ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero out again

You could see something was wrong with him in the second half of UL game. Glad Big Z is back so Adou can rest and heal.
What kind of player you think Big Z is going to be? Seen a few highlights but hoping he will be better than expected

Does it though? We all know Cal shortens his rotation and we’ve seen this for years. He’s not going to get any run this late in the season
Yeah, he needs to get Thiero in there and Edwards out. I’m serious. When Thiero comes back, there is no reason for Edwards to play. At all. Like I said.

Yeah, he needs to get Thiero in there and Edwards out. I’m serious. When Thiero comes back, there is no reason for Edwards to play. At all. Like I said.
I agree. But unfortunately Cal has started Edwards all year and there’s no way he’s going to insert Thiero there.

I suspect that when Adou comes back, he’ll get 10 minutes per game or less. He will have to be a lockdown defender and a rebounding machine to get more than that.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Yeah I was thinking ruptured disc. Didn't they say he was going for more tests? That means disc problems or God forbid vertabrae problems.
Not necessarily. Often back issues have nothing to do with the spine, they often are muscle related, there are some very small one back there that can be very painful if strained and very slow to heal.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Not necessarily. Often back issues have nothing to do with the spine, they often are muscle related, there are some very small one back there that can be very painful if strained and very slow to heal.

Agree. I wrote in another thread titled "Thiero" the other day that I had a bad back for years and found out on my own that it was all muscle related and avoided surgery. TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: UKortho
I agree. But unfortunately Cal has started Edwards all year and there’s no way he’s going to insert Thiero there.

I suspect that when Adou comes back, he’ll get 10 minutes per game or less. He will have to be a lockdown defender and a rebounding machine to get more than that.
When will y’all learn that minutes matter more than starting!!!?

Once Bradshaw started playing (Penn), we had 2.5 games with Theiro and Edwards and Bradshaw fully available. Theiro played 1 more min than Edwards vs Penn, 3 more vs UNC, and while Edwards minutes vs UL aren’t split by half, Theiro played 13 in 1 half while Edwards played 24 in whole game. Even after Theiro injury, Edwards only played 18.3 mpg in last 6 games, just 14.0 in last 2.

Theiro is an important piece to this team, as our best rebounder (or 2nd to Onyenso), or best defender, our most physical player, and along with Wagner one of our two most aggressive to attack the rim and get to the FT line.
Edwards, I’m still not sure what he does well.

Yeah. I read he was dealing with back spasms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT