ADVERTISEMENT

We still need Reeves back.

I think we are going to get Reeves back. I know he's attending classes at his former School but that is perhaps because of the curriculum that would qualify him for The graduate transfer. His credits earned there may not have transferred to UK. I'm guessing of course but I think it's peculiar that other names have not been mentioned as a likely place to go
Michigan or IU for Reeves.

We don’t need him. What is the need for a non guarding, non passing guard that shrinks in the moment?

If he will accept his role as a practice dummy then come on back.

If he thinks he’s more than that then good riddance.

I want Reeves back, but looking at the bright side, I would expect our defense to be a lot better next season. From a pure speed and athleticism standpoint, Dillingham and Wagner have Reeves beat.

Going to miss Reeves offense, though, even though it was inconsistent.

It’s not easy to replace 14 points a game.

I want Reeves back, but looking at the bright side, I would expect our defense to be a lot better next season. From a pure speed and athleticism standpoint, Dillingham and Wagner have Reeves beat.

Going to miss Reeves offense, though, even though it was inconsistent.

It’s not easy to replace 14 points a game.
I'm curious what his numbers (averages) were against inferior teams, good teams and great teams, and in tournament.

I'm curious what his numbers (averages) were against inferior teams, good teams and great teams, and in tournament.
That would be interesting to see.

The NCAA tourney was two vastly different games.

Providence- 22 pts, 8-18 FG, 5-9 3FG.

K-State- 3 pts, 1-15 FG, 1-10 3FG.

Inconsistent for sure.

Only thing consistent was the amount of shots were about the same.

Reeves is definitely a volume shooter.

Unless cal realizes he has to make guarentees to get guys like reeves and offers him the starting spot and money
He won’t, he won’t risk making a Freshman mad. He should make no guarantees other than everyone will play plenty, show them tape of 2015 and the draft results, and set them up for a great payday while in the process. Should be an easy sell honestly. Makes no sense how Cal isn’t dominating with most of the great coaches retiring. Just shows he has lost it.

He won’t, he won’t risk making a Freshman mad. He should make no guarantees other than everyone will play plenty, show them tape of 2015 and the draft results, and set them up for a great payday while in the process. Should be an easy sell honestly. Makes no sense how Cal isn’t dominating with most of the great coaches retiring. Just shows he has lost it.
I don't think it's even about the freshmen. His pride won't let him adapt.

He thinks kids should be happy to come to Kentucky. It's not working that way.

It's also a new type of player these days. It used to be where coaches were in charge. They recruited and then made offers. Players didn't "demand" things like position played, starting job, and heaven forbid, money (NIL). They also didn't make known that they wouldn't come if someone else was coming. Players used to compete for position and playing time. Not any more. Just refuse the offer. They were made an offer and then either declined or accepted because they wanted to play for that school and were excited. They talked to their parents but didn't have a bunch of "handlers", or if they did, it wasn't talked about. Nowadays, the player seems to run the show. I don't know if it is like this at other schools or not. But as many players that are going to Kansas, I'm thinking they must have 20 scholarships. The whole atmosphere surrounding college basketball has changed and I'm not talking NIL and the transfer portal. It just seems like something else as well. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: Fox2monk
It's also a new type of player these days. It used to be where coaches were in charge. They recruited and then made offers. Players didn't "demand" things like position played, starting job, and heaven forbid, money (NIL). They also didn't make known that they wouldn't come if someone else was coming. Players used to compete for position and playing time. Not any more. Just refuse the offer. They were made an offer and then either declined or accepted because they wanted to play for that school and were excited. They talked to their parents but didn't have a bunch of "handlers", or if they did, it wasn't talked about. Nowadays, the player seems to run the show. I don't know if it is like this at other schools or not. But as many players that are going to Kansas, I'm thinking they must have 20 scholarships. The whole atmosphere surrounding college basketball has changed and I'm not talking NIL and the transfer portal. It just seems like something else as well. Any thoughts on this?
Players and handlers/show companies run the show 100% now. They used to have major influence but now they can demand anything they want. It’s gotten too crazy.

Reactions: susan2361
I hope the team is practicing for next month. 27 days from the games in Canada and we don't know the full roster yet.

It's not a "new type of player". It's threats being made on social media, lawsuits, coaches not doing their jobs, schools not being as "by the book" as they used to be, the NCAA having no teeth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT