ADVERTISEMENT

UK-Indiana game 6 Lexington regional 6 PM ET ESPN+

The kids have to be worn out after the first game. The heat was miserable. I’m sitting here nodding off every few minutes. Conditions are much improved for game two.

Is Kentucky too poor to grow natural grass and water it or something? The two birds having sexual relations behind home plate need have a little paint slapped on ‘em. Why do we have a field crew anyways!

Is Kentucky too poor to grow natural grass and water it or something? The two birds having sexual relations behind home plate need have a little paint slapped on ‘em. Why do we have a field crew
The artificial turf actually allows UK to play more games without cancellation due to weather.

Will Kentucky pitchers start throwing at Indiana? I’d prefer to continue to get hit and get runners on base but it’s getting ridiculous

Man it’s just not our weekend. You get the feeling it’s just meant to be for those red bums. Off the glove over the wall, smfh.

Jackson Gray is having an awful NCAA tournament. Topping it off with a moment that will stay in the sportscenter not top 10 for a very long time.

Is Kentucky too poor to grow natural grass and water it or something? The two birds having sexual relations behind home plate need have a little paint slapped on ‘em. Why do we have a field crew anyways!
It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with climate. Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Indiana all have artificial turf fields because in the early part of the season, it is too cold to grow grass.

^ I'd argue that rather than being too cold to grow grass, it's too cold to dry out dirt & grass fields quickly to allow playing under adverse conditions. JMO.
Yep, there are multiple cool season grass species that thrive here in the spring. It's absolutely a maintenance issue as you suggest.

Jackson Gray is having an awful NCAA tournament. Topping it off with a moment that will stay in the sportscenter not top 10 for a very long time.
He has had a miserable weekend, but started to turn it around last night. I think he has been on of our two best players all year so hoping for the best tonight (and beyond).

Reactions: permdaddy
Did we throw our batting practice pitcher for our biggest game of the season?
Yes we have! 50 pitches only 2nd inning. Better come up with something quick. 3 straight innings opening batter in scoring position! NM get your head out of your butt!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT