ADVERTISEMENT

UK just released a statement on Big Z…

That’s correct. Just go to recruiting rankings and see what schools offer each kid. Do your own work, I already did.
So you admit to a double standard. The guys Cal is after is a who's who along with Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. I can't believe you honestly said that when Cal doesn't get them he misses his targets but when other universities don't get them its because they choose not to. Without double standards, you would have no standards. At this point, that tells me all I need to know about you.

LOL, look at our current roster.

And my God man, don't take that so literally. Even our 2010, 12 and 14 teams had some non freshmen on them.
Sorry, I thought I was chatting with an adult.
My mistake. Based on all your other insane posts, I should have known better than to expect you to mean what you actually said.

So you admit to a double standard. The guys Cal is after is a who's who along with Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. I can't believe you honestly said that when Cal doesn't get them he misses his targets but when other universities don't get them its because they choose not to. Without double standards, you would have no standards. At this point, that tells me all I need to know about you.
Jeez, that’s not what I said at all. Wow.

But go ahead and keep this going, it's on you at this point.

My mistake. Based on all your other insane posts, I should have known better than to expect you to mean what you actually said.
Again, I didn't know I was chatting with a child that has zero common sense.

Jeez, that’s not what I said at all. Wow.

But go ahead and keep this going, it's on you at this point.
That is exactly what you said. In fact, in my response I asked you that exact question and you responded with that is correct.

At this point, they just need to say yes or no. It’s not right to jerk this kid around and keep him in limbo.
I get the feeling(I know nothing, somebody will get butthurt aka jimmy) he is gonna end up on another team and it will be somebody Kentucky has to play

I get the feeling(I know nothing, somebody will get butthurt aka jimmy) he is gonna end up on another team and it will be somebody Kentucky has to play
Michigan and Duke are the only names I've heard that have said they will take him right off the bat. Luckily we don't play either (unless it's the tourney.) If they publicly screw this kid over, it better come out he's like a member of ISIS or something.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
We got some and lost some. as always. We didn't get every target any year.

It's ironic that with KU or UNC, your argument was they weren't trying for them. With Cal, it's he wasn't landing them.

Also, several of those years we weren't really trying for many, and ended up better or equal to those we missed on.

However, none of this negates the fact we weren't building teams on OAD, as you incorrectly claimed.
When you are dedicated to a one-and-done system, you can't just be good with missing on most of your primary targets, that’s what you're not understanding.

KU, uNC, Villanova, Baylor, etc… can miss on most of their targets, because they only need one or two guys, UK doesn't have that luxury. When you lose your whole roster, you can't replace them with lower shelf recruits. That’s just a fact.

Cal is the one choosing to roll with this culture, so it's up to Cal to make sure he kills it in recruiting every year.

You're free to stop participating at any point. No one is forcing you into it.
Yeah, but I'm not just going to sit here and let dudes take shots at me after I said I wanted to end the conversation. So deal with it.

When you are dedicated to a one-and-done system, you can't just be good with missing on most of your primary targets, that’s what you're not understanding.

KU, uNC, Villanova, Baylor, etc… can miss on most of their targets, because they only need one or two guys, UK doesn't have that luxury. When you lose your whole roster, you can't replace them with lower shelf recruits. That’s just a fact.

Cal is the one choosing to roll with this culture, so it's up to Cal to make sure he kills it in recruiting every year.
More double standards. Cal hasn't focused on the OAD in years. He hasn't lost his entire roster to OAD since at worst the Monk/Fox year. Even then it was only 3 that he lost.

Michigan and Duke are the only names I've heard that have said they will take him right off the bat. Luckily we don't play either (unless it's the tourney.) If they publicly screw this kid over, it better come out he's like a member of ISIS or something.
If he gets into either one of those schools in like a day with as hard as they are to get into the Kentucky admissions department deserves every bit of criticism they have coming their way

Reactions: bbncal02
This will be my last comment on this, because it's going in circles in a thread that has nothing to do with this conversation:
You (and MANY more) completely hijacked this thread! Again, there are many more people other than just you.

Please keep the anti-Cal or Cal is a super-hero comments all contained in their own separate threads. The anti-Cal crowd hijacks every thread and turns it into something that 90% of fans don't want to read. People read a thread to get info regarding the Post Title. Then, we have to wade through multiple pages of BS to find anything related to the topic.

@Mods, please move all non topic posts somewhere else.

I promise you that the football posters would boot your as^^es out of a post if you hijacked it. Go into the 2024 football recruiting thread and hijack it like you have this one and see what they do to you. (@Rembrandt90 @The-Hack, I understand why people don't like our basketball board, but give these men and women just a taste of etiquette of how to keep posts on topic with the OP. Share with them the gentle hand slap they get for accidentally derailing a thread and the more severe response for absolutely hijacking a thread!)

While, I'm here, is there any update on Z's status? That was the original purpose of this thread!

Last edited:
You (and MANY more) completely hijacked this thread! Again, there are many more people other than just you.

Please keep the anti-Cal or Cal is a super-hero comments all contained in their own posts. The anti-Cal crowd hijacks every thread and turns it into something that 90% of fans don't want to read. People read a thread to get info regarding the Post Title. Then, we have to wade through multiple pages of BS to find anything related to the topic.

Mods - Please move all non topic posts somewhere else.

I promise you that the football posters would boot your as^^es out of a post if you hijacked it. Go into the 2024 football recruiting thread and hijack it like you have this one and see what they do to you.

While, I'm here, is there any update on Z's status? That was the original purpose of this thread!
Only update was MJ said on his show today that people were meeting about him today. That's all anyone knows or is at least saying at this point.

Reactions: bbncal02
If he gets into either one of those schools in like a day with as hard as they are to get into the Kentucky admissions department deserves every bit of criticism they have coming their way
"The acceptance rate at University of Kentucky is 94.5%.
For every 100 applicants, 95 are admitted. This means the school is a nearly open admissions school. They accept nearly all students, so for the most part, you just need to submit an application to get in."

Unless you are a 20 years old Croatian immigrant with the last name of Ivisic.

Dude is projected a first round pick along with Bradshaw, Edwards, and DJ.

UK GET IT DONE.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
More double standards. Cal hasn't focused on the OAD in years. He hasn't lost his entire roster to OAD since at worst the Monk/Fox year. Even then it was only 3 that he lost.
And Cal has massively failed each if the last 3 years. But keep talking.

I'm not the one who was complaining about it. What do I need to deal with?

Who is taking shots at you? Dude! You're on a anonymous message about CBB basketball. Don't take it so seriously. It honestly comes off as very sad and pathetic.
They were continuing to @ me after I tried to end the conversation and being asshats while doing so.

I said "deal with it" to you, because YOU were the one that said something to me about it.

No shit, Sherlock! Why do you think most people want to go back to what he was successful at? Why do you think so many are excited for this year?
Oh, what would you call his 20/21 team?
Don’t make excuses and blame it on covid either. Nobody else went 9-16.

Now you're just trolling.
Nope. Your argument changes every post. You waffle back and forth. Calling a spade a spade. First it’s Cal focuses on OAD and has to turnover hus roster every year. Then when that’s proved wrong it’s well he doesn’t focus on OAD but look at his results the last 3 years. Waffle. Waffle. Waffle.

Nope. Your argument changes every post. You waffle back and forth. Calling a spade a spade. First it’s Cal focuses on OAD and has to turnover hus roster every year. Then when that’s proved wrong it’s well he doesn’t focus on OAD but look at his results the last 3 years. Waffle. Waffle. Waffle.
I said Cal ran one-and-done every year? When did I say that?

I said Cal ran one-and-done every year? When did I say that?
Here you go. Last 2 paragraphs. Talk about losing roster every year and needing to kill it each year in recruiting.

Mods - Please do something about people hijacking threads. This thread is a microcosm of what happens in 90% of threads.

The Cal hate/slurp will not end, but please move all of them to a couple posts instead of them dominating EVERY post!

I refuse to read another post in a thread that turns into one like this one. Unlike others, when I say I’m finished … I am finished.

Peace Out!

Please keep the anti-Cal or Cal is a super-hero comments all contained in their own separate threads. The anti-Cal crowd hijacks every thread and turns it into something that 90% of fans don't want to read. People read a thread to get info regarding the Post Title. Then, we have to wade through multiple pages of BS to find anything related to the topic.

Mods - Please move all non topic posts somewhere else.

I promise you that the football posters would boot your as^^es out of a post if you hijacked it. Go into the 2024 football recruiting thread and hijack it like you have this one and see what they do to you. (@Rembrandt90 @The-Hack, I understand why people don't like our basketball board, but give these men and women just a taste of etiquette of how to keep posts on topic with the OP. Share with them the gentle hand slap they get for accidentally derailing a thread and the more severe response for absolutely hijacking a thread!)

I literally tried to end the bullshit, so post this crap at the schmucks that are keeping it going.

Here's you update on Z: "… ..nothing".

I literally tried to end the bullshit, so post this crap at the schmucks that are keeping it going.

Here's you update on Z: "… ..nothing".
He did because you are just as guilty as the rest of us. Pretty simple concept that if you stop posting so will we.

I asked to end it two pages ago, you kept it going.
You said you were done. We took you at your word which you’ve already said not to. Had you stayed true to your word, this would’ve ended. You came back on your own. That was your choice. Own it.

So reading through the nonsense no additional new info that matters.

I'm glad we will all be dead in a few years or decades so the cal lovers and haters will have something else to bitch and argue about.
I skipped a couple of pages to see if there were any new updates. Thanks for letting me know....same ole same ole.

I can't read through all this sh!t. Is he here or not? You know, the Croatian?
No kidding. We just get some posters going at each other about nothing connected to the original post at all. Happens way too often and is making this site far less enjoyable to come to. I opened this thread again in hopes of hearing something about our big man and all I read is childish fighting between a group of posters.

Last edited:
For those of you tuning in to see if there are any Z eligibility updates… .nothing, please check back later.
Yes, but that was five minutes ago. UK admissions will figure it out, sometime after his eligibility runs out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT