ADVERTISEMENT

Cal wanted to come to Kentucky. Who’s that guy this time?

Jan 27, 2023
I was only a game time fan back then, but if I remember correctly, Cal very much wanted the UK job.

Who’s the proven coach that openly wants the UK job this time? That should be your guy right?

My guess it’s Pearl. I like Pearl. It’s easy to not like him as an opposing fan, but barring a stroke, heart attack, aneurysm, he’s got the energy for this gig. As a fan of his team, you’d kinda hafta enjoy the idiot.

People talk about throwing huge sums of money around. We still live in a world where earning a few million a year is a really, really nice lifestyle. $10 million vs $5 million isn’t going to matter to a lot of people if they like they’re job and they’re place in the world (I.e. Mark Few). I wouldn’t want the coach that is coaching only for money. We just had that to some degree. Cal may of come here because he enjoyed the fame, but he parlayed that into a money first attitude; money for himself and for some players.

Last edited:
Reactions: CalipariCapo
I was only a game time fan back then, but if I remember correctly, Cal very much wanted the UK job.

Who’s the proven coach that openly wants the UK job this time? That should be your guy right?

My guess it’s Pearl. I like Pearl. It’s easy to not like him as an opposing fan, but barring a stroke, heart attack, aneurysm, he’s got the energy for this gig. As a fan of his team, you’d kinda hafta enjoy the idiot.

People talk about throwing huge sums of money around. We still live in a world where earning a few million a year is a really, really nice lifestyle. $10 million vs $5 million isn’t going to matter to a lot of people if they like they’re job and they’re place in the world (I.e. Mark Few). I wouldn’t want the coach that is coaching only for money. We just had that to some degree. Cal may of come here because he enjoyed the fame, but he parlayed that into a money first attitude; money for himself and for some players.
Maybe Bruce Pearl??

I think Pearl is a really good coach who offers what UK needs in a coach but he seems kind of old to be taking on a new high pressure job.

Reactions: dl51344
Pearl, maybe Beard. No way either one gets a call unless Mitch misses on everyone and the donors take over.

Reactions: dl51344
Likely plenty of guys but UK is not in position to take a chance on an up in comer.

So yes that leaves Pearl and Pitino.

It’s oats. He’s the obvious fit but Barney for whatever reason is gonna pull another Bcg .

Well, we all want someone who loves UK and is enthusiastic about the program. Here’s Pope’s video that’s been circulating from when the 1996 Championship Team was honored.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Got your answer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT