ADVERTISEMENT

Steph Curry

On that box out + board + foul he had in the first half on Howard.....you could almost hear Dwight's balls retracting into his body. I almost feel bad for him.

I don't, tho

Reactions: maverick1
LOL @ulismyman

Ulis runs his mouth as much as anybody. I agree that there is sometimes a fine line between cocky and confident, but when you got it, you got it.

Guy makes it look easy, like he isn't trying! Great talent. The question is can it be sustained for more than 1 season. Hope so.

Guy makes it look easy, like he isn't trying! Great talent. The question is can it be sustained for more than 1 season. Hope so.
He's been doing it like that for a couple years now. The rest of the team finally clicked though. Curry is the smartest player in the game right now. He sees things develop before anyone else.

Let's not act like Curry didn't hit 482 uncontested 3 pointers this series. My Rockets made Austin Rivers look good. Anyone who watches the NBA saw this coming. No Beverly = Rockets getting blown out by GSW.

Personally, I don't think Curry is as good as everyone says he is, and I STILL don't think he's MVP. Game 1 and 2, he had wide open shots from all over the arc because Houston is a terrible defensive team. Freaking Jason Terry was guarding him AND he was going over the top to chase him.. Terrible. Meanwhile Harden does everything he can to take the game over with Thompson in his shorts all game, yet he still made contested jumper after contested jumper.

Curry should send Thompson a gift basket after every game. Klay makes curry's job MUCH easier.

Lebron and the Cavs in 6. If you guys think Curry is having a great few games, Lebron is losing his mind then. He's absolutely taking over WITH a plethora of key injuries around him. Curry and GSW are just in his way at this point.

This Golden State team is the best we've seen in a while. LeBron isn't beating them by himself. Cleveland should be happy just making the finals.

Lebron and the Cavs in 6. If you guys think Curry is having a great few games, Lebron is losing his mind then. He's absolutely taking over WITH a plethora of key injuries around him. Curry and GSW are just in his way at this point.

I think you are being overly critical of Curry and his success while being rather kind to Lebron.

Lebron is playing with more injured opponents than Curry and the GSW is. Atlanta is completely depleted, Bulls were injured (Gasol), and boston celtics is their first round match up. I mean...come on. Not to mention, Cleveland has looked better a lot of times with out Irving, because he is way too ball dominant.

Anyways, What Curry is doing is freaking impressive. How can he thank Thompson...he did most of the work himself yesterday. He get's open because he runs around like crazy.

The way they are playing, i would say GSW will win the title. Lebron will look impressive tho, but if they don't overly react to Lebron and go man to man.

Again, and this should stand testament as I'm a Rockets fan.. but Houston is not a good team right now. LAC collapsed, and now GSW gets to play a Houston team that has 2.5 of 5 starters. A hobbled Dwight (all year actually), No Beverly, and no DoMo. They came into the playoffs bleeding pretty bad. Cavs playing other injured teams isn't quite the same as GSW playing injured teams, while fully healthy.

As for Curry, I don't just mean on the offensive end. Thompson is one of the best on-ball defenders in the league.. what was he like 1st team All-D? That's a HUGE help for Curry. Harden now has to guard Curry on one end while having Thompson all over him at the other end. Takes a lot of pressure off Curry who otherwise, might have to guard Harden. Keeps him fresher. Plus having a dead-eye shooter in Thompson pays dividends for Curry anyways. How do you stop that?! You can't. You have to check Thompson almost as much as you have to check Curry. Just not sure how Curry would fair without Thompson as a running mate. He's still a fantastic ball player, regardless.

Again, and this should stand testament as I'm a Rockets fan.. but Houston is not a good team right now. LAC collapsed, and now GSW gets to play a Houston team that has 2.5 of 5 starters. A hobbled Dwight (all year actually), No Beverly, and no DoMo. They came into the playoffs bleeding pretty bad. Cavs playing other injured teams isn't quite the same as GSW playing injured teams, while fully healthy.

As for Curry, I don't just mean on the offensive end. Thompson is one of the best on-ball defenders in the league.. what was he like 1st team All-D? That's a HUGE help for Curry. Harden now has to guard Curry on one end while having Thompson all over him at the other end. Takes a lot of pressure off Curry who otherwise, might have to guard Harden. Keeps him fresher. Plus having a dead-eye shooter in Thompson pays dividends for Curry anyways. How do you stop that?! You can't. You have to check Thompson almost as much as you have to check Curry. Just not sure how Curry would fair without Thompson as a running mate. He's still a fantastic ball player, regardless.

you say that but the best defense done on Harden wasn't Thompson and his scoring have been pretty poor. Yesterday was their best against Harden and they utilized Barnes and Green more on Harden.

Curry has been 8 times game top scorer in this playoff run in 13 games. While 5 times game high assists. He's ballin'.

He's one of the best ball handler in the game and also the shooter. Not just spot up shooter like Korver, but every type of shooting there is.

Reactions: UKcats1988
Its not just a Curry thing...Lebron dies it too...Lebron has an one and struts around like a peacock....you are best player on planet...thats what you are supposed to do...just play the game...leave the mouthing and strutting alone....we get it you are good

Lol at someone trying to downplay what Curry is doing. Especially when he is killing your team. Dude just put up 40 points and 19 shots and you're saying he's not that good? I get sour grapes, but jeez. What Curry is doing is showing is that basketball is a game of skill, not running into people and hoping you get a call.

Reactions: EliteBlue

As for Curry, I don't just mean on the offensive end. Thompson is one of the best on-ball defenders in the league.. what was he like 1st team All-D? That's a HUGE help for Curry.

No, not even second team all defense, he's a pretty good defender though. Kerr actually switched Barnes onto Harden a lot in game 3 because Harden was having his way with Thompson. Trying to downplay Curry at this moment, after this season is laughable though.

Last edited:
Steph is the best shooter ever. Lebron is more valuable, though. Replace Lebron with Steph on the Cavs, and they don't win the East. The only team that could beat Golden State was San Antonio. Golden State has the most stacked roster (two first-time coaches will play for a title; one has the best player, and the other has the best roster), and they are by far the healthiest in the NBA. Golden State would have to choke hard to lose. There is a reason that Mark Jackson got canned; he should have contended for the West title. They get to play four opponents in the playoffs; all four teams will have starters missing multiple games in each series. Memphis was at full-strength for three games, and won two of them. Golden State is good, but the NBA has suffered more injuries across the board this season, than any season in recent memory. Golden State has been lucky enough to be the only full-healthy team in the NBA.

Reactions: LineSkiCat

Yeah, we all agree with you. With Beverly, the rockets are champions. Without him, they suck. Haha. With or without, the warriors are 10x better than the overrated rockets. Any team counting on Dwight Howard and James Harden to lead them are screwed from the start. Neither of those players have what it takes to lead, or even know what it means to be a leader of a team. What a joke of a roster.

Yeah, we all agree with you. With Beverly, the rockets are champions. Without him, they suck. Haha. With or without, the warriors are 10x better than the overrated rockets. Any team counting on Dwight Howard and James Harden to lead them are screwed from the start. Neither of those players have what it takes to lead, or even know what it means to be a leader of a team. What a joke of a roster.

The mere fact that the Rockets are the two-seed and are playing for a West title is a testament to how much of a joke the NBA is. This is in large part to all of the injuries across the board. If Golden State loses more than two games the rest of the way, they would have choked hard. With Beverly, the Rockets lose in 5 or 6. Without him, Steph shoots 60 percent from the floor and from the three.

I never said any of that, but ok. Seems to me some people here want to dog the Rockets while praising Curry for his performance in the WCF.. well which is it? Can't really have it both ways. If Rockets suck, then is what Curry is doing (~30ppg) really that special? With just how close the Western Conference 2-6 seeds were, I'd go as far to say that THIS current Rockets squad might not make the playoffs. At best they'd have been the 7 seed. You can laugh all you want about Beverly, but when he's the only true defender on the team, and the only point guard other than Jason Terry and Pablo Prigioni, he's pretty damn important.

I'm just not quite ready to king Curry quite yet is all. Having him shoot 3-pointers while the Jet is 10 feet behind him is more testament to how bad the Rockets are right now, then how good Curry is.

And by the way, not sour grapes at all. I thought LAC was winning in 6 but they absolutely choked it away. I'm ecstatic how far the Rockets have gone, and they came together when it counted despite being the most injury riddled team not named OKC and Chicago. Very proud of how they played. Sour grapes would be if I blamed the refs or said so-and-so was cheating. GSW has earned each of these 3 wins, 100%. The Rockets are just running out of gas and have match-up nightmares against a team with Curry AND Thompson. I'm hoping for one win at home but I'm fearing the sweep.

ADVERTISEMENT