ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops will be gone in a year or two

I think "ceiling" refers to average number wins/season.
Lol.

No,

VH. In sports, and many other areas of life, a “ceiling” and a “floor,” or “base” are used to describe the heights beyond which one cannot rise, and the depth beyond which one cannot fall.

Hence posts describe Stoops’ floor as Brooks’ ceiling, and note the irony of the excitement for Brooks 8-5 seasons, and the angst for similar seasons under Stoops.

I hope this post has lifted the ceiling on your understanding of the urban dictionary.

Reactions: Hjack
Lol.

No,

VH. In sports, and many other areas of life, a “ceiling” and a “floor,” or “base” are used to describe the heights beyond which one cannot rise, and the depth beyond which one cannot fall.

Hence posts describe Stoops’ floor as Brooks’ ceiling, and note the irony of the excitement for Brooks 8-5 seasons, and the angst for similar seasons under Stoops.

I hope this post has lifted the ceiling on your understanding of the urban dictionary.
To each their own view. You wish to be technical, fine. Oh yea, he hasn't risen above the 7-8 average wins/yr ceiling.

What happened was the booster who bought out Jimbo didn't like the Stoops hire and told the AD he was going to be paying Stoops. That simple. Stoops was ready to go and take White, Coen, and Walker with him. How are the players gonna feel about this? I think we see a mass exodus this off-season.
I can't imagine the players buying the "I realized I can't leave Kentucky" narrative Stoops is selling.

It sounds like he had told the players he was leaving. Multiple legit source were saying on Twitter he was taking it. Then A&M fans lost their minds, and next thing you know Stoops had a change of heart.

Yes. At least I don’t have a loser mentality like you. Please step away so the motivated ones can push us to greener pastures.
Ohhhhhh, you big bad ass fan you. You’re running a clown operation from behind your PC. Where do you get your outfit?

Ohhhhhh, you big bad ass fan you. You’re running a clown operation from behind your PC. Where do you get your outfit?
And where are you jackass? Behind your PC also. You commented on my post.

Like I said, you and anybody else who is alright with beating four nobodies and maybe two or three bottom feeder SEC teams can go on.

You’re a damn loser and you always will be.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Watch out, sounds like this Cat is a major supporter of the program, and you are blocking him from pushing the program to the promised land!

Lol.

I hope he’s pushed at least a few hundred for season tickets!!

• Haha
Reactions: BlueCephus
Apparently Coen has addressed this and stated tempo will be addressed in the off season.
Depends who the QB is. Leary couldn't spit out the long playcalls because he didn't have experience with doing it before. Apparently that's why the playclock was ticking down to zero all the time.

That's why I think Will Rodgers would be an awful fit here. Another spread guy who hasn't been under center till this disaster yr. We need smart guys with pro style experience like Levis brought.

Reactions: Cats192
When all this talk about Stoops to a&m started my initial reaction was there’s no way they fired Jimbo to hire Stoops. And I just couldn’t get past that. I believe in the end this is exactly what happened.
Stoop’s got the rug jerked out from under him and now it’s damage control.

If I'm a school with that kind of NIL money and national championship ambitions, I would be pissed about Mark Stoops being hired for my school. He's 35-55 vs the SEC.

He's been good, great even--by Kentucky Football standards. In these threads, guys are always telling us how things could be a lot worse than they are with Stoops. At least Stoops gets us to a bowl every year. Who are we gonna get that goes better than 7-5?

A&M doesn't think that way. They think they can win. They won't accept 7-5. They won't accept 35-55. Stoops would have been fired A LONG time ago at A&M.

I appreciate the sentiment that A&M is an easier school to win at. I can buy that he may do a little better. I don't believe he starts going undefeated and competing for the Playoffs and National Championships. His coaching style won't win consistently enough at that level.

And where are you jackass? Behind your PC also. You commented on my post.

Like I said, you and anybody else who is alright with beating four nobodies and maybe two or three bottom feeder SEC teams can go on.

You’re a damn loser and you always will be.
lol. You sound like a guy that flunked out of middle school. Enjoy your misery.

That's why I think Will Rodgers would be an awful fit here.
I wondered when I heard the name why he would consider us? There is no shortage of Mummeesc offensive programs.

He was listed as a highly ranked pro-style QB from HS, though, FWIW.

2 out of 3 is good considering all the hires since Bear Bryant have been pretty shitty. Lol.

Basketball is back, not sure what you’ve been watching this year so far.
WBB sucks as well. Ditch Mitch, and I’m not talking about McConnell here ( although I don’t like him either)

Couldn’t be more wrong. College educated and a business owner for 6.5 years now here in central Kentucky that I started when I was 24.
I graduated from UK, dwarf any accomplishments you’ve ever had, or will ever have…… and your lawn cutting business does not impress. Grow up.

I graduated from UK, dwarf any accomplishments you’ve ever had and your lawn cutting business does not impress. Grow up.
Oh wow cause that’s totally unheard of! Cause I don’t have like five people in my immediate family who didn’t go to UK either. You’re a dime a dozen!

Matter of fact, a lot of dumbasses (like yourself) come from universities.

Definitely not a lawn care business either. Mine requires physical strength and is a trade. Something a softie like you wouldn’t know about.

Apparently Coen has addressed this and stated tempo will be addressed in the off season.
Yes he did address the tempo. But OC's have come and gone under Stoops and one thing remains consistent. The offense sucks. I know they played better today and I'm thankful for that but it's game 12 and we played one good game all year on offense.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Yes he did address the tempo. But OC's have come and gone under Stoops and one thing remains consistent. The offense sucks. I know they played better today and I'm thankful for that but it's game 12 and we played one good game all year on offense.
Another thing that remains consistent is the promise to change the offense in the offseason. Hasn’t happened yet. Maybe Charlie Brown kicks that football this time.

People are actually this dumb…
Dudes had 20 years at uk to get it right and we have a fb program that ascended quick and is now mediocre at best and our bb program has done negative things it hasn’t done 100 years. No Barney is a nightmare in sorry. 3 tournament misses and a losing season is inexcusable. A coach with a mammoth contract for a middling fb program is a terrible business decision. That’s not even bringing two of the worst coaches ever hired for fb and bb hired by Barney into the conversations

Depends who the QB is. Leary couldn't spit out the long playcalls because he didn't have experience with doing it before. Apparently that's why the playclock was ticking down to zero all the time.
No offense, but Stoops' desire for slow play & calling has always created the play clock running down issue.

I like Coen, but why do you think it would take an off season just to increase tempo?
The Big Lebowski Signings GIF

Last edited:
I think the criticisms of Stoops’ clock management, overall end of the half/game play calling, and performances in big games are all legitimate. I also think it’s fair that there are legitimate worries that those problems will never fully be fixed.

I don’t, however, understand why people keep claiming that we have peaked as a program and should only expect 7-8 wins at best. We’ve obviously had two ten win seasons. Two respectable bowl wins. 8 straight bowl games and counting. Nearly every major embarrassing streak broken. Significant winning streaks against other mid level SEC teams.

Only thing Stoops has not done is make a NY6 bowl or win a “big one” against the Georgia and Alabamas of the world, but then again most coaches go entire careers without winning such a game. I still believe in this program and I don’t think it’s irrational to think there are still some great seasons ahead.

Last edited:
I think the criticisms of Stoops’ clock management, overall end of the half/game play calling, and performances in big games are all legitimate. I also think it’s fair that there are legitimate worries that those problems will never fully be fixed.

I don’t, however, understand why people keep claiming that we have peaked as a program and should only expect 7-8 wins. We’ve obviously had two ten win seasons. Two respectable bowl wins. 8 straight bowl games and counting. Nearly every major embarrassing streak broken. Significant winning streaks against other mid level SEC teams.

Only thing Stoops has not done is make a NY6 bowl or win a “big one” against the Georgia and Alabamas of the world, but then again most coaches go entire careers without winning such a game. I still believe in this program and I don’t think it’s irrational to think there are still some great seasons ahead.
THANK YOU!!

Reactions: ConRay9
Painfully obvious the guy wants out of here. His NIL comments and the comment about ''you try to coach here''. Dude know he's at his limits here and is dying to bolt.
If Stoops "wanted out of here", he would be gone now. He just turned down an opportunity for more money and a much larger recruiting footprint at an SEC west school flush with money. Stoops comes from a family of football coaches including big brother Bob. Stoops knows he has to work hard and take some cheap shots along the way. He is living the life he chose and doing pretty well at it.
I don't think this ends well. He had 1 foot out of the door. It started raing and he ran back in like a scared dog.
Or, he got everything he wanted. Have you considered that, seeing as how it is obvious?

• Haha
Reactions: ManitouDan
If Stoops "wanted out of here", he would be gone now. He just turned down an opportunity for more money and a much larger recruiting footprint at an SEC west school flush with money. Stoops comes from a family of football coaches including big brother Bob. Stoops knows he has to work hard and take some cheap shots along the way. He is living the life he chose and doing pretty well at it.
Or, he got everything he wanted. Have you considered that, seeing as how it is obvious?
YOUR narrative that Stoops turned down A & M for his love of Kentucky is specious at best. But never mind me. Carry on with your agenda.
Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

I like Coen, but why do you think it would take an of season just to increase tempo?
The Big Lebowski Signings GIF
I suspect it is personnel based, and he politely didn’t throw Leary under the bus.

And future QB’s (hopefully) will have more experience either in a pro-style system from whence they transfer, or in our own.

I can definitely see him coaching another couple years and retiring.
Very likely the only scenario. He'd need a couple years of 8-4 or better with meaty wins in the SEC or over ranked teams to be seriously considered for another job that would pay similarly.

I'm still dumbfounded, however, that he is being paid $9m freaking dollars a year. WTF.

Two respectable bowl wins. 8 straight bowl games and counting. Nearly every major embarrassing streak broken. Significant winning streaks against other mid level SEC teams.
I would include our defeat of 22nd ranked NC State in the 2020 Gator Bowl as a respectable bowl victory.

We also possessed the nations longest OOC winning streak for a year, with wins over 4 ranked OOC opponents.

Reactions: ConRay9 and Hjack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT