of year for many Kentuckians. Rich, poor it doesn’t matter. It’s one of the backbones of the entire state something we have taken pride in for generations. It’s what’s helped many downtrodden Kentucky residents feel strong, it’s what’s brought families together especially in March. There is no tier 1 pro sports team in the state there is Kentucky bb.

The last 4 years without a march win is unacceptable. It has done irreparable harm on the state. We talk about it’s just a game blah blah blah. No it’s not. It’s a reason for people to connect. It’s a reason for the people with all the worry in the world to release for a while. Cal has been pumped for that miner and his family, but what about all the families cal isn’t involved in? He’s robbed them
Of something sort of sacred. This has to end now. We may win a game. Hopefully. But it doesn’t matter. We need a new coach. One who doesn’t divert attention and use disasters to take attention away from losing. One who understands the state of Kentucky needs a strong basketball program not to hand out blankets rather to go out and win to help those who have struggled personally or through disaster for a day.

You see cal has degraded the bb program in such a way that the real mission has been convoluted. Under his and Barney’s leadership there has been this movement to make uk bb about something other than what it is. UK bb isn’t the Red Cross. It’s one of the sources of pride for the entire state. When tornados ravage the state uk bb is there to pick people up by performing on the court. When the older generations grow, it’s what’s passed down from grandparents to their grandkids, parents to kids. It’s an opportunity to bond. You can’t do that if we aren’t winning march games.

My son 19. We used to really bond over uk bb. We made a 20 hr drive in 2015 to Cleveland on a whim. Now my kid is grown and he’s growing apart from our bonding over uk bb bc the opportunities have been ripped away. I suspect this isn’t the only family bonding being upended. I also know a few comparatively a lot of people who have died the last few years. All big time fans and others who’s time is running out this is the last tournament.

Cal Barney none of them understand this. Or if they do it’s in some awkward fashion. Cal taking some water or bringing in 1 miners family doesn’t help Kentucky. It helps Cals image. What helps Kentucky is maintaining pride in what has been the top program in bb history. It isn’t right now. I don’t see next year any different. It’s no longer a 1 and done recipe. Cal doesn’t have it. He and Barney need to go. This isn’t a fire some one post. This is a save uk bb post. There needs to be a movement starting now to clean this mess up and get UK back on top. The money in the buyout is chump change compared to the damage cal is doing to the moral of a downtrodden state. It’s reprehensible.
Agree with you 100%. However, nothing is going to happen any time soon Cal has an ironclad contract and yeah he owns Barney...his boss...not a good situation.

Barney and cal need to go now or the harm will take a very long time to reverse. We are Indiana it seems like 50% of fans care less than last season. That is a horrendous trend

It’s like there’s a concerted effort to destroy from UK or something. Cal surely doesn’t care about UK’s legacy as a Blue Blood. He cares about his legacy no matter the consequences to the program. Barney is too naive to protect our legacy, and has already caused it great harm. Trolls come on here demoralizing BBN, asking us why we care so much. Telling us Cal is gonna stay here as long as he likes. Telling us Cal hates us, the fans who have the balls to call him on his bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT