ADVERTISEMENT

This is really an average team

Yeap. ZERO chance of a Final Four run this year. I don't even see a Sweet Sixteen.

We have an average coach who doesn't coach these kids, who don't game plan, who just tells kids to "go go go". That is sure coaching. Just yelling on the sidelines.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
An average team with 7 or 8 players that will play in the NBA
"I'd like to thank BBN for helping me to make all my dreams come true. Cal was there to give me the minutes to ensure scouts noticed me, and he really worked to protect us all from injury so that our draft status wasn't jeapordized. He did a great job hiding me when it counted".

• Love
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
100% correct, but they're only average because of the asshat coach. Every Kentucky team, even the crappy ones, have a couple big wins over ranked teams. This year, it's UNC and Auburn. But what else have they accomplished that says this group is capable of doing ANYTHING in the tournament?

F this team. I’m sick of getting my hopes up and thinking we are good and about to make a run, then do this. I can’t even tell if it’s Cal, or if it’s the players.

Great teams win in spite of their coach most of the time. This team is average. Players gotta make plays. These guys don’t.

With a below average coach. The one really good player is a veteran (Reeves). They consistently lose to average teams with veteran players. The Auburn game was a total fluke.
I think they’ve all been that way recently and have accepted that they probably woo continue to be.

We’re just not the big bad program we used to be. We are a 2 out of three kind of program.

Used to be the premier or one of the three for sure of college basketball. Now the best description of us truthfully is…we are a “top 20 program”

Reactions: sambowieshin
If the coach actually plays the right guys the right amount of minutes - it’s probably a really good team. That’s what is (and has been) so frustrating with CCC.

Start and give huge minutes to:

Dilly (live with the turnovers)
Reed
Reeves
Thiero
Tre/Ugo (depending on matchup)

Play Wagner and Edwards sparingly

At this point, Cal knows this team will barely get into the tourney and exit it early riding DJ and Edwards. Will he seriously not make the change?

Reactions: plumdog69
I think there's enough talent. There's just not enough of a coach. His mouth runs but his coaching doesn't

If the coach actually plays the right guys the right amount of minutes - it’s probably a really good team. That’s what is (and has been) so frustrating with CCC.

Start and give huge minutes to:

Dilly (live with the turnovers)
Reed
Reeves
Thiero
Tre/Ugo (depending on matchup)

Play Wagner and Edwards sparingly

At this point, Cal knows this team will barely get into the tourney and exit it early riding DJ and Edwards. Will he seriously not make the change?
No he promised them playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT