ADVERTISEMENT

That finebaum caller legend

Could not believe that th qb transfered from Ohio St too Syracuse and then the MLB Johnson from Georgia to the "Syracuse of the sec" Kentucky what a ass I now hope Michigan kicks their ass
Probably a stupid question but , where was the caller from ?

I think KSR decided a few years ago to copy Paul’s character caller template. It’s not my cup of tea. I don’t care about some regular caller who thinks they’re clever. I would much rather hear from experts, players, coaches, but a lot of people must like that country Joe and Joanne caller format.

Could not believe that th qb transfered from Ohio St too Syracuse and then the MLB Johnson from Georgia to the "Syracuse of the sec" Kentucky what a ass I now hope Michigan kicks their ass
Legend is a drunk dueche bag to say the least! I don’t even give him the time of day! Let him wallow in his own arrogance and misery 😂😂

I think about 90% of his callers are SEC/ESPN employees. I have actually called in and gotten on once, asked a question and Paul said some nonsense like good to hear from you and cut me off. Its normally a long hold but his regular callers get on everyday, multiple times for a few of them. Legion is suppose to be a convicted murderer who has done his time about to become a chef. How much of that is true I don't know, but i watch most days. Doesn't take a lot to entertain me.

I think about 90% of his callers are SEC/ESPN employees. I have actually called in and gotten on once, asked a question and Paul said some nonsense like good to hear from you and cut me off. Its normally a long hold but his regular callers get on everyday, multiple times for a few of them. Legion is suppose to be a convicted murderer who has done his time about to become a chef. How much of that is true I don't know, but i watch most days. Doesn't take a lot to entertain me.
I doubt that Phyllis woman was an espn employee. She was awful

Reactions: bluecoon1
I think Finebaum assisted her financially.

Those Bama gals used to go at it in his show: an Auburn and a Bama fan. They were rough sounding gals . . . maybe eight teeth between ‘em.

They were the kind of girls that could teach you how to use a chainsaw, and likely out spit you.
Word is you’d have a hard time counting 32 teeth total at Gulf Shores Beach on July 4th.

You guys have amazingly thin skin. It was just one moronic comment by one goofball fan on a terrible TV show. LOL.
We shut idiots like that up by winning...or at least being competitive against the heavyweights of the SEC. And we still have a ways to go to do that.
Just laugh at their stupidity and move on.

Even if they don't win it they will be claiming it in 10 years.
bama6.png

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
What the hell does syracuse of the SEC mean?
Did you see Syracuse play in the bowl game??

Got smoked. That's how he referred to UK. Getting smoked in the SEC against the top teams in the conference.

Until we can figure out how to beat UT Vols, OleMiss, Auburn, TA&M, now add USC to that list, we will never be respected in the SEC for being a football school.

Forget about beating Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Texas. Just beat the next teir teams to gain some respect.

Or, continue to be viewed as the Syracuse of the SEC by fans from the real SEC football powers.

Did you see Syracuse play in the bowl game??

Got smoked. That's how he referred to UK. Getting smoked in the SEC against the top teams in the conference.

Until we can figure out how to beat UT Vols, OleMiss, Auburn, TA&M, now add USC to that list, we will never be respected in the SEC for being a football school.

Forget about beating Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Texas. Just beat the next teir teams to gain some respect.

Or, continue to be viewed as the Syracuse of the SEC by fans from the real SEC football powers.
I think it had more to do with Kentucky’s geographical position in the conference.

Folks bashing the Finebaum show is funny and ironic...it's essentially the live version of this board but with deeper south football lean.

There's nothing wrong with laughing and head scratching at UGA players transferring to UK.

Hell, I laughed myself. Almost unbelievable.

Same goes for OSU QB to Syracuse. I mean the starter, not a 3rd stringer. It makes absolutely no sense. Syracuse isn't gonna pay him any more money than OSU can or did. Makes zero sense.

Same goes for the UGA players, UK isn't scrapping up more money than what UGA could get those guys and we are not contending for titles either.

You must not listen to Legend on the Finebaum show if you think that was what he was referring to.

No one disrespects UK football and particularly CMS more than Finebaum and some of his callers.
I had the show on while working from home after the Stoops to A&M weekend debacle. Paul had an A&M insider on trying to “explain” what happened. Paul really took some unnecessary shots at Stoops.

Reactions: cathouse
Folks bashing the Finebaum show is funny and ironic...it's essentially the live version of this board but with deeper south football lean.

There's nothing wrong with laughing and head scratching at UGA players transferring to UK.

Hell, I laughed myself. Almost unbelievable.

Same goes for OSU QB to Syracuse. I mean the starter, not a 3rd stringer. It makes absolutely no sense. Syracuse isn't gonna pay him any more money than OSU can or did. Makes zero sense.

Same goes for the UGA players, UK isn't scrapping up more money than what UGA could get those guys and we are not contending for titles either.

OSU and Day feeling the pressure to beat Mich and win a title. Day not trying to keep his tells you the confidence le&

I had the show on while working from home after the Stoops to A&M weekend debacle. Paul had an A&M insider on trying to “explain” what happened. Paul really took some unnecessary shots at Stoops.
Finebaum always takes shots at UK and CMS.

He is a flaming Vol fan/UT grad.

Reactions: Basil Cat
I don't see him pro UT at all, now pro Bana and Saban is a different story. He has been covering Bama a long time.
Bama fans keep him on the air. He has to suck up to them.

He bleeds orange. I have heard it out of his own mouth.

When UT beat Bama last year in Knoxville, Finebaum was on cloud 9.

Last edited:
Laura puts him on cloud 9, he can barely function when she is on.

Sadly I might be the ssme.
Now that's a different story. Laura is a big Gator fan. She makes me want to root, root, root, ......for Florida.

And I hate Florida.

Every talking head in the industry has bias...

MJ likes UK, Rich Eisen likes Michigan, Dave Portnoy likes Michigan, all the former athletes and coaches on espn lean towards their schools and conferences...

His career is covering Bama, it's his expertise so to speak.

He leans football because football is king at every level across this country especially in the south. Basketball is kind of niche and seasonal.

Football, naturally by its structure, involves more people from pee wee on through and overtime that has added up to it being king. More people on a team, more people can go to games because it's outside, bigger coaching staffs, etc...it touches more people, more families.

Basketball, 15 kids dress, 7 play...you can only squeeze so many people into most gyms...

Also, let's be honest basketball is interesting for about a month. Football, every game matters.

That’s why I laugh when people call me a conspiracy theorist. I believe the league runs the agenda of who gets the calls and wins. They won’t give a team 5 bogus PI penalties but they will get all 50-50 calls. They chose Bama due to Georgia fatigue and Saban probably hanging it up next year. You will say, that’s crazy….. sports are not fixed at the highest levels. Then you will tune into a 4 hour long daily program to publicize Alabama that is produced by the SEC network.

That’s why I laugh when people call me a conspiracy theorist. I believe the league runs the agenda of who gets the calls and wins. They won’t give a team 5 bogus PI penalties but they will get all 50-50 calls. They chose Bama due to Georgia fatigue and Saban probably hanging it up next year. You will say, that’s crazy….. sports are not fixed at the highest levels. Then you will tune into a 4 hour long daily program to publicize Alabama that is produced by the SEC network.
so, the league office calls in the refs and tells em preseason who they want to favor? You tell a ref that and he lets the wrong person know, that would be jail time for some folks! risky business there!

Bama has gotten calls for years. They went an entire year without a holding call, yet their Outland award winner gets called 4 times in all star game. But oddly enough I don't think refs had much to do with outcome this year, I thought the pass was a catch, they beat us because we couldn't stop the run. But SEC has always taken care of their golden goose, UT in late 90's got all the calls. Does the same in BB, UGA isn't going to beat one of the good teams in a tight game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT