ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

Retirement? If you're being funny about a life threatening disease gfy. I post less as I dont have the energy to combat some of the stupid posts on here.

I guess I should not be surprised that one of the biggest Ukrainian warhawks has no idea who Victoria Nuland is, or knows she announced her retirement.

I can assure you, everyone who understands what is going on with this war understood the Victoria Nuland joke.

But your reaction pretty much encapsulates the issue. You’ll tell us this war was completely unprovoked, there was never a coup, and don’t know who Victoria Nuland is.

So you didn't actually read it did you??? There are areas of Moldova that want to leave Moldova and become part of Russia. I wouldn't do that. I know you constantly have to lie to make a point but if you just look at the facts... There are people in Ukraine and Moldova that want to be part of Russia. They do not want to be part of the EU.
Like I said, you simply don't see.

I guess I should not be surprised that one of the biggest Ukrainian warhawks has no idea who Victoria Nuland is, or knows she announced her retirement.

I can assure you, everyone who understands what is going on with this war understood the Victoria Nuland joke.

But your reaction pretty much encapsulates the issue. You’ll tell us this war was completely unprovoked, there was never a coup, and don’t know who Victoria Nuland is.
I know who she is. Are you saying that Nuland’s involvement in the ‘14 Maidan coup event and NATO’s enlargement is justification for Russia’s invasion? Trying to understand your point.

I know who she is. Are you saying that Nuland’s involvement in the ‘14 Maidan coup event and NATO’s enlargement is justification for Russia’s invasion? Trying to understand your point.

I’m saying anyone who is commenting on the Ukraine war should know who Victoria Nuland is, and know she just announced her retirement.

If someone isn’t on top of current events or doesn’t know some of the key players, one is left to assume they’re getting a completely biased, filtered feed of information and their posts should all be discounted as uniformed.

Reactions: hmt5000
I’m saying anyone who is commenting on the Ukraine war should know who Victoria Nuland is, and know she just announced her retirement.

If someone isn’t on top of current events or doesn’t know some of the key players, one is left to assume they’re getting a completely biased, filtered feed of information and their posts should all be discounted as uniformed.
---
Nuland never met a war she didn't like. Of course, it was no big deal if the US was involved, just send those young deplorables off to die for her & the MIC.

There was a CIA engineered coup in 2014 in Ukraine? NATO has been aggressively pushed right up to Russia’s door with no thought for repercussions?

And yet, the point remains so difficult to grasp, eh?

Oh well. I’m sure the same agencies that are literally interfering in American domestic politics are totally staying out of Ukrainian politics. Sleep easy, everyone.

It’s not about “justification”. Nothing justifies what has happened.

But people need to understand cause and effect or this war will never end.

And ignorance as to who Victoria Nuland is, or what role she and others played, shows some people really don’t care about bringing this war to a close.

America, **** yeah, coming again to save the mother****ing day yeah!!!!! is not good foreign policy.

Reactions: hmt5000 and SDC888
He knows who she is. Acknowledging her means acknowledging that there is more to this than just a territory crazed modern day czar on the loose.

He jumped in mid stream. I made a Victoria Nuland joke, and one of the biggest warhawks in the thread didn’t know who she was.

He asked if my point was the CIA involvement justifies the war.

Obviously that wasn’t the point nor does anyone think (outside of Russia) the CIA involvement in Ukraine justified this level of response.

Macron trying to act all tough after the farmer protests, threatening to send troops into Ukraine. Tone it down, you little twat.
Macron will go into Ukraine all alone. No one is sending troops to ukraine. Hope the French millitary is as elite as they say.

This is a particularly good articulation, i.e. stating the obvious, of a counterpoint against one of the funniest/saddest things I ever read, of hwich there are many, I've had the marked displeasure reading in this thread.

Finally, there is the fact that war spending simply is not "good for the economy." This is an old well-worn myth, but is based on nothing. Consider the process: war spending (especially spending on weapons) requires taxing productive Americans and then turning their taxpayer money into devices that will be consumed in war. Had the taxpayers been allowed to spend this money, much of that money would have been spent on things like education, capital goods, saving, and investment. Instead, that money is taxed, and then, after the bureaucrats take their cut, it is transformed into artillery shells, etc. that blow up some stuff in Ukraine for no benefit to Americans. To imagine that this is a boon for Americans requires the most out-of-touch beltway type of thinking imaginable.

Yep, good old Vicky. Served under Bush and then Obama. Got sent to deal with Ukraine in 2014 under the watchful eye of then Deputy Secretary Antony Blinken.

Famous quote caught on tape while picking the members of the next Ukrainian government, "Eff the EU, Yats is the guy."

The Oliver Stone documentary "Ukraine on Fire" lays it all out very well.

Funny how the same people who were involved with the Orange and Maiden uprisings were back in office when shtf in Ukraine.

Be honest. Who in here got trolled by Russia.....AGAIN?

I find it semi amusing that not a single person posted anything about this story, but a Warhawk has to run here to tell everyone about all the Russian disinformation everyone is falling for.

Almost like the constant narrative of people in the US falling for Russia disinformation is the disinformation some people in the US are falling for.

The french are bad mother****ers.
Yes, they are. Notwithstanding stupid American jokes about how they surrendered in Ww2, they are legitimately an elite military power. What good does that do, if they get themselves nuked? Well, they can nuke the bad guys, too! Woo hoo, everyone wins.🙄

Just hope that they put 💗Marine or 💗Marion in power, and we'll quit hearing about French warmongering. It's time for a female President of France. As opposed to some weirdo who is sleeping with a wife that is of an age to be his grandmother, or close to it.

Last edited:
Transnistria has been occupied by Russian troops for decades. The people there have no say. As for the woman leader of an area saying they want to join Russia, on its face she’s being by Putin. And both add up to small population.

And I take if Dandy Andy said Kentucky wants to be part of Russia you’d be OK with that.
obviously no. I get that you have to make up a lie to justify your horrible takes. I dislike Russia and can't understand why anyone would want to live there or be annexed by Russia... but that is what is happeing. Instead of just crapping on that fact how about you think about why millions of people in Ukraine and Moldova would rather be part of Russia than be part of the EU... Just do that thought experiment.

Yes, they are. Notwithstanding stupid American jokes about how they surrendered in Ww2, they are legitimately an elite military power. What good does that do, if they get themselves nuked? Well, they can nuke the bad guys, too! Woo hoo, everyone wins.🙄

Just hope that they put 💗Marine or 💗Marion in power, and we'll quit hearing about French warmongering. It's time for a female President of France. As opposed to some weirdo who is sleeping with a wife that is of an age to be his grandmother, or close to it.
The problem with the French military is the problem with all of Europes militaries... they are too small and too underfunded. The foreign legion is full of great fighters but there aren't that many of them. Britains fighting force could fit in a soccer stadium. Germany's own military warned them 6 years ago that they couldn't fight a war for longer than 2 weeks.

Europe wants the US to spend all the money and provide all the big fire power and a huge chunk of the manpower. 15,000 French soldiers aren't doing squat in this war. 100,000 Americans would flip the script.

Reactions: SDC888
Justifaction??? To me... No... To Putin.. yes. DId our CIA and State Dept warn that this would happen if they went through with this?... Yes they did.

It's not a black/white issue. Does someone calling your or my wife fat give us justification to punch them in the mouth... to me... yes. To a court, we are probably going to jail and getting sued.

Justifaction??? To me... No... To Putin.. yes. DId our CIA and State Dept warn that this would happen if they went through with this?... Yes they did.

It's not a black/white issue. Does someone calling your or my wife fat give us justification to punch them in the mouth... to me... yes. To a court, we are probably going to jail and getting sued.
Ahh, gotcha. Fantastic analogy of justification comparing wartime imperialistic claims of land that you think has belonged to you for thousands of years and the fake NATO boogeyman expanding on your borders because you’re an insecure totalitarian midget dictator hell-bent on restoring the Soviet Union to someone calling my wife fat and me trying to restrain myself. That’s a deep level of thought unsurpassed on this board.

Ahh, gotcha. Fantastic analogy of justification comparing wartime imperialistic claims of land that you think has belonged to you for thousands of years and the fake NATO boogeyman expanding on your borders because you’re an insecure totalitarian midget dictator hell-bent on restoring the Soviet Union to someone calling my wife fat and me trying to restrain myself. That’s a deep level of thought unsurpassed on this board.
No problem. I tried to keep as simple as possible so you could get it. Glad it worked.

So we must continue funding this until there’s a 50% chance of Armageddon. Sounds about right for an administration that wants to fund a port for terrorists who still hold our citizens hostage.

Reactions: hmt5000
In 2008, US and Euro GDP’s were near equal. Today, US is approaching twice their size.

The French troops in WW2 actually put up a fierce fight. With antique tanks and planes. Tenaciously held on with what they had. They helped us beat Britian for our independence. I think people forget that.

The French troops in WW2 actually put up a fierce fight. With antique tanks and planes. Tenaciously held on with what they had. They helped us beat Britian for our independence. I think people forget that.
And Vietnam... they had wayyy too few troops to win that war in that terrain... something we didn't learn from either.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...&cvid=941ad1de37c240319af43bac3ac53b96&ei=250

rench President Emmanuel Macron is pushing Europe closer to a World War 3 scenario with his "empty" threat of sending soldiers to Ukraine, warns Colonel Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, former head of NATO's Rapid Reaction CBRN Battalion.

Last month, Macron urged world leaders not to be "cowards" and fully support Kyiv in their ongoing fight against Russiia.

However, his aggressive stance sparked a furious reaction from Vladimir Putin, who warned of devastating consequences if NATO troops were deployed to Ukraine.

De Bretton-Gordon said Macron's rhetoric could lead to a new global conflict unless he can persuade other world leaders to commit more resources to help Kyiv.

"Macron should try and persuade his neighbour, Olaf Scholz, to unlock Germany's vast Taurus missile stockpile, which could put a significant dent in Putin's war effort.", reports the Express.

"Secondly, the Ukrainians need air superiority in order to enable their formations to break through Russian defensive lines and get behind them."

"This is how we broke through Saddam Hussein's defence line in 1991 and routed his massive and static army in four days, but we had overwhelming air power."

Looks like Macrons tough talk was to encourage Germany to do more. LOL. This is the problem with NATO now. They all want someone to do something but none of them want to be the one doing it or paying for it.

Reactions: vhcat70

Well thankfully they canceled the elections in order to save democracy.

That was the rumor on why he fired him... Lots of military and government employees wanted him to coup Zelensky and Z was scared he might do it. He wanted him to give up any power to protect his income stream... I mean office.

“It would be ridiculous for us to start negotiating with Ukraine just because they are running out of ammunition.” -Putin

He just wants peace guys. Good call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT