ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops will be gone in a year or two

There aren’t many jobs better and with better resources than A&M. He’s not getting ‘Bama or Ohio State , etc

For sure!

Doesn’t say much about the state of UK football that a notch above average power conference team threatened their AD to burn down College Station if they hired our coach.
actually A&M may be a more delusional fanbase than ours. The envy of Texas proper they have is off the charts. Before our coaches weren't even on the radar except for D2 programs or high schools. But calling A&M a notch above average is a delusional comment in itself.

If this whole fiasco doesn’t show us that he can’t go anywhere then nothing does. The only way that changes is stoops shows up and wins at a really high level and that’s not happening with the schedule shift.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Is our fb program better than ever? I mean we’ve had a couple disappointing back to back seasons. Teams with losing records go to bowls now. We don’t suck but the trajectory isn’t what it needs to be. And bb. Our team beating Marshall? Please. They almost lost to st joes. I’m not buying any hype is have to see them win big games. Everyone is salavating to have a strong team but the problem. You gotta actually win. Long way to go.

Questioning that the football team is better than ever and also saying we have had two disappointing 7 win seasons in a row is one stance.

The fact that most fans consider back to back 7 win seasons disappointing tells you that our football team is in a better spot than they have ever been.

I’m frustrated with the losses too but historical perspective makes me not as upset with 5 loss seasons as 8 loss seasons; and stoops has - at least - stopped the god awful, hopeless, 1AA talent level seasons. I’m not a pearl clutcher but who is coming here who will do better?

actually A&M may be a more delusional fanbase than ours. The envy of Texas proper they have is off the charts. Before our coaches weren't even on the radar except for D2 programs or high schools. But calling A&M a notch above average is a delusional comment in itself.
Well I’ll just put it to you like this so maybe you understand..they fired their coach for results that gets ours a raise.

Tons of ignored content in this thread, on my screen anyway. Have a great Sunday morning cat fans.

Well I’ll just put it to you like this so maybe you understand..they fired their coach for results that gets ours a raise.
They don’t care. They want drama and they’ll want the next coach fired after the first loss. It’s a bunch of insane people that he surely tunes out, as he should. Guarantee you some of these fools wanted Petrino hired. A huge number of idiots were pining for him back in the day.

Reactions: CGblue
That's like comparing scores, it doesn't work.
What are you even talking about? Quit over analyzing it. It’s true. We had a coach in limbo that nobody wanted. Now we’re stuck with the loser. End of story.

They don’t care. They want drama and they’ll want the next coach fired after the first loss. It’s a bunch of insane people that he surely tunes out, as he should. Guarantee you some of these fools wanted Petrino hired. A huge number of idiots were pining for him back in the day.
It doesn’t matter! They’re not alright with mediocre results. How can you blame them for that? That’s like an employee that quits a job cause they wanna better themselves. They feel like they’re above Mark Stoops and I don’t blame them for feeling that way.

And they never got over it.

Reactions: BlueCephus
I’m frustrated with the losses too but historical perspective makes me not as upset with 5 loss seasons as 8 loss seasons; and stoops has - at least - stopped the god awful, hopeless, 1AA talent level seasons. I’m not a pearl clutcher but who is coming here who will do better?
The out of conference schedule is so weak so that gives us 4 guaranteed wins every year. Beat Vandy and either Miss State, USC, Missouri and you are bowl eligible every year!! Stoops never, until yesterday, beats a higher ranked team. UK could hire most any football coach at a much lesser salary and get similar results

It’s a curious study.

In all of these threads we see the typical smears that Stoops’ ceiling is “7 or 8” wins, when he’s had ten wins twice, and smearing a fan base “happy with 6 wins and the toilet bowl,” though we haven’t dipped to a mere six wins since 2015, damn near a decade.

We have two tall, nationally ranked QB’s committed for the next two classes, and came close to pissing away whatever momentum Coen’s recruiting has developed, and likely a fair share of the ‘23 Class and any number of players who might have followed Stoops.

I guess the excitement of the unknown possibility of picking the next young Urban Meyer is the driving force . . . likely a 1 or 2 percent possibility, given the world of college football.

But hey, the wrist sliters are consistent: Stoops is terrible, the fan base is terrible, Barnhart is terrible, it was terrible Stoops was leaving, and it’s terrible Stoops is staying.

It’s just turble, turble!!!
I'm excited about Boley and Saunders but they won't make much of a difference if Stoops doesn't change his offensive philosophy. I mean we are the slowest pace team in college football. When you are at a talent disadvantage against your conference foes and you have so few opportunities to score, you better be really efficient at what you're doing. We are not. We didn't look well coached in any area this year (except FG kicker) and the whole team looked dysfunctional. Our punter even regressed.

When all this talk about Stoops to a&m started my initial reaction was there’s no way they fired Jimbo to hire Stoops. And I just couldn’t get past that. I believe in the end this is exactly what happened.
Stoop’s got the rug jerked out from under him and now it’s damage control.

2 out of 3 is good considering all the hires since Bear Bryant have been pretty shitty. Lol.

Basketball is back, not sure what you’ve been watching this year so far.
Let me know when the basketball team beats a top 10 team on a neutral court or away, then we can declare basketball is back.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluemist
Barnhart is responsible for hiring Brooks and Stoops - two of the more successful coaches at UK in our lifetimes.

But regardless - you can rest easy because Stoops is staying and Barnhart doesn’t have to hire a new coach.
A coach willing to look at another job isn't all that happy with the one he has.

I have no idea why you guys are so eager to jump on the coaching merry-go-round with no better than around 20-25% chance at improving. It makes no program sense.
Apparently Stoops was interested in jumping on. Given that, no reason to not think he's still interested. How does that help us?

If he could fix that single issue we'd average at least 1 more win per season. I'm still waiting on a candidate we could get who could recruit as well or better than Stoops and has the proven background to win at this level.
Why does a new coach need to be proven? Stoops wasn't.

A coach willing to look at another job isn't all that happy with the one he has.
I’m ok with a coach looking around it just is what it is. With stoops it just feels like he doesn’t know how to move things forward from here. In his own mind I think the only answer left is players…it’s not figuring out how to have an offense, adjusting schematically, being a more organized coach that can game manage better, running the org differently and changing out some of his buddy hires at this point or anything like that…so it’s all about him getting NIL because he’s locked into the only thing g left is players and he’s looking for somewhere to get it. While everybody wants more players there is also a coaching side to all of this and he can certainly make some improvement

It’s a curious study.

In all of these threads we see the typical smears that Stoops’ ceiling is “7 or 8” wins, when he’s had ten wins twice,
I think "ceiling" refers to average number wins/season. Throwing out first two years here, he's averaging 7.3-7.5. A postseason will keep that on track for the last two years. Net, accurate statement to me.

Why do you want to get rid of a coach that just beat their rival ranked 9th in the country. You people probably hate orgasms.
I hate overrated rivals. They have beaten nobody including ND. I mean they couldn't even beat mediocre us at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT