ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 favorite country artists of all time?

I think she is a lot more country than a lot of others on the radio. That is the only reason I tolerate her. She isn't perfect, but most of her songs are at least pretty decent. Still, it just seemed like that video had over the top country twang to it that I just hadn't noticed before it something.

I can't believe people listen to modern "country" radio.

I know, the metal head shouldn't comment on others' musical tastes, but my wife listens to country radio and seemingly every single one of these new artists are carbon copies that Nashville craps out. It's almost like they think their audience is too dumb to notice ...

As shown below, the formula apparently works because all of these songs were hits and they're the GD same:

Reactions: liveblue92
The downfall of country music was when CMT was bought out by MTV. Heck I heard Steven Tyler on a country station today with a song from his new "country" album. Country music seems to be the place for Rock N Roll artist since there really isn't Rock Music anymore. I mean when Maroon 5 is considered a rock band then rock music is dead. Fla/Ga line is more rock than Maroon 5.

^
I can't believe people listen to modern "country" radio.

I know, the metal head shouldn't comment on others' musical tastes, but my wife listens to country radio and seemingly every single one of these new artists are carbon copies that Nashville craps out. It's almost like they think their audience is too dumb to notice ...

As shown below, the formula apparently works because all of these songs were hits and they're the GD same:

Dear lord that is terrible.

56418697.jpg

There is still some great country music to be heard, you just have to get thru the garbage to get to it. Hell, even some of the Southern Pop guys churn out a good song EVERY once in a while. I think some of the guys have some of the old school stuff in them, it is just the record labels restrict what can / can't go on a album. It is like they say "ok, you have recorded the 10 we want, now do you and release 2/3 songs you want." That is usually when you see a good song by Dierks Bentley or someone of the like.

Reactions: liveblue92
I went and saw Tracy Lawrence Saturday night in Renfro Valley and he was great. I thought of this thread as I listened to him because he isn't a fan of new country either. He mentioned several times that he didn't like the new country and said they would only be doing old country music.

By the way if anyone is a fan of the group Blackhawk they are together again and will be in Lebanon KY on June 20th. Dwight Yoakam will be in Somerset at the Master Musicians Festival on July 11th.

as for the mashup in this thread...that can be done with tons of songs if you change the beats per minute on them and the vocal keys...would've been a lot more impressive if he didn't have to chipmunk their voices etc...

Male Singers
1. Hank, Sr.
2. Johnny Cash
3. George Jones

Female Singers
1. Loretta Lynn
2. Patsy Cline
3. Tammy Wynette

I know the world has passed me by when I do not recognize several names mentioned above. I do not listen to "modern country music" so forgive me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT