ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say (5/6/24 update)

So no news?
Sounds like Pope wants to add 1 more stretch 4 and a "superstar" caliber player (a la Robinson). Talked a bit more about how several of the guys are great catch and shoot 3 point shooters even if not overall great 3 pt shooters (Butler/Oweh). Hope is that Pope's system will get these guys a lot of in rhythm catch and shoot 3s and so will shoot much better overall.

I have a hard time putting much faith into anything KSR or Jones put out anymore. From the outright lies about Arkansas doubling our NIL offers to being completely wrong (perhaps on purpose?) on Thiero and other prospects they just don’t inspire confidence.

I know he catches flack from many on here but Trilly has been very accurate on what he calls (no one bats 100 in this industry but he’s pretty close) and I do enjoy reading his insights on here (from those who pay for his services).

Sounds like Pope wants to add 1 more stretch 4 and a "superstar" caliber player (a la Robinson). Talked a bit more about how several of the guys are great catch and shoot 3 point shooters even if not overall great 3 pt shooters (Butler/Oweh). Hope is that Pope's system will get these guys a lot of in rhythm catch and shoot 3s and so will shoot much better overall.
Lotta talk about Lanier, hope we scoop him somehow.

Cant handle listening to Smith, its like watching paint dry. And he loves to hear himself talk.

I have a hard time putting much faith into anything KSR or Jones put out anymore. From the outright lies about Arkansas doubling our NIL offers to being completely wrong (perhaps on purpose?) on Thiero and other prospects they just don’t inspire confidence.

I know he catches flack from many on here but Trilly has been very accurate on what he calls (no one bats 100 in this industry but he’s pretty close) and I do enjoy reading his insights on here (from those who pay for his services).
If you want to hate on Matt or KSR that he doesnt own anymore, do it for something legit, Matt Norlander reported that days before Matt said it. Trilly, i mean Matt Norlander heard it from several contacts that werent UK contacts.

The issue I have with the podcast isn't the delivery or the personalities. My issue is that they typically frame everything in the most positive light.

They did a good job covering the abilities of the incoming players, but they downplayed the need for a legitimate scorer. If we don't get at least one high-level scorer, we're going to struggle next year.

They should be willing to say things like that. We simply don't have enough guys who can get Kentucky 15-20 points on any given night. We have about 7 who can get to double digits, but we lack end-game firepower.

This is why getting someone like Lanier is so critical to next year's success. I actually don't think that can be duplicated with Robinson. He's limited in ways Lanier is not.

Your boy Trilly also reported and confirmed the Ark/Jerry Jones thing

How can a brown cow eat green grass and give white milk?
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

The issue I have with the podcast isn't the delivery or the personalities. My issue is that they typically frame everything in the most positive light.

They did a good job covering the abilities of the incoming players, but they downplayed the need for a legitimate scorer. If we don't get at least one high-level scorer, we're going to struggle next year.

They should be willing to say things like that. We simply don't have enough guys who can get Kentucky 15-20 points on any given night. We have about 7 who can get to double digits, but we lack end-game firepower.

This is why getting someone like Lanier is so critical to next year's success. I actually don't think that can be duplicated with Robinson. He's limited in ways Lanier is not.
Yeah, Robinson wouldn't even be in my top 3 of must gets to this team. Give me Lanier, Richmond, or Wells over Robinson.

If you want to hate on Matt or KSR that he doesnt own anymore, do it for something legit, Matt Norlander reported that days before Matt said it. Trilly, i mean Matt Norlander heard it from several contacts that werent UK contacts.
So two people read my post without reading it fully. I said, very clearly, that no one bats 100. But I have yet to see anyone get calls right more often than him.

Matt Jones reported the Ark nonsense that I saw. I never saw Trilly report that. But Jones is wrong a LOT. Like more often than when he’s right. You can ride his lap all you want but leave me out of it. I don’t swing that way.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I listen but it’s not great. Locked on Kentucky has been solid. Lots of stats and facts with minimal editorializing. I’d recommend it if you’re looking for a UK focused podcast.

I agree , personally I would like to have Robinson but I’d rather have Lanier and /or Richmond from Seton Hall and then get Anchor for the power forward spot. Any two of these will definitely help make us a lot better. I really want Anchor and one or two of the others. lol. Hope that’s how it happens but that’s a big hope I guess. I think it’s more possible than a lot of people are thinking. Who knows. Honestly I’m going to be happy with anyone we bring in because I believe in this staff and think they’ll get the best team in place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT