ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

“It would be ridiculous for us to start negotiating with Ukraine just because they are running out of ammunition.” -Putin

He just wants peace guys. Good call.

I don’t know if Putin would negotiate a resolution to end the war; however, many of us advocated for peace talks when Ukraine had more leverage. Now that Ukraine appears to be losing any leverage it may have once had, it will be more difficult to broker a deal that is favorable to Ukraine.

That said, the comments outside of a negotiation don’t amount to much. But, I see the anti-peace advocates will do whatever they can to avoid negotiations.

“It would be ridiculous for us to start negotiating with Ukraine just because they are running out of ammunition.” -Putin

The quote I saw was…

“For us to negotiate now just because they are running out of ammunition is somewhat ridiculous on our part,” Putin said, …“We are, however, ready for a serious conversation,”

Where did you get your quote? Curious which one is correct. Obviously yours sounds more provocative.

Why one earth would anyone start negotiating a ceasefire just because their opponent is losing? For as much of an evil genius as you guys make him out to be, you sure expect Putin to make very stupid decisions.

The quote I saw was…

“For us to negotiate now just because they are running out of ammunition is somewhat ridiculous on our part,” Putin said, …“We are, however, ready for a serious conversation,”

Where did you get your quote? Curious which one is correct. Obviously yours sounds more provocative.

Why one earth would anyone start negotiating a ceasefire just because their opponent is losing? For as much of an evil genius as you guys make him out to be, you sure expect Putin to make very stupid decisions.
Being ready for a serious conversation yet rejecting a cease-fire and negotiations now is not being serious about peace. He was never serious about peace and will never be. Incredible you cherry-picked the last sentence and took it to heart.

Being ready for a serious conversation yet rejecting a cease-fire and negotiations now is not being serious about peace. He was never serious about peace and will never be. Incredible you cherry-picked the last sentence and took it to heart.

Was your quote an actual quote or did you make it up and attribute it to Putin?

Hard to swallow pill incoming- maybe the time to sit down and talk peace was when things were stalemated instead of insisting (nonsensically) that the only option for Ukraine was total victory (whatever that meant).

Totally inept strategy that points back to the very obvious- this war is propagated by people who want profit and see Ukrainians as fodder.

It’s an actual quote. Saw it in the Telegraph but it’s all over the place. Why would I need to make it up?

Because it’s a different quote than I saw. I guess it’s a translation. Was wondering why yours sounded so much more provocative. I guess depending on the translator, you’ll get different English versions of what Putin said.

A lot of time with Trump we’ll see statements attributed to him that are actually people filling in what they thought he meant, not exactly what he said. Hell, Biden did it multiple times in the SOTU address. That twat nightwatch used to do it to me all the time instead of quoting my posts (maybe still does, I dk).

So when people are taking so many liberties these days with quotes, I like to be sure they are actual things people said.

Reactions: hmt5000
Regardless, why would it come as a surprise to anyone that Russia would be unwilling to take their foot off the gas in a war they’re winning simply so Ukraine can restock and kill more of their people?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
So you didn't actually read it did you??? There are areas of Moldova that want to leave Moldova and become part of Russia. I wouldn't do that. I know you constantly have to lie to make a point but if you just look at the facts... There are people in Ukraine and Moldova that want to be part of Russia. They do not want to be part of the EU.
Because they’re ethnic Russians who settled in Moldova and Ukraine when the USSR existed. There have been a lot of ethnic Mexicans who have settled in the US. Should they be allowed to take part of America and merge with Mexico?

Even more Germans, English, Irish, Italians and Jews have settled here. Do they get to partition the US and merge with their ancestral homes? There’s even a lot of ethnic Russians in Alaska and the west coast states. Should we let Russian troops occupy those areas?

Why are you just focusing on ethnic Russians?

Oh, forgot. Never mind.

The quote I saw was…

Evil? Yes. Genius? No. No genius would subjugate his “people” and bleed them dry (quite literally in the trenches in Ukraine) in order to satisfy his personal lust for power.

He has compared himself to Jesus but I’m certain another five-letter word is more appropriate for this sick continuation of a long history of Russian dictators.

We are 33 years from the territory being part of the USSR. Many of the people who live their identified as Russian for much of their lives. It’s not as if some Russians wandered into a contiguous country and then wanted to be annexed by Russia. They and the generations before them actually identified as Russian. The analogy fails.

• Haha
Because they’re ethnic Russians who settled in Moldova and Ukraine when the USSR existed. There have been a lot of ethnic Mexicans who have settled in the US. Should they be allowed to take part of America and merge with Mexico?

Even more Germans, English, Irish, Italians and Jews have settled here. Do they get to partition the US and merge with their ancestral homes? There’s even a lot of ethnic Russians in Alaska and the west coast states. Should we let Russian troops occupy those areas?

Why are you just focusing on ethnic Russians?

Oh, forgot. Never mind.
I'd agree with you except for the fact that Zelensky was elected to stop the war in the Donbas. The Azov style militias ignored him and kept killing those "russians". If people from Boston were going down to New Mexico and killing tons of ethnic Mexicans and nobody in the US govt did anything to stop it and actually aided them with money and weapons... I could see them wanting to leave the US and become part of Mexico. You are leaving the killings and burnings out though.

• Haha
I'd agree with you except for the fact that Zelensky was elected to stop the war in the Donbas. The Azov style militias ignored him and kept killing those "russians". If people from Boston were going down to New Mexico and killing tons of ethnic Mexicans and nobody in the US govt did anything to stop it and actually aided them with money and weapons... I could see them wanting to leave the US and become part of Mexico. You are leaving the killings and burnings out though.
I could see them wanting to leave the US and become part of Mexico.

But would you be in favor of allowing them to take part of America and making it Mexico? You’re leaving out the actual partitioning of a sovereign nation though.

But would you be in favor of allowing them to take part of America and making it Mexico? You’re leaving out the actual partitioning of a sovereign nation though.
I'd need to see the exact scenario. I mean... if dems keep going the way they are I have no intention of letting NY and Cali politics run my personal life. I'd likely want to secede too. We broke away from Britain after all... Was that wrong?

That's why you'd do everythign you can to prevent war from happening in the first place by finding a mutually agreeable state of affairs for all parties involved.

Something Zel was elected to do but then reneged on his campaign platform when the oligarchs and hard right forces in Ukr told him no.

We rushed to America and now want to be annexed by Mexico. That is where this discussion has landed. 😝
Nevermind stating the obvious... it is my understanding of American history at least, that we won that land by invading Mexico, taking Texas who desired independence from Mexico and then the rest of the American Southwest in much the same way Putin did in Crimea, who likewise desired independence from Ukraine, and then Donbas.

Reactions: hmt5000
Regardless, why would it come as a surprise to anyone that Russia would be unwilling to take their foot off the gas in a war they’re winning simply so Ukraine can restock and kill more of their people?
Winning? In Kursk and Belgorod Oblasts, Russia can’t even defend their own villages and towns from being shelled or cross-border raids, nor can they defend against UAV attacks against their refineries which is biting into their revenue and jacking up gas prices after India cut them off. Their momentum from a few weeks ago has completely stopped now that ammo is flowing again.

Has anyone seen Medvedev’s “peace plan”? What a complete and total joke .🤡🤡

That's why you'd do everythign you can to prevent war from happening in the first place by finding a mutually agreeable state of affairs for all parties involved.

Something Zel was elected to do but then reneged on his campaign platform when the oligarchs and hard right forces in Ukr told him no.
Yep. there is an interview of Zelensky early on being asked about the militias in the east.. and Zelensky said "Azov is Azov. I can't do anything about them".... He knew that they would kill him if he tried to negotiate peace.

Reactions: SDC888
We are 33 years from the territory being part of the USSR. Many of the people who live their identified as Russian for much of their lives. It’s not as if some Russians wandered into a contiguous country and then wanted to be annexed by Russia. They and the generations before them actually identified as Russian. The analogy fails.
Why would you identify as Russian if you're live in Moldova anymore than if you were living in Poland or Slovakia or other east Europe countries under Soviet control?? Senseless statement to me. Anyone under 40 wouldn't remember being Soviet. That's a huge majority.

We deleting posts from this thread now or what?

There was some particularly inane, even by theirv ery low standards, posting from the pro-war side of the equation.

There's mass delusion and psychosis everwyhere: maybe you could see it in the way the coronavirus was handled or the idiocy that is "gender theory," the same mechanisms are at play obviously in politics and maybe less obvious to you in the pro-war camp in getting you to support this stupid war which will accomplish nothing but ruining Ukraine and lining the pockets of Blackrock et al

firefox-rm-YN9-Vs-ENt.png

I saw Newsweek run a story that Russia had lost 6000 men the last 2 weeks. They also ran a story that said they were losing ground because they didn't have the artillery and ammo to properly respond to Russian attacks. Eventually someone at newsweek is going to have to answer for their coverage... BBC is even worse.

Meaning well over a majority are under age 40. That would translate to roughly 57% under 40. Thanks.
Why would you identify as Russian if you're live in Moldova anymore than if you were living in Poland or Slovakia or other east Europe countries under Soviet control?? Senseless statement to me. Anyone under 40 wouldn't remember being Soviet. That's a huge majority.

I guess your definition of “huge” is different from mine. Half the people are older than 35. Plus, anyone under 40 was probably raised by a Soviet. But, I am sure it is huge someplace.

Reactions: SDC888
Open secret West is providing Funding? WTF? It's been wide open, no kind of secret.

Acknowledging NATO troops there, but not fighting, is new. Saying CIA people are there? Pretty well expected, right?

Really is crazy in 2024 to see videos of terrorist attacks as they’re happening across the world wondering how this is going to negatively impact me in the U.S., someone who just wants to pay less taxes and enjoy my life.

Hamas and Israel going back and forth slaughtering civilians.

The ongoing attack in Moscow. Just hope the finger can plausibly be pointed at Russians who hate Putin and not the west.

• Sad
Reactions: hmt5000 and J_Dee
Really is crazy in 2024 to see videos of terrorist attacks as they’re happening across the world wondering how this is going to negatively impact me in the U.S., someone who just wants to pay less taxes and enjoy my life.

The ongoing attack in Moscow. Just hope the finger can plausibly be pointed at Russians who hate Putin and not the west.
Israel not slaughtering civilians. Those deaths are causalities of war, not due to purposeful attacks.

You have some of the nuttiest thoughts suspecting the West is attacking Moscow buildings.

I said at the very outset (in the now deleted thread) that we needed to find a way to end this war quickly, and not prolong it, because war has a way of producing completely unanticipated and dangerous results. (Nothing special about that, as anybody who’s read book could tell you).

My stomach churns just a bit as I wonder who did this and what escalation will come from it.

“black beards”

Probably Muslims from one of the Russian occupied republics like Dagestan or Chechnya pissed off about their people being sent to the front lines and fed to the meat grinder.

Horrible incident and tragedy, sure the fools in the Kremlin will try to blame Ukraine and the West. U.S. and British intel warned the Russians two weeks ago about this threat.

Reactions: vhcat70
“black beards”

Probably Muslims from one of the Russian occupied republics like Dagestan or Chechnya pissed off about their people being sent to the front lines and fed to the meat grinder.

Horrible incident and tragedy, sure the fools in the Kremlin will try to blame Ukraine and the West. U.S. and British intel warned the Russians two weeks ago about this threat.

I think ISIS is claiming responsibility. Which seems odd to me. I have been under the impression muslim groups had sympathy from Russia? Granted, i don’t know the ins and outs of the different factions in Islam.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT