ADVERTISEMENT

UK has to end the Calipari era at UK...NOW!

Blueworld_3.0

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2008
UK has to bite the bullet and negotiate a buyout over a 5 year period (or longer). That may come to something like $6.5 million per year. Having to do that means we could only afford to pay a new coach about $6 million-$7 million per year. I think we could get Scott Drew for that but, not Hurley or anyone else. These are the financials of the situation and ultimately what will determine how Barnhart proceeds.

Cal has to go. We cannot go into another season with him as HC. His time here is over and we must do whatever we have to do to get rid of him.

Scott Drew is like the 17th highest paid coach. I don't think they would have to pay him near as much as Cal to take this job.

Why do people want Drew. Have you ever watched him coach. He is a Cal clone. Won a championship during Covid. We can do better with someone that generates excitement and moves the needle.

I would take anyone at this point, just for a change. Even if it was just temporary.
I was never on board for Gillespie when he was hired because he was a panic hire by Mitch, but these last few Cal years have felt like the BCG years.
I'd be interested just to see how another coach would have players disciplined and prepared for games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT