ADVERTISEMENT

UK at LSU - Game 3

I’m curious how the Florida series will go. The two teams hate each other and last time they were in Lexington I thought a fight was going to break out a few times. Most tense series I can remember.
Good call out. This series has been pretty intense since O’Sullivan arrived. He has no respect for UK. There was quite an incident years ago with Z Reks in the batters box and KOS yelling at him to tuck his shirt in more. To prevent HBP. It wasn’t a friendly reminder either.

Look I love UK and specifically UK baseball. I have, and have had a vested interest for years. But respectfully I stand by the statement regarding this years team is soft. We are getting that rep also. Just look at the dominant weekend highlights. We own two of the three, Skenes absolutely trashing us verbally and physically. Then Jones absolutely verbally obliterating Strickland. I am aware the quick pitch attempt apparently fired him up. The third was the UF pitcher ejection. Those dominanted many weekend CBB headlines.

Reactions: dtjr
Good call out. This series has been pretty intense since O’Sullivan arrived. He has no respect for UK. There was quite an incident years ago with Z Reks in the batters box and KOS yelling at him to tuck his shirt in more. To prevent HBP. It wasn’t a friendly reminder either.

Look I love UK and specifically UK baseball. I have, and have had a vested interest for years. But respectfully I stand by the statement regarding this years team is soft. We are getting that rep also. Just look at the dominant weekend highlights. We own two of the three, Skenes absolutely trashing us verbally and physically. Then Jones absolutely verbally obliterating Strickland. I am aware the quick pitch attempt apparently fired him up. The third was the UF pitcher ejection. Those dominanted many weekend CBB headlines.
This team is anything but soft. One of the tougher teams mentally and physically UK has had in several years.

Got it, thanks!

This works for all SEC games and any home games. So, if we play Louisville again on the road, it wouldn't be streaming on the SEC+ Network. You can, if interested, also keep that in mind for the early games next year.

Reactions: mrschwump
SECN had a discussion Sun night about taunting/suspensions. Seems UF had a player get a 4 game suspension after taunting a UGA player. That's a pretty hefty penalty. Also indicated SEC is cracking down on this stuff although I haven't seen it.
It is 4 games because he is a pitcher I am pretty sure. A 1 game suspension for a starting pitcher is meaningless because he can still make his next start through the rotation, so in my experience a suspension is longer for a pitcher, whether reliever or starter, than a position player.

It is 4 games because he is a pitcher I am pretty sure. A 1 game suspension for a starting pitcher is meaningless because he can still make his next start through the rotation, so in my experience a suspension is longer for a pitcher, whether reliever or starter, than a position player.
The guy fron LSU should have been kicked out of the game.

Reactions: law1127

What do you want Strickland to do there? Throw at the next guy and get ejected? Yell back at him and get ejected. I was at the game and was actually pretty happy that it seemed like we were going to shut them up by just winning. I don't think you can call a team soft because some idiot thinks it's cool to yell obscenities at them and they decide to not be an idiot and retaliate. I'm truly curious what you would think the response should be in order to not be considered "soft".

What do you want Strickland to do there? Throw at the next guy and get ejected? Yell back at him and get ejected. I was at the game and was actually pretty happy that it seemed like we were going to shut them up by just winning. I don't think you can call a team soft because some idiot thinks it's cool to yell obscenities at them and they decide to not be an idiot and retaliate. I'm truly curious what you would think the response should be in order to not be considered "soft".
I assume your questions are rhetorical, and not just as absurd as they sound. But I will bite. Of course I’m not suggesting that Strickland retaliate. First thing I want Strickland to do is NOT quick pitch. That will fire up a team quickly, is unnecessary, and usually benefits the hitter. As it did in this case.

I’m calling them soft for a couple reasons. First, you always want to respond with your play, but baseball is a fickle game and just playing harder and faster doesn’t always produce on the scoreboard as it does in most sports. Secondly and most importantly imho is body language. We definitely were different after that. Slumped shoulders, unsure swings, just no swagger. And LSU smelled blood in the water. I will also add that we started the chirping from the dugout in game one and three. And we didn’t respond that’s very soft.

Look I understand me calling your team (and mine) soft frustrated you. But this is a discussion board to discuss UK baseball. Let’s not turn this board into Rupps Rafters lite. The UK baseball fan base is very small and we all want the guys to shut them up by winning.

I assume your questions are rhetorical, and not just as absurd as they sound. But I will bite. Of course I’m not suggesting that Strickland retaliate. First thing I want Strickland to do is NOT quick pitch. That will fire up a team quickly, is unnecessary, and usually benefits the hitter. As it did in this case.

I’m calling them soft for a couple reasons. First, you always want to respond with your play, but baseball is a fickle game and just playing harder and faster doesn’t always produce on the scoreboard as it does in most sports. Secondly and most importantly imho is body language. We definitely were different after that. Slumped shoulders, unsure swings, just no swagger. And LSU smelled blood in the water. I will also add that we started the chirping from the dugout in game one and three. And we didn’t respond that’s very soft.

Look I understand me calling your team (and mine) soft frustrated you. But this is a discussion board to discuss UK baseball. Let’s not turn this board into Rupps Rafters lite. The UK baseball fan base is very small and we all want the guys to shut them up by winning.
I dont know, I guess I just don't agree... I was at the game and didn't see slumped shoulders... I saw guys standing up, fired up and yelling from the dugout, and pumping each other up coming off the field. I actually had a conversation with another UK fan that was there after that Saturday game about the difference between this year's team and last year's. We both felt like last years team (until really late in the year) would fold at the first sign of pressure or adversity. This year it seems like every time we get knocked down we get back up and keep swinging. I always feel like there's a shot that we are going to come back and win and it has usually happened when theres a chance. Saturday night at LSU was really the first time I really felt like we were going to win in the end and we didn't. But still we battled back and forth with them all game and never folded up. Even Thursday, as bad as that game was, if you take away the first 3 innings, we won the last 6 innings. That to me isn't a team that's soft, it's a team that's thinking it ain't over til it's over. I feel like last years team, if put in that same situation would have wound up striking out 2 of 3 outs per inning for the last 6 and just trying to get the heck out of there on Thursday.

Dunno, I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one. Either way, it's all good cause we are winning!

Reactions: Basil Cat
I dont know, I guess I just don't agree... I was at the game and didn't see slumped shoulders... I saw guys standing up, fired up and yelling from the dugout, and pumping each other up coming off the field. I actually had a conversation with another UK fan that was there after that Saturday game about the difference between this year's team and last year's. We both felt like last years team (until really late in the year) would fold at the first sign of pressure or adversity. This year it seems like every time we get knocked down we get back up and keep swinging. I always feel like there's a shot that we are going to come back and win and it has usually happened when theres a chance. Saturday night at LSU was really the first time I really felt like we were going to win in the end and we didn't. But still we battled back and forth with them all game and never folded up. Even Thursday, as bad as that game was, if you take away the first 3 innings, we won the last 6 innings. That to me isn't a team that's soft, it's a team that's thinking it ain't over til it's over. I feel like last years team, if put in that same situation would have wound up striking out 2 of 3 outs per inning for the last 6 and just trying to get the heck out of there on Thursday.

Dunno, I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one. Either way, it's all good cause we are winning!
Appreciate and much respect to your reply. Here’s to winning !!! GBB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT