ADVERTISEMENT

Can Sheppard be a factor in coaching search?

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
I haven’t seen this discussed specifically.

Is there a possibility that there is a Coach that will want to come here to coach Reed and that Reed would be willing to stick around for?

We hear about NBA types who have “nothing” to bring and various other concerns around next year’s roster, but Sheppard seems like a unique piece in that he’s a homegrown talent who might be willing to stick around and a coach might see it as a great opportunity to have a potential POY on his roster in Year 1 of a “rebuild”.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot here, but at least I’m not just re-posting rumors.

I haven’t seen this discussed specifically.

Is there a possibility that there is a Coach that will want to come here to coach Reed and that Reed would be willing to stick around for?

We hear about NBA types who have “nothing” to bring and various other concerns around next year’s roster, but Sheppard seems like a unique piece in that he’s a homegrown talent who might be willing to stick around and a coach might see it as a great opportunity to have a potential POY on his roster in Year 1 of a “rebuild”.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot here, but at least I’m not just re-posting rumors.
Why is it got to be Sheppard? Why not Rex?

Only joking of course.

He absolutely should have zero say in who the next coach is. Good God people. Even if he comes back. He will be here 1 years tops.
Why would a player who might come back for 1 year have any say is who the next head coach will be? Unbelievable

I think he's going to be fine with whoever. Or, he doesn't really care because he's leaning towards the NBA.

Either way, not sure he's gonna care. He and his camp have to know he showed out BIG time this year.. and with an actually decent Xs and Os coach (all of these candidates are), he's going to thrive.

Even Scott Drew, imagine the damage Shep would have done being apart of that Baylor title team. Like take off Adam Flagler from that team and add Sheppard. Good lord..

Reactions: Fox2monk
He absolutely should have zero say in who the next coach is. Good God people. Even if he comes back. He will be here 1 years tops.
Why would a player who might come back for 1 year have any say is who the next head coach will be? Unbelievable

I never said he would have say in who the next coach is.

People are so emotional and spastic.

Reactions: Aike
So you're saying there's a chance?

I think Sheppard needs to leave. I would love to see him another year, but the numbers he put up this year would be hard to match. You need to leave while your stock is the highest. He will be taking care of generations of family members if he goes high in the NBA draft.

The problem with Cal is he couldn't keep players even if they had second round stock.

Reactions: UKUGA and Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT