ADVERTISEMENT

This Program has become an embarrassment

I would stay in the basement if I were a unhinged loser with no life. Unfortunately there’s more to my life than UK basketball so I will be enjoying it. You stay embarrassed tho.
Oh, the name calling ... it's not a good look but it certainly reveals so much about you. You guys are so predictable, but I am happy you believe you're living a life of abundance, I'm sure you deserve it. If so, then get on with it and stop wasting your time on chat board making yourself look silly with the childish commentary. It's laughable because if you realize that someone's opinion differs from yours ... you're butt-hurt? That's just really weird because those are where conversations come from. But hey, that's fine because if being weird and temperamental defines you then go ahead and just be "you" ... obviously you can't help yourself but maybe just staying in the basement would serve you well. Seriously, all the best to you, I'm sure you deserve it.

100% agree if Cal cannot go to FF or win a title with this team he will not at UK again.

With that statement said, I truly think some are delusional regarding our program holistically.

Yes, our tradition is the greatest. But this stuff about not accepting, etc is really kind of nonsense.

I've been a UK fan for 30 years. In those 30 years we've been really good, National Title contenders maybe half the time... probably more like 1/3 of the time. I'm not talking runs in tourney...I'm talking we knew our sh*t didn't stink kind of good.

We've won 4 titles in the past 65 years.

Just going back to when I was born in 1980...43 seasons ago all of these teams have as many or more titles than us.

Villanova
Kansas
UConn
Duke
UNC

Our tradition is old money tradition. We are 100% relevant but I'm just saying...we haven't been lighting the world on fire since the 1950's. Runs by Pitino and Cal were here and gone quickly. Our program has a history of major gaps between titles....

This is correct. I am your exact age. Raised by two UK alums who have had season tickets at Rupp since it opened. They’re diehards and taught me the history well. Rupps era started off gangbusters, but then we went 20 years between titles with only one Final Four in the 1960s. Won a title in 78 and got hosed in 75. 80s was another dry decade with one Final Four and a lot of disappointing tournament flame outs followed by probation. We won another two during the renaissance period of the Pitino era, but fell into mediocrity during the entire decade of the 2000s with no final fours or championships. The beginning of the Cal era was amazing but the 2016-present version is like a hybrid of late stage Joe Hall and Tubby teams.

The notion that we just pile up championships and win all the games by 90 and anything less is unacceptable is silly because it’s not historically accurate. Kentucky basketball is always relevant because we’ve had success in every era, but we’re not always dominant every year.

We should be nearing the sunset phase of the Calipari era. Who knows, but history shows this might be a lean decade as were the 1960s, 80s, 00s and 20s.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT