ADVERTISEMENT

UK - UT Game Thread

See what? UT was going to be kicking a FG that would've been caught by angels and swifted through the uprights while an immaculate chorus sang.
At least see if something stupid could happen with a bad snap and return it for a TD. I know that isn't likely but faking an injury trying to stop the clock and then them not even having to kick it because these players don't know the rules, is freaking stupid.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
At least see if something stupid could happen with a bad snap and return it for a TD. I know that isn't likely but faking an injury trying to stop the clock and then them not even having to kick it because these players don't know the rules, is freaking stupid.
I couldn't care less to be honest, not towards your statement mind you. Just so tired of Stoops's crap right now.

Reactions: UKat1 and KyCatFan
Exactly Cal should’ve never gotten a lifetime contract ( no coach should ever) and Stoops should’ve never been extended like he was. The AD is LAZY pure and simple.
Agree, that's why I say just throwing money at the problem doesn't fix everything. Yes, Kentucky will pay up as much as any top school if not more but getting the raw end of the deal.

Caliparis results weren't mediocre when he was given the contract. That cal is dead and buried. This old lazy replacement the last 3 seasons is pathetic though, not even mediocre.
Exactly but since he signed that contract in 2019 he’s been nothing but mediocre. He started going down hill after the 2015 fiasco though..

Reactions: UKat1
No, terrible play. Leary was awful. You know very good and well that what I said about NIL is accurate.
Concerning the levels of UGA? Yes. We will never compete at that level more than likely. Ever. I'm at peace with that. We SHOULD be able to compete with UT here and there and DEFINETLY over Mizzou. NIL is an excuse.

Utah just got the brakes beat off of them and they gifted all their scholarship dudes trucks for the year.

NIL is a tool for sure. But if you don't coach what you have.......well...you get UK football right now.

That late injury just made a lot of bettors VERY upset because it allowed the under to hit instead of Tennessee's FG hitting the over.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
And lack of any semblance of a pass rush.....QB's have time to eat a sandwich and smoke a cigarette against our D...or lack thereof. Brad White is wayyyy too conservative and rarely blitzes
Didn’t beat us through the air. Pass rush wouldn’t have changed the outcome. Tackling at first contact would have.

Exactly but since he signed that contract in 2019 he’s been nothing but mediocre. He started going down hill after the 2015 fiasco though..

Eh, was unrealistic to expect that sustained level of success we had from 2010 to 2015. I'd argue 2017 and 2019 were bad luck elite 8 losses and 2011 and 2014 and hell even 2015 were goodnluck close elite 8 wins.

And lack of any semblance of a pass rush.....QB's have time to eat a sandwich and smoke a cigarette against our D...or lack thereof. Brad White is wayyyy too conservative and rarely blitzes
Like giving up 254 on the ground and then trying to blame it on a pass rush just shows you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Didn’t beat us through the air. Pass rush wouldn’t have changed the outcome. Tackling at first contact would have.
Well it sure didn't help, they had a couple TD catches, several key 1st down catches and a pass rush at times enables you to make a play on the runner in the backfield.

Like giving up 254 on the ground and then trying to blame it on a pass rush just shows you have no idea what you’re talking about.
I've also commented that our DL got whipped by their OL, I do know what I'm talking about, did they not have two TD catches??? Did they not have some big 1st catches on 3rd down? Plus a pass rush can actually give an opportunity to catch the rusher in the backfield, also our OL got whipped when it came to run blocking. UT won the game on both lines of scrimmage. If you don't agree with that, then maybe you don't know what your talking about

The way the game is today in the NFL or college you have to have an offensive based head coach. If you look around most defensive coaches are way too conservative. NFL or college

• Haha
Reactions: K86 and Girthang
I've also commented that our DL got whipped by their OL, I do know what I'm talking about, did they not have two TD catches??? Did they not have some big 1st catches on 3rd down? Plus a pass rush can actually give an opportunity to catch the rusher in the backfield, also our OL got whipped when it came to run blocking. UT won the game on both lines of scrimmage. If you don't agree with that, then maybe you don't know what your talking about
One of those TDs was a blown coverage on a three step drop. Sorry but a pass rush wouldn’t have mattered. Most of those big catches were on a three step drop or less and had a broken tackle at first and again a pass rush wouldn’t have mattered. Quite literally the inability to stop the run and ya Kyle lost the game. Not the pass rush or any other reason you can try to come with.

Coaching cost us these last 2 games.

Not using timeouts in key situations in the first half of both games cost us massively. Not using another when they have a man uncovered cost us in this one, as well.

Even after the officiating screwed us on the long incompletion that they called a catch, we still could've held them to a FG. Then we get really fkn stupid going away from what I'd working, Get cute and run a disastrous Wildcat attempt and put us behind the chains and we panic. Instead of going for another 6 yards eacu on the next 2 plays, we go for long, low percentage plays to the short side of the field. Could have been taking a lead with a chip shot FG, but screwed the pooch there as well.

Use the tools we're given, and we win this game.

One of those TDs was a blown coverage on a three step drop. Sorry but a pass rush wouldn’t have mattered. Most of those big catches were on a three step drop or less and had a broken tackle at first and again a pass rush wouldn’t have mattered. Quite literally the inability to stop the run and ya Kyle lost the game. Not the pass rush or any other reason you can try to come with.
You obviously don't have reading comprehension, I also said our DL got whipped by UT OL, just as cat OL got whipped on run blocking

Jack Pilgrim said this on twitter, I've been noticing it for several seasons now but I've been reluctant to say it

You lean on fake injuries and slow substitutions when you don’t have the dudes to compete straight up. Embarrassing defensive effort for Kentucky from start to finish.

---------------

UK has been particularly bad in the past to have an "injury" near the end of the game when the players are gassed

Reactions: JoeBidenSucks
We ran uptempo in this game and it worked well.
That was the point. To spell it out for you, the poster I quoted wrote "On the radio they're saying they just now started looking at what worked for Leary at NC State for game 8" and my jest was poking fun at Stoops for failing to adapt sooner. Leary looked more comfortable running spread sets with a higher tempo. That's exactly how he played at NC State. It occurred to everyone except our coaches that Leary might play better up tempo.

Nonsense. If Leary keeps playing like he did in this game we have a very good shot at 8-4. A decade ago we'd beg for an 8-4 season. Win a decent bowl and finish 9-4.
Specifically....Any chance of a special season is over. Should have worded it better.

That was the point. To spell it out for you, the poster I quoted wrote "On the radio they're saying they just now started looking at what worked for Leary at NC State for game 8" and my jest was poking fun at Stoops for failing to adapt sooner. Leary looked more comfortable running spread sets with a higher tempo. That's exactly how he played at NC State. It occurred to everyone except our coaches that Leary might play better up tempo.

"To spell it out for you," I was agreeing

On the radio they're saying they just now started looking at what worked for Leary at NC State for game 8. How the eff can you be that stupid?

Fkn ridiculous that they didn't both mix that in sooner AND %#*@ing STICK WITH IT when it was working

Reactions: KyCatFan
Total bottom line. Their OL and DL out played ours. We need better players on the lines to beat the better teams most of the time. Walker and Oxendine played well and Hayes didn't do bad. M Cox and the others did pretty well protecting Leary on pass plays but could not run block. Thought Phillips, Bryant and Jackson played well, but where was everyone else? Wade did some good things. And of course Leary and all the receivers played their best game yet.

Just frustrating it being a different issue every week. We need meaner and tougher players, especially on the lines. Hopefully we hit the portal for these types extremely hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT