ADVERTISEMENT

A&M

Someone on Rafters posted a link that evidently suggests A&M is B1G bound. Would they run from the SEC because of the Longhorns?
Ok, they failed in the Big 12 before that. And in the Southwest before that.
There is no way in hell that Texas A&M or any other school ever leaves the SEC. Yeah they could go to the Big10 & the competition would be easier. But it ain't going to happen

Bad coaching hires. They land one really solid coach who won't jump at the next offer and they could win 3 titles in a 5ish year period. They have the money and recruiting base to pull that off.

I haven't seen that post or seen it anywhere else. But they weren't happy when Texas joined. And I am sure the Big would like to get an anchor in Texas and it would be quite a victory for the Big to steal an SEC member. I know you have seen me post that I don't want a Big presence in any of the SEC states, I believe the SEC offices feel the same way,
Did A&M vote against TX entering SEC? Not to my knowledge. I thought the vote was unanimous to admit them. Unless this is wrong, I don't put any stock in their moving. And I'd love ND - in a B1G state - in the SEC. Another team to dislike as much as TN.

Last edited:
DID A&M vote against TX entering SEC? Not to my knowledge. I thought the vote was unanimous to admit them. Unless this is wrong, I don't put any stock in their moving. And I'd love ND - in a B!G state - in the SEC. Another team to dislike as much as TN.

It was reported that A&M opposed Texas’s entry. And, then, A&M flipped.

It was reported that A&M opposed Texas’s entry. And, then, A&M flipped.
Sounds like they're a team player then vs. a disgruntled outsider. And it would be a good way to show your distain for TX w/o any other real meaning; i.e., harmless.

Bad coaching hires. They land one really solid coach who won't jump at the next offer and they could win 3 titles in a 5ish year period. They have the money and recruiting base to pull that off.
the coach they had before Jimbo at least put an exciting offense on display.
Jimbo was a fraud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT