ADVERTISEMENT

Very Proud !!!

Yep. That's what I'm afraid of.

Cal had an entire official review of the clock to draw up a play, and we end up with a prayer 3 by Reed. Smh

It's scary how quickly we can go from.a great shooting team under Cal to missing 40 shots. To miss so many with a 11pt lead is even more telling. Not being able to score more than a point the last 3+ minutes of a game, makes it seem like they had no coach at all.

Is it the fear of failure that makes you try to hold on too tight and you wind up killing your game in the process? Players can sense when their coaches tense up and relax, and tend to mimic it without realizing. Hopefully they learn to overcome that like the 2012 team did

How can anyone be fine with a loss? I guess some so-called fans simply don't care.
Lol
It's scary how quickly we can go from.a great shooting team under Cal to missing 40 shots. To miss so many with a 11pt lead is even more telling. Not being able to score more than a point the last 3+ minutes of a game, makes it seem like they had no coach at all.
its almost like we have a bunch of freshmen out there 😏

Outrunning and hustling your way to transition points works great, until the other coach and team makes you play a half court game, and Cal clearly doesn't teach that. Regardless of who was out , that game was ours to win. We just got outcoached yet again. It's rather clear the other team we're running and executing deliberate sets, as opposed to dribbling the clock out and jacking up crap. It's Calipari Groundhog day once again. Yet many continue thinking another #1 recruiting class can out talent the lack of coaching year after year. Expect another year of screAming goooo until our players are worn out physically and mentally or sustain injuries.

Yeah he took a horrible shot when oncoming action looked to have reeves wide open

Do you even watch? The two guys everyone was whining about cal holding back all game cost us dearly the last five minutes with terrible defense and really bad freshman mistakes.

Luckily they’ll learn from it. But Jesus he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t with most of y’all. And the fact you couldn’t see what was opening with six seconds left tells me maybe your opinion of Cals basketball prowess(and I don’t love it but I don’t hate just to hate) should be taken with a major grain of salt.
Sure, I watched the game. Have you watched the last few years? The players keep changing, but the late game results stay the same. It's not that difficult to understand.

Same. In a lot of ways we did not even play well.

Edwards and Wagner 1-17

Reeves subpar from 3

No 7 footers, lot of rebounds were purely length (also HD went to my hs but I can’t stand him and can’t wait for Ugonna to send his sh*t to the stands)

Dilly went off at first but also several silly plays.

Shep made a stupid silly pass at the end.

We are FINE and will get so much better.

Also more importantly. I just love the way this team plays. Like the whole style and energy.

If you think cal doesn’t want to win as bad as any one of us you are tripppping.
Then why doesn’t he keep his best players on the floor? Why does he play favorites? Cal is tripping but not Meth, he is to fat!

We had our 2 "best" freshman absolutely wet the bed and had 3 7 footers on the bench yet we still should have win. I'm very proud of this team. This is the best I've felt going into a season since fox and monk were wearing blue
I agree, everyone is sick of losing big games which is why there is so much negativity. I feel like if we were just outmatched and lost by 12 the board would be less mad lol. We were in it the entire way and a few freshmen mistakes, missed FTs, and some poor shooting from Reeves sealed it. Prospects for the season look good though. On to the next!

We had our 2 "best" freshman absolutely wet the bed and had 3 7 footers on the bench yet we still should have win. I'm very proud of this team. This is the best I've felt going into a season since fox and monk were wearing blue
Dilly reminds me a lot of Monk.

Then why doesn’t he keep his best players on the floor? Why does he play favorites? Cal is tripping but not Meth, he is to fat!

So he has a built in excuse when he fails to coach elite talent to a title?

We probably win the game if not for dillingham costing us dearly on defense and also a few terrible decisions when he came in at the 3:10 mark.

He also played exactly as many minutes as he can handle as he fouled out.

Dj will be fine and so will dilly and Reed. He’s more ready defensively.

Dillingham +15
Wagner -23

Facts.

Hi Cat fan is a good person. You can clearly see he’s a quality guy if you’ve followed his posting history. Probably an excellent family man with wonderful people around him, he just has that “way” about him it seems.

A fierce competitor he is not though, and I’m sure he’d be honest and admit that. Maybe he wouldn’t admit it.

I had fun watching that game too, it’s been so long. But that’s the point, I shouldn’t have to wait, and I should have enjoyed the win too. I don’t have a problem with someone feeling proud over the effort necessarily, but we don’t have time for this nonsense.

Fortunately, we cannot accept moral victories outside of the rare occurrence ( like the 92 unforgettables). We are NOT in that position as the top program in college basketball. Now is not the time for a thread like this, which is outlining even more the ways we’re being damaged.

So, you’re a good guy HICAT, but it’s time even you demanded more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT