ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans need to chill

I’m just tired of the same mistakes constantly costing Kentucky games, and him not doing anything about it, the people who criticize cal off the court are out of line he goes above and beyond when the state needs help, and does the same for his players off the court. Gonzaga to me will be a good measuring point, if he continues to use some of these terrible lineups, and late in games has them standing around the perimeter doing nothing it will be justified people being upset. 11-19 against the last 30 power 5 non conference games is bad
That 11-19 has been proven false

Agreed. That 11-19 has to change. If it doesn't change, a change will be made. There is no excuse. I also agree Gonzaga will be a good measuring stick. I think we match up well with Gonzaga and it should be a win. I don't like it that they got embarrassed by Texas, though. They'll be out for redemption and they'll be basically playing a home game. UK will be looking for redemption too, though. I expect it to be a tough game but a UK win. I think the Cats are just better.

Then again, I think the Cats are better than Mich St. We just didn't know Larry Bird was playing for them in that game.
If Hauser shoots like that all season, which he won’t at that high of percentage, he will
Be named on the All America teams. I agree, in the UK game he morphed into Larry Bird for one evening, lol.

Not really. I’ve been blessed throughout my life. My wife and I have been happily married for going on 35 years. I have a wonderful, successful daughter and son-in-law and 3 fantastic young grandchildren. I had a great rewarding and interesting career as a Special Agent and have been retired for four years. While I’m certainly not rich, I’m financially secure and have lead a pretty nice life. I’m a Christian and know I have much to look forward to even though my time on this earth is growing short. In short, I can’t complain about anything other than losing relatives and friends along this life journey, though I will see them again. I have still had ups and downs following the Cats and have often put way too much emphasis on the games. As UK fans we get very emotionally tied to the teams and their success. What I’m saying is I don’t think fans that are, well fanatical, have broken or bad lives. They’re just very invested.
You’re 100% correct for some of the obsessive anger here, but only a small percentage.

There’s things to get angry about like our country going into the toilet, but not kids playing a game. No way.

Last edited:
Just watch and enjoy the games. It is just a game even though it is very important to us UK fans. We are lucky to have Coach Cal who definitely appreciates being the coach at UK which is proven by how active he is in the state away from the game itself. I am an old guy and a fan since 1955 who still agonizes over every loss but I don't hate on the coach and players.
I agree, kicked a hole in the door after the football game and almost made it bigger with the Michigan state game. Then told my wife I am calming down, it is out of my control why get so upset. Enjoy the wins and shrug the losses.
I wish Cal would change on some things but I care not if he leaves or stays, I may complain some but overall am happy with what Cal has done.

You’re 100% correct for some of the obsessive anger here, but only a small percentage.
How do you know that? I think it’s accurate for a great majority of it. I think it’s ridiculous to think people post negatively on a message board because they have terrible lives. Regardless, it’s something that can’t be proven one way or another.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
How do you know that? I think it’s accurate for a great majority of it. I think it’s ridiculous to think people post negatively on a message board because they have terrible lives. Regardless, it’s something that can’t be proven one way or another.
Can’t be proven but if a person spend s an inordinate amount of time on a message board bashing players or coaches, as MAnY here do, they can lie all they want about living a great life - they aren’t. Period. Happy people dont do that foolishness. They have too much to be happy.about to spend so much time bellyaching. That’s just common sense. Best of luck.

Reactions: kelzer
Can’t be proven but if a person spend s an inordinate amount of time on a message board bashing players or coaches, as MAnY here do, they can lie all they want about living a great life - they aren’t. Period. Happy people dont do that foolishness. They have too much to be happy.about to spend so much time bellyaching. That’s just common sense. Best of luck.
The same can be said about the people who try to gatekeep fans on here and tell them when and how they can criticize caliapari, it’s the same. Just because we criticize cal about the way he runs the program doesn’t mean we are miserable, at the end of the day college sports is silly, but Kentucky fans caring the way we do is what makes us one of the better fanbases.

Last edited:
The same can be said about the people who try to gatekeep fans on here and tell them when and how they can criticize caliapari, it’s the same. Just because we criticize cal about the way he runs the program doesn’t mean we are miserable, at the end of the day college sports is silly, but Kentucky fans caring the way we do is what makes us one of the better fanbases.

Agree. If you spend hours and hours a day on here, bashing anyone, which many do (other than dirtbag politicians)......you are one F'd up individual. Enjoy your weekend.

Agree. If you spend hours and hours a day on here, bashing anyone, which many do (other than dirtbag politicians)......you are one F'd up individual. Enjoy your weekend.
Yeah you to, enjoy the other things like family and friends, Saturday and Sunday aren’t going to be fun Kentucky sports experiences, and I agree there is a lot of hypocrisy on this board from both sides

There’s things to get angry about like our country going into the toilet, but not kids playing a game. No way.
With the way you complain about the country, have you thought of moving some place where you'd be happier? Otherwise I agree except that these are a little more than "kids playing a game." It's not intramurals; IT'S DIVISION ONE BASKETBALL

Several posters that are not pro cal. Actually counted. Someone else posted the 11-19 crap and ksr ran with it. if you g to 2016 its 21-23 I think the last 30 or so hes were 14-16. Still bad
Well whoever made it up it is bad, but 14-16 ain’t much better and is far below what Kentucky should be

Last edited:
Reactions: KYFOSSIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT