ADVERTISEMENT

We still need Reeves back.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Even if we add Somto Cyril, Kaluma, and/or Jordan Brown, we still need perimeter shooting, and there is no one on the current roster able to do the things that Reeves can do for us (namely, make 80 threes on a season while shooting 40% from range).

We're about to add a few guys, and one or two of them might be exciting, but even if we add Cyril and Kaluma, who spreads the court for Kentucky next season?

Ideally, you go into next season after adding Kaluma and Cyril, while also bringing Reeves back.

G - Wager
G - Reeves
F - Edwards
F - Kaluma
C - Bradshaw

Even if we add Somto Cyril, Kaluma, and/or Jordan Brown, we still need perimeter shooting, and there is no one on the current roster able to do the things that Reeves can do for us (namely, make 80 threes on a season while shooting 40% from range).

We're about to add a few guys, and one or two of them might be exciting, but even if we add Cyril and Kaluma, who spreads the court for Kentucky next season?

Ideally, you go into next season after adding Kaluma and Cyril, while also bringing Reeves back.

G - Wager
G - Reeves
F - Edwards
F - Kaluma
C - Bradshaw
That ship has sailed, but might get a glimpse of it as it crosses the horizon and blends into the sunset.

Last edited:
Disappear Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

We're going to get annihilated next year with the lack of spacing.

Do you guys remember the 2000 season when we had Prince, Smith, Tackett, Blevins and Bogans chucking (and missing) threes? We ended up shooting around 30% from three that year.

That's what I'm anticipating next season.

Do you guys remember the 2000 season when we had Prince, Smith, Tackett, Blevins and Bogans chucking (and missing) threes? We ended up shooting around 30% from three that year.

Lot of shooters around, not so many makers

Like to have Reeves back too but not if he is demanding huge NIL and really doesn't care to truly be at UK. Think he might just become a team cancer rather than a valuable member of the team, if that's the case. We need a lock down shooter but not one who really isn't the here for UK and just for the money instead. Let him go.

I was fine with Reeves exploring his options. I don't blame him. We do the same when it comes to our own employment and "job opprotunities".

But he met with Cal what, this past Monday? This guy needs to decide. We need to take whichever wing will commit to us first and the guy who takes his time can go do what he wants.

Back to the employer example.. sure, us "employees" can search for new opportunities, but that means our employers can very well do the same. We need to treat this like a functioning business. Can't wait around for Reeves.

Wagner, Dilly, edwards, and Kaluma is not going to be some terrible perimeter shooting team 1-4. They aren’t going to be great at it obviously, but they should all at least be serviceable from 3.

G - Wager
G - Reeves
F - Edwards
F - Kaluma
C - Bradshaw
I agree but it doesn’t looks good. There was a instagram page that said during the meeting cal told reeves on Monday he was coming off the bench.

I was fine with Reeves exploring his options. I don't blame him. We do the same when it comes to our own employment and "job opprotunities".

But he met with Cal what, this past Monday? This guy needs to decide. We need to take whichever wing will commit to us first and the guy who takes his time can go do what he wants.

Back to the employer example.. sure, us "employees" can search for new opportunities, but that means our employers can very well do the same. We need to treat this like a functioning business. Can't wait around for Reeves.
If your employer knows that you are looking for another position he should have no qualms about filling that position before you leave.

Why is it taking so long to hear some reeves news. Strange

I think Reeves is gone, but maybe we can land Mulcahy.

Mulcahy seems like a better fit with this team. Can knock down the open three, can handle, and has a pass first mentality.

Reeves comes back, he will want 15-20 shots a game. This team isn’t designed for that.

Why is it taking so long to hear some reeves news. Strange
I agree, if he is for sure gone why not announce already and get it over with. Maybe he is waiting to see if kentucky gets desperate and comes back with what he wants

Isn't he supposed to be enrolled for summer classes at Illinois st?

I don't feel like Reeves can lead and he chokes when the lights are biggest so I dont see the big need to get him back. I mean don't get me wrong we need bodies but the only reason for older players is to lead and take over when needed and I dont think that's in his DNA. Plus he doesn't seem to want to be here so bye bye.

the usual suspects GIF

Reactions: FilsonCat
Reeves is a streaky shooter who is a total liability on defense. You can't count on him in the clutch either in big games. To get anything at all accomplished next season, Cal has to reel in more bodies down low and then get them playing defense.

I think Reeves could help the team, but he could also be a distraction if his minutes got cut in favor of some of the new guys. The last this team needs is more distractions in the locker room.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Reed shot 40% from three as a senior. I know that was against high school competition but I really think he's going to surprise everyone with his outside shooting.

He also stands to benefit the most from Reeves not returning.

Everyone wants reeves back would also be bitching if Reed didn't get as much playing time.

Reactions: Doodah859

If thinking of same team a big part of that was Saul. He was freaking awful and shot like 25% from 3 on a sh*t ton of attempts.

G - Wager
G - Reeves
F - Edwards
F - Kaluma
C - Bradshaw
I think we are going to get Reeves back. I know he's attending classes at his former School but that is perhaps because of the curriculum that would qualify him for The graduate transfer. His credits earned there may not have transferred to UK. I'm guessing of course but I think it's peculiar that other names have not been mentioned as a likely place to go

I think we are going to get Reeves back. I know he's attending classes at his former School but that is perhaps because of the curriculum that would qualify him for The graduate transfer. His credits earned there may not have transferred to UK. I'm guessing of course but I think it's peculiar that other names have not been mentioned as a likely place to go
Dave that’s as thin as a ZigZag rolling paper! Lol it may be as you think? I’m hoping that’s the case!

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think other names have been mentioned (e.g., Michigan) … but most are waiting until it becomes official to state the “interest”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT