ADVERTISEMENT

Message for spineless Mitch!!

tomrain

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 18, 2004
Copied from Dynasty Defenders. I couldn't have said it better myself "
all indications it appears you are on the verge of taking the easy way out and allowing the saboteur to stay on and continue on with his systematic destruction of the UK basketball program…with “changes” of course. A couple of new assistants and a promise by the huckster to “do better.” All to appease your woke masters so they don’t have to be outed by the carnage that will inevitably ensue almost immediately after you make your decision known. As you are well aware, the program is at a place it has never been before and imminently faces near certain oblivion. Even the Pitino probation years with the Unforgettables produced unqualified joy for the fan base with their will to win against all odds attitude.

Even though I personally believe your woke masters wouldn’t trust you and your feeble intellect to make such an important final decision as this, you will get the credit and/or blame for whatever is the final result. Just understand something Mitch. If Calipari returns after the abject debacle of the past two years, you will unleash the greatest revolt this program has ever seen. Thousands of generational Kentucky fans will disown any allegiance to this program and overnight it will become the most despised team in America. If that occurs they will never return to the fold. As for you, your reputation will be that of one of the most despicable people who ever stepped foot in the state of Kentucky…a reputation that will remain long after your gone and for decades to come. You will forever be known as the man who allowed our historic program to be dismantled by an unscrupulous con man whose contempt for the program knows no bounds. A contempt acknowledged yesterday by his own admission that he hasn’t put the program first. Rather his emphasis has been on the Marxist BLM agenda which he finds particularly rewarding.

Even if your hands are tied by your controllers, an honorable person would resign in lieu of carrying out such an insidious assignment. You’ve made millions of dollars over the years as UK’s AD but I guess it’s not enough. After another year of obliteration even you most likely will have to resign. When that occurs you better make plans to leave the state. People will never forgive your treachery and will make your live miserable.

Your not from the great state of Kentucky and your twenty years here apparently haven’t given you any insight into what kind of people inhabit the Commonwealth. They are, by and large, decent, hardworking rural folks, many of whom grew up in poverty, but one thing that kept them going through the decades was their pride in University of Kentucky basketball. It was for many folks one of the few things in their life they could feel good about as they gathered around the radio and later the TV to watch their beloved wildcats take the floor. I know you don’t comprehend it Mitch, but UK basketball is a family thing in Kentucky. Perhaps one of the few things that brings them together and brought them unfettered joy in perhaps difficult times. These are all aspects of life in Kentucky that the saboteur is contemptuous of. Something quite laughable given his own Appalachian roots. Self loathing I think they call it.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. With one last thought I urge you to do THE RIGHT THING and fire this scam artist and restore the hope and joy to the multitude of UK fans around the world. If you can’t do that at least have the decency to resign. Maybe that way you could at least look at yourself in the mirror. The choice is yours

• Love
Reactions: deep3
Someone get this message to Mitch Barnhart immediately. This is very import. Does he have a twitter or email. Wait, too many characters for twitter. Email him and let him know the choice is yours according toBlack sheep and tomrain, he doesn’t have to listen to the deep state.

Mitch is indeed spineless. He had the chance to finally get out from under his biggest ever screw up (the 2019 “lifetime” contract extension). A chance to reclaim the program for the people of Kentucky, instead of having it treated as if it’s Calipari’s personal possession. The chance to give this program the fresh start with a new voice it’s been desperately needing for years.

But, nope, because that seemed unduly bold and would’ve garnered scrutiny. Better to just do the safe easy spineless thing.

Reactions: tomrain
Someone get this message to Mitch Barnhart immediately. This is very import. Does he have a twitter or email. Wait, too many characters for twitter. Email him and let him know the choice is yours according toBlack sheep and tomrain, he doesn’t have to listen to the deep state.
I am assuming this is your pathetic attempt at humor? I'm really surprised you stopped swinging from Cal's sac long enough to read it.

Reactions: deep3
I am assuming this is your pathetic attempt at humor? I'm really surprised you stopped swinging from Cal's sac long enough to read it.
I’ve never swung from Cal’s or anyone else’s sack. I’m just not a weirdo unhinged lunatic making a fool of myself. Good luck getting your message to Barnhart, make sure to tell him you’re tomrain from the message board. That should help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT