ADVERTISEMENT

This Program has become an embarrassment

Are some of you true Kentucky fans because when they are winning and scoring 90+ points they are the beset team and headed to Final Four. Yes, we all know they need work on the defensive side of the ball. WE have talked about it all year! Yes, Cal should mix it up with some Zone defense then Man to Man but he doesnt. I also don't understand with the Depth of this team play full court press and play physical all 40 minutes. We have 9 players and 3 seven footers that we can rotate in and out to play more Full Court press. We can come on here and discuss the issues and some of these things that can make this Kentucky team better. DO we have to come on here and SLAM UK Sports, Cal, and Players after a loss. South Carolina seems to be a place for UK that they don't play good ball. We continue to go back to the UNCW game when Wagner was out with an Injury. WE lost to Kansas and A&M in close good games. Yes, this was a bad game but we don't have to come on here and act like this was the last game of the season. We need to come out and Saturday in Arkansas and bounce back and play the offense we are capable of and play better defense. I don't see how fans can come on here after this 1 game and say Cal has ruined this team. There are changes that can be made on defense, also lineup changes, why not try and full court press but do we have to come on in here and just bash the team, coaches, and players!
It is absolutely mind-numbing how some of you all come on here and act as if losses to UNCW and South Carolina just happen at a school like Kentucky and people should just roll with it. Do you want to give them a participation trophy for a close game with Kansas & Texas A&M? This is Kentucky Basketball, not tiddly winks. It is amazing how you Cal Boys that call yourselves fans will just accept anything and put this team on a pedestal as if they are above criticism. Calipari is not going to run a full court press and zone defense for a full 40 minutes. What world are you living in?

We are 1 week from February and this team is just as awful on defense as they were at the start of the season defensively and you can see what one cold night shooting the ball can do to you once Tournament time rolls around. Should not ever be getting punked on the road to schools like South Carolina and had more than enough talent to beat a UNCW team at Rupp. Not sure how much pity you can expect to get from the selection committee for Kentucky when you look at the talent differential between the schools. Probably blamed the Evansville loss in 2019 to not having EJ Montgomery too. It is unreal at the state of this program where fans are to the point they are justifying losses to Mid-Majors. North Carolina is the only big time win Kentucky has, Florida the only other Quad 1 win and it is time to start building that resume and stop letting these winnable games slide.

Last edited:
Happens every year with Cal. If it wasn’t for a generational talent like AD, Cal would have 0 championships. Guys got 9 NBA players on this roster and loses to a team with none. Coaches need to know when it’s their time and step down. The game has passed Calipari by. Is he too stubborn to figure that out??
He will be remembered for having squandered the riches of talent that's come through this program during his tenure. He's accomplished less with so much more than any other coach in the history of the game when you consider talent, national platform, money and a wealth of resources without rival, including the best fanbase in the country. How could he be such a colossal failure considering the wealth of riches at his disposal? How? He's a monumental coaching disaster masquerading as a HOF coach. When has he ever out-coached his opponent in a game? Never, that I can recall. His greatest weakness is his inability to coach which is what this team needs the most.

This team isn't winning shit. The main reason is it cannot defend a fence post. TAMU puts up 97 on us and than Georgia goes for 96. Now a 17 point beatdown in Columbia. Arkansas sucks but, honestly I fully expect them to win on Saturday.
Those of you who still believe in Calipari in 2024 are idiots. He's got a LOT of people fooled.

3 hours ago, we were a final four team.
Not to anyone sane. Even in our wins we've looked like a second tier squad. Like 3 or 4 seed quality. Tonight looked like an 8-9 seed and we need to get our heads on straight or we'll end up a lot closer to that than ever would've seemed reasonable before.

Bipolar team. Bipolar fanbase.

Awful loss. Still, SEC road game with young team. Pretty sure 2011 Kentucky lost almost every SEC road game.

Still, some warning flags going up. All I’ve got

It ain’t the loss. It’s getting absolutely dirt rolled. It’s increasingly clear - not just as this season progresses, but as Cal’s tenure progresses - that the man has little clue how to effectively utilize the embarrassment of riches at his disposal year in and year out.

Then just give up take up knitting until Cal leave then jump back on
My grandmother is the 5 star knitter in the family I can’t compete with her in that game. I like Kentucky to much not to watch, I want more than anything for them to prove me wrong. And if they do like every other time I will own up and get the heat I deserve

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
It is absolutely mind-numbing how some of you all come on here and act as if losses to UNCW and South Carolina just happen at a school like Kentucky and people should just roll with it. Do you want to give them a participation trophy for a close game with Kansas & Texas A&M? This is Kentucky Basketball, not tiddly winks. It is amazing how you Cal Boys that call yourselves fans will just accept anything and put this team on a pedestal as if they are above criticism. Calipari is not going to run a full court press and zone defense for a full 40 minutes. What world are you living in?

We are 1 week from February and this team is just as awful on defense as they were at the start of the season defensively and you can see what one cold night shooting the ball can do to you once Tournament time rolls around. Should not ever be getting punked on the road to schools like South Carolina and had more than enough talent to beat a UNCW team at Rupp. Not sure how much pity you can expect to get from the selection committee for Kentucky when you look at the talent differential between the schools. Probably blamed the Evansville loss in 2019 to not having EJ Montgomery too. It is unreal at the state of this program where fans are to the point they are justifying losses to Mid-Majors. North Carolina is the only big time win Kentucky has, Florida the only other Quad 1 win and it is time to start building that resume and stop letting these winnable games slide.
You realize Kansas just lost a road game to UCF? Duke just lost at home to Pitt. It was a poor showing, no doubt. But if this team wins the next three games (where they will probably be favored in each one), we'll be 17-4 and just fine. Not saying that's a definite, but the season is far from over. We have plenty of chances to add to the resume. You can still have fun watching this year's team if you want! Or not. And for the record, a cold night shooting in the tournament typically means an exit for any team! Not just Kentucky.

We're ranked in the top 10.

Life's hard guy...if all it takes is a single game for you to jump off a bridge, consider counseling.

You ever asked yourself...hey, why don't they jist look at what teams look like on paper or just play the tournament then call it a day...think real hard, there's a reason an entire season is played

... with the riches we possess, it is simply effing embarrassing. Sam Bowie is absolutely correct in what he said the other night in Rupp ... "If UK doesn't win the Title this year, then blame Cal". I'm sorry but Calipari is incompetent and delusional, IMO. Someone said earlier that UK will never win another NC with Calipari running the show and I think he's correct. Whatever this clown says going forward should simply be ignored. Hall of Shame coach is the more appropriate title.
Good thing the season is over already, so you could make this stupid ass thread

Reactions: Graham51
You realize Kansas just lost a road game to UCF? Duke just lost at home to Pitt. It was a poor showing, no doubt. But if this team wins the next three games (where they will probably be favored in each one), we'll be 17-4 and just fine. Not saying that's a definite, but the season is far from over. We have plenty of chances to add to the resume. You can still have fun watching this year's team if you want! Or not. And for the record, a cold night shooting in the tournament typically means an exit for any team! Not just Kentucky.
No shit Captain Obvious but I don't give a damn about any other team in the Tournament, only Kentucky so this is a really irrelevant statement.

I don't give a shit what other schools do. Stop using other schools failures as a reason to justify losing here. This bullshit logic has to stop! This is Kentucky Basketball. None of those Kansas or Duke losses you mentioned were an embarrassing blowout such as the loss Kentucky just took on the road to South Carolina. They also weren't as pathetic as a loss like dropping a game at Rupp to UNCW. Hope you had a lot on 'fun' Tuesday night. I'm not going to lower my standards of the Kentucky Basketball program for anyone who wants to accept the mediocrity that we're getting these past few years.

Last edited:
... with the riches we possess, it is simply effing embarrassing. Sam Bowie is absolutely correct in what he said the other night in Rupp ... "If UK doesn't win the Title this year, then blame Cal". I'm sorry but Calipari is incompetent and delusional, IMO. Someone said earlier that UK will never win another NC with Calipari running the show and I think he's correct. Whatever this clown says going forward should simply be ignored. Hall of Shame coach is the more appropriate title.
I've said that for a decade.

100% agree if Cal cannot go to FF or win a title with this team he will not at UK again.

With that statement said, I truly think some are delusional regarding our program holistically.

Yes, our tradition is the greatest. But this stuff about not accepting, etc is really kind of nonsense.

I've been a UK fan for 30 years. In those 30 years we've been really good, National Title contenders maybe half the time... probably more like 1/3 of the time. I'm not talking runs in tourney...I'm talking we knew our sh*t didn't stink kind of good.

We've won 4 titles in the past 65 years.

Just going back to when I was born in 1980...43 seasons ago all of these teams have as many or more titles than us.

Villanova
Kansas
UConn
Duke
UNC

Our tradition is old money tradition. We are 100% relevant but I'm just saying...we haven't been lighting the world on fire since the 1950's. Runs by Pitino and Cal were here and gone quickly. Our program has a history of major gaps between titles....

100% agree if Cal cannot go to FF or win a title with this team he will not at UK again.

With that statement said, I truly think some are delusional regarding our program holistically.

Yes, our tradition is the greatest. But this stuff about not accepting, etc is really kind of nonsense.

I've been a UK fan for 30 years. In those 30 years we've been really good, National Title contenders maybe half the time... probably more like 1/3 of the time. I'm not talking runs in tourney...I'm talking we knew our sh*t didn't stink kind of good.

We've won 4 titles in the past 65 years.

Just going back to when I was born in 1980...43 seasons ago all of these teams have as many or more titles than us.

Villanova
Kansas
UConn
Duke
UNC

Our tradition is old money tradition. We are 100% relevant but I'm just saying...we haven't been lighting the world on fire since the 1950's. Runs by Pitino and Cal were here and gone quickly. Our program has a history of major gaps between titles....
Old money? It’s called consistency. UK bb is a program of consistency. At least was before Barney. Cal has washed all that away. It isn’t “old money tradition” it’s called beng a blue blood and continuing to live to the standard. That’s what being a blue blood is about. Success consistently. Down years? Sure. But at UK we should never miss the tournament much less a losing season. Cal has run that into the ground. When USCjr beat us last year that was almost the end of him. We need to get back to the billing of the blue blood to build on our tradition. UNC has been the closest

Even Calipari has admitted in his own words on his radio show that he would agree, "probably should have won 2 or 3" National Championships here.

Since Kentucky's run in the 90s, schools like UConn have been to 6 Final 4's and won 5 National Titles to Kentucky's 1 Title and 4 Final Fours. Villanova 2 National Championships and 4 Final Fours. UNC 3 Titles, 7 Final 4's. Florida 2 Titles, 4 Final 4's, Kansas 2 Titles, 5 Final Fours since one was vacated, Duke 3 Titles, 6 Final 4's.

Final 4's are great but we're hungry for a National Championship. All things considered with the level of talent that has come through this program, it is absolutely fair to expect more. Kentucky is embarking on one of the longest Championship droughts in program history. I'm sure there are others that are like me that had Kentucky maybe won 2 National Titles, the level of discontent here would not be as high as it is now and another title for do a lot of good for BBN after some of the lowest moments in school history that we have endured in recent years.

There may be low points in any coaching tenure but historic lows and droughts don't need to be excused. Build on our tradition and don't rely on the past or the name on the front of the jersey to win you ball games. Not how that works. Strive to be better than everyone else which is how Kentucky became the all-time winningest program to begin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Kansas just won a title

previous years were an embarrassment, this year is not

however, this year was supposed to be the year Cal validates his coaching philosophy.

All he has done has validated he can't win without Anthony Davis.

If this years team fails to make the final four (minimum) then there is no path forward regardless of recruiting where Cal can be seen as the guy that can get it done.

The sooner people realize that we don't hang banners for the #1 recruiting class or most revenue in the NBA (as much as Cal would LOVE for UK to do that), the sooner people realize that other schools have more success without the baggage.

Last edited:
Think about it for a minute, Cal is incredibly lucky to have this team.

Sheppard was a gift, Wagner was from Cal cultivating relationships early on, Big Z locks in after 1 phone call - admittedly Cal earned that with his reputation, but the point is, the stars aligned for this team to come together with this talent. They are leading the nation in scoring ....easily. UK has the depth, UK has the talent -

and UK still can't crack the top 5 all season, still managed to have an embarrassing loss (2 depending on how you look at USC) and hasn't shown any tangible improvement on defense - something that EVERYONE knew had to be done going back as far as mid December.

Its inexplicable that a HOF coach (never get tired of saying that) can't get a team to improve defense by Jan 26.

And he refuses to adapt to overcome it - he won't play zone. It appears that he is going to squander yet another opportunity , another season

At what point do you just throw your hands up and decide no matter how good this car is, we're not going to win any races? Many fans have, but many also fall back into the old habits - a good team , a good game, and all is forgiven for past seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Georgia game, we seem to have one like that every year - it was Kansas last year right? where everything clicks and we see the potential of the team, but somehow we end up with double digit losses, we don't win the SEC regular season or the SEC tournament and we get bounced in March by a team that has no business beating Kentucky . Isn't this season trending in that direction as well?

Last edited:
Happens every year with Cal. If it wasn’t for a generational talent like AD, Cal would have 0 championships. Guys got 9 NBA players on this roster and loses to a team with none. Coaches need to know when it’s their time and step down. The game has passed Calipari by. Is he too stubborn to figure that out??
Actually Wisconsin had two guys that flamed out in the league but got a shot. If Cal couldn’t win it with that team, he can’t win again.

With Covid and the transfer portal you can be playing 5 guys that have been playing college ball for 6 years. That’s why all these upsets are happening. One and done teams have no chance in this era. Five 6th years guys can get hot together. Down those freshman go.

I’m certainly not embarrassed by the program. In fact, I’m quite proud of the UK program. Always have been, always will be.

So called fans that hope we lose so they can right fight over the coach are an embarrassment.

I don’t get to Rupp as often as I with like, only made it twice so far this season. One last Sat. Nothing embarrassing there. Rupp was as electric as I remember it being.

I do make most neutral court games. Atlanta was typical Catalana for UNC.

Canada was a UK invasion. Last season London and NYC were turned Blue!

I’ll be in Nashville and it will be Ky’s largest city that week.

What you never see at any of those places are these expert coaches cowering in the corner from embarrassment.

I love going into these places where you can just feel the terror of playing us.

Running into the occasional opposing fans on the streets or in restaurants and bars and you can just feel the respect they have for UK.

And it’s been that way as long as I can remember. I’ve been to every FF UK has played in since 1978.

We even took over St Louis in 2018.

I’ve also been to every SEC tournament since it was brought back in 1979 except for the last 5 Tubby seasons.

I will continue to go to every FF UK is in as long as I’m able to do so.

Doesn’t matter who is coaching. The UK program is bigger than any coach.

For anyone that is embarrassed by this program just pay a visit to Nashville on March 14 and try and convince those people why they should be embarrassed.

Reactions: shodaman
Don’t be embarrassed, kick rocks. Work on your own life so you don’t have to get your self worth from a college basketball team full of teenagers you trash on a regular basis.

In the same year that we embarrassed them at home around this exact same point in the season. Exactly my point. If you guys want throw in the towel after the South Carolina game, have at it.
After the Carolina games

And Robert Morris, Evansville, Virginia Commonwealth, Utah, Notre Dame, Saint Peter’s, UNCW. This has been a long time coming not a one off tantrum like you paint it to be.

After the Carolina games

And Robert Morris, Evansville, Virginia Commonwealth, Utah, Notre Dame, Saint Peter’s, UNCW. This has been a long time coming not a one off tantrum like you paint it to be.
All I'm saying is the season isn't over. I understand your pattern over the years, but as things pertain to this season, I choose not to be a prisoner of the moment when we are still a top 10 team and have just as good a chance at a title as any other team.

Reactions: shodaman
Cal could and should have won several titles by now. He chose not to make that his priority. And these are the results we get - mediocre wins/loss records, 1 championship, and a TON of NBA players in the league. He accomplished what he wants to accomplish.

In the same year that we embarrassed them at home around this exact same point in the season. Exactly my point. If you guys want throw in the towel after the South Carolina game, have at it.
Not to mention last year UConn lost 6 of 8 around this point in the season and we all know how that ended. Stupid to write this team off after a bad game or two.

Last edited:
Don’t be embarrassed, kick rocks. Work on your own life so you don’t have to get your self worth from a college basketball team full of teenagers you trash on a regular basis.
I've never trashed the players and have said many times that "they are just who they are" ... not their fault. Cal on the other hand ... that's a different story. Why don't you simply accept that others see things differently than you? Why is it that you feel the need to try putting words in other people's mouths so that you can then imagine you have some point to make while trying to believe anyone's interested. You have yourself a wonderful day. PROGRAM FIRST.

Last edited:
I've never trashed the players and have said many times that "they are just who they are" ... not their fault. Cal on the other hand ... that's a different story. Why don't you simply accept that others see things differently than you? Why is it that you feel the need to try putting words in other people's mouths so that you can then imagine you have some point to make while trying to believe anyone's interested. You have yourself a wonderful day. PROGRAM FIRST.
My bad, it’s almost as embarrassing as your favorite college basketball team being 14-4. I can’t even show my face around town. 🤡

My bad, it’s almost as embarrassing as your favorite college basketball team being 14-4. I can’t even show my face around town. 🤡
Exactly ... my recommendation for you would be to just stay in the basement. Again, have yourself a fine day. PROGRAM FIRST

Last edited:
Exactly ... my recommendation for you would be to just stay in the basement. Again, have yourself a fine day. PROGRAM FIRST
I would stay in the basement if I were a unhinged loser with no life. Unfortunately there’s more to my life than UK basketball so I will be enjoying it. You stay embarrassed tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT