ADVERTISEMENT

Veterans Park. Lexington

Looking at Lexington media sites, can’t find the story
I saw FREE PALESTINE sprayed in large letters with red paint this morning on a roadside directional sign on New Circle Road heading to Alumni Drive from Richmond Road AND, in even LARGER letters, on a wooden fence on Alumni Drive between New Circle and Chinoe Drive. I believe these were painted during the evening, but am not positive. I did not see them yesterday.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: K86 and 80 Proof
I drove by the park yesterday and the damage had not been done. My family and I saw it around 100 this afternoon.

Want to get people on your side? Don’t do what these dipshits have been doing. Attacking old people, vandalizing veterans memorials, shutting down interstates, attacking Christmas celebrations… none of these things do a single thing to help anyone in Palestine and none of those things do anything to get anybody to feel sympathy or want to help the Palestinians. Stupid self indulgent self important kids. That’s all they are.

Want to get people on your side? Don’t do what these dipshits have been doing. Attacking old people, vandalizing veterans memorials, shutting down interstates, attacking Christmas celebrations… none of these things do a single thing to help anyone in Palestine and none of those things do anything to get anybody to feel sympathy or want to help the Palestinians. Stupid self indulgent self important kids. That’s all they are.

…and the Lincoln Memorial in DC!!

Only people that do those things are usually uber liberal

Reactions: WTF Cat and chroix
Democrats have been empowering the violent, destructive radical left for years now. They have ruined institutions across this country with their pRoGrEsSiVe rot. Regretting it? How can it be anything other than by design?

I'm on the side that cares about this country. By every policy and action, the left wants it destroyed. Race baiting Biden, FBI, and DHS say that "White Supremacy" is our nations biggest terrorist threat! WTF?

I'm glad people are starting to wake up. This "2 sides" shit is really getting old. From where I stand the evil is strictly one sided, but at this rate I'm afraid it may come to that.

Woahhhh...on Christmas evening no less. And you're someone the rest of us should look up to? You're one of the proud and few Patriots? That's quite the escalation. Try a bit harder to rise above hate, Ida. We only have one life a piece. No sense wasting it on staying uber pissed at strangers on a sports message board. How's your gas prices in Idaho looking?

Woahhhh...on Christmas evening no less. And you're someone the rest of us should look up to? You're one of the proud and few Patriots? That's quite the escalation. Try a bit harder to rise above hate, Ida. We only have one life a piece. No sense wasting it on staying uber pissed at strangers on a sports message board. How's your gas prices in Idaho looking?
What IdaCat said

These "protest" don't care about helping Palestine. Most all of them, the bigger ones in cities, are just part of the plan. It's all on purpose to cause civil disruption and its only going to get worse so tune in to your fav news station for the latest episode

I used to live about 300 feet from that tank.

Yea I am totally on your side now that you have vandalized something that has been a source of pride for many years. Yea I am on your side now.

And man I wish some of my old neighbors had caught the person doing it. But I have no doubt it was some dumbass kid that couldn't find Israel on a map, and who has no real clue what is going on back there.

lol I see this thread and knew the hall monitor would be in to police your thoughts. He turns a thread about violent people destroying public property into a narrative about posters being hateful and violent. It would be a true work of art if everyone wasn’t laughing at him

Reactions: phunterd
Normally political activists and protestors are so charming. They also spray painted the new fencing on Alumni near Chinoe so that you will be sure to remember you share their values.

Reactions: K86
So you're pro vandalism and disrespecting veterans?

Great look.

Just rode my bike over there and happy to report the tank appears to have been repainted and the monuments cleaned. Kudos to the good citizens who did so.

From what the news reports were saying, it sounds like the city actually didn’t waste any time getting this cleaned up. Now if the police can catch who did it.

So you're pro vandalism and disrespecting veterans?

Great look.
Please, I beg you to point me to one of my posts where the above is true. This isn't one of your best quote and posts.

Sorry, I think Ida is probably a good dude in real life but he'll use any and every opportunity, even when asking advice on generators, to blame millions of strangers he disagrees with politically. You found a moment to put words into my post and pretend I support vandalism and disrespecting vets which is horseshit. Take a moment and check his post history. Shitting on "progressives" is his gimmick and I think it's sort of funny someone could be so short sighted and obsessed.

I'll wait for you to show me the post I wrote how I'm pro-vandalism and pro-shitting on vets. Again, this ain't one of your best posts.

Last edited:
Yeah Hank, please produce a post of me supporting vandalism or disrespect to vets. If it's not there, take barbour's advice and Stfu. TIA. Still waiting for that post I wrote.

Great look by you...

“LPD says none of the statements appear to be hate crime related.“

Alrighty then.
I'm guessing "stupid" is inferred in all crimes, so giving it specific subset to rile people up hasn't happened. Though this is clearly stupid, and to be pointed, achieves a result contrary to the stated aim. As a good ol' preacher once said, "Lord, protect me from your followers." The associated dumb asses with every hot topic ruin it for the sincere. I am certain there are legitimate believers (right or wrong in their conviction) that think Palestine should be free, do not advocate the destruction of Israel, and are opposed to vandalism. I am not one of them, but I am confident they exist.

I'm guessing "stupid" is inferred in all crimes, so giving it specific subset to rile people up hasn't happened. Though this is clearly stupid, and to be pointed, achieves a result contrary to the stated aim. As a good ol' preacher once said, "Lord, protect me from your followers." The associated dumb asses with every hot topic ruin it for the sincere. I am certain there are legitimate believers (right or wrong in their conviction) that think Palestine should be free, do not advocate the destruction of Israel, and are opposed to vandalism. I am not one of them, but I am confident they exist.
If this had been written on a tank or on the side of a downtown wall before October 7th I’d be inclined to agree.

However, we all know why it was written and who it is directed at. I can’t stand it when authorities in Western countries pretend to have no eyes in order to shield the actions of a protected minority.

Local coverage

The city called Mobile Soda Blasting & Coatings to remove the vandalism. They cleaned the spray paint off of the concrete. However, the paint on the tank will remain until the city can paint over it. The process is delicate. If the tank is power washed, it will remove the tank’s paint.

If anybody here is close to this situation, this doesn't need repainting.

I had a friend that would remove graffiti from rail cars 20 years ago. That rattle can paint is so thin and not baked on like at a bodyshop.

Easyoff oven cleaner takes it right off. Spray on, wipe it off.

Weird shit that I know.

The city called Mobile Soda Blasting & Coatings to remove the vandalism. They cleaned the spray paint off of the concrete. However, the paint on the tank will remain until the city can paint over it. The process is delicate. If the tank is power washed, it will remove the tank’s paint.

If anybody here is close to this situation, this doesn't need repainting.

I had a friend that would remove graffiti from rail cars 20 years ago. That rattle can paint is so thin and not baked on like at a bodyshop.

Easyoff oven cleaner takes it right off. Spray on, wipe it off.

Weird shit that I know.
It's waterbased paint mostly. So it just washes right off. Source: Did construction painting as a summer job as a teenager.

I'd lay 100 to 1 that the dim-wits that did it couldn't locate Israel on a globe/world map.

I'd lay 100 to 1 that the dim-wits that did it couldn't locate Israel on a globe/world map.
Stick to the political thread, Hyman. Your audience there is much less sophisticated and, as such, likely to reciprocate and appreciate your 4th grade humor. 4th grade relative to Kentucky, of course. 1st grade in non backward states and countries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT