ADVERTISEMENT

Tubman Going to Texas Jr. College

DSmith21

All-SEC
Mar 27, 2012
Going to Trinity Valley CC. Wants to come back to play for a SEC school. Would love if it could be UK. According to 247 article.

Last edited:
Saw that. Any indication that he would be able to come back after the year? The board originally suspended him for 5 years but it got reduced to 1. Is that correct or am I mistaken?

Hope this doesn't stand in his way.

SEC presidents and chancellors adopted a proposal by Georgia that would prevent conference schools from accepting transfer students with histories of domestic violence or sexual assault.

As adopted, the proposal states that "a transfer student-athlete who has been subject to official university of athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution (excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team or temporary disciplinary action during an investigation) due to serious misconduct (as defined herein) shall not be eligible for athletically-related financial aid, practice or competition at an SEC member institution."

Coach Stoops told in confidence that Lloyd is welcome back at UK..I personally think Lloyd wants to return to UK after a stint at Trinity Valley..He's a good young man that was set up..God Bless him as he rebuilds his life..

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Don't see how the new rule would apply to tubman. He was suspended pending investigation and was cleared in the investigation. Only reason he has to wait is pc bs.

Is that your comment, or his?

Here is part of the article where he talks about could he come back to Kentucky.

"I would love to be with coach Stoops and coach Eliot because coach Brumbaugh is a hell of a coach," he said. "Just me being there from the summer to October, I learned a lot. Those guys don't just talk football every single time. They teach you how to be a man and other things as well. I don't have a problem with those guys. If everything was cleared out in the open, then I would love to be there.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
"I would love to be with coach Stoops and coach Eliot because coach Brumbaugh is a hell of a coach," he said. "Just me being there from the summer to October, I learned a lot. Those guys don't just talk football every single time. They teach you how to be a man and other things as well. I don't have a problem with those guys. If everything was cleared out in the open, then I would love to be there.[thumb2]

How so? This decision was based upon the affirmative consent policy that UT and UTC had implemented. UK has no such policy. Also pertinent to this case were the facts that he was originally cleared of the charges.
Because the judge ruled that the school put the burden of proof on the accused to prove they were innocent. That seems to be the crux of the matter. Tubman should not have to prove he was innocent just as the judge ruled in the UT-C case.

How so? This decision was based upon the affirmative consent policy that UT and UTC had implemented. UK has no such policy. Also pertinent to this case were the facts that he was originally cleared of the charges.
"A judge overturned the expulsion of Corey Mock—a University of Tennessee at Chattanooga student and star wrestler—after determining that UT’s administration had improperly required Mock to prove that he was innocent of sexually assaulting another student." (Emphasis mine)

Reactions: catben and DACats86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT