ADVERTISEMENT

So...WR room seems like it's gonna be talented

Oh I agree. BB frustrated me as much as ANY player last season with his effort and lack of results for a kid that was portrayed to be a game-changing WR.
BB was just named a first team All American by the Sporting News. We can enter your post in the competition for the most poorly timed comment.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
BB was just named a first team All American by the Sporting News. We can enter your post in the competition for the most poorly timed comment.
As a Kick Returner NOT a WR.

You are always calling out others for NOT KNOWING the whole story about UK Football, yet YOU are doing the EXACT same thing here.

BB has ENORMOUS potential as a WR, but had a disappointing season as a WR.

Now as a Kick Returner, he was OBVIOUSLY great.

BB is a talent, no doubt. He was certainly not AA as a WR last year. Made some very fine catches, dropped more. He has so much potential. Just needs to learn some of the nuances of being a WR - using your body on 50/50 balls, getting off of press coverage, blocking, running crisp routes, etc. He can grow into a monster weapon (which, obviously, he's already there as a KR), just not there yet. He's frustrating because you can see the athleticism, the ability to take a 'meh' play for big yardage but, at times, it doesn't feel like he's really going 100%, gets winded/dinged up, will drop an easy one or get stripped of the ball, etc. The poster you were replying to was talking about his production as a receiver for which he definitely wasn't an AA last year. The potential is just as obviously there. Just has to put in the work to get more polished as a WR (as does everyone on the team).

BB is a talent, no doubt. He was certainly not AA as a WR last year. Made some very fine catches, dropped more. He has so much potential. Just needs to learn some of the nuances of being a WR - using your body on 50/50 balls, getting off of press coverage, blocking, running crisp routes, etc. He can grow into a monster weapon (which, obviously, he's already there as a KR), just not there yet. He's frustrating because you can see the athleticism, the ability to take a 'meh' play for big yardage but, at times, it doesn't feel like he's really going 100%, gets winded/dinged up, will drop an easy one or get stripped of the ball, etc. The poster you were replying to was talking about his production as a receiver for which he definitely wasn't an AA last year. The potential is just as obviously there. Just has to put in the work to get more polished as a WR (as does everyone on the team).
Agree. No way BB is a number one receiver on an SEC team at this point in his career but unfortunately we treated him like that this year. Hopefully these new guys push him to get better.

As a Kick Returner NOT a WR.

I didn't say he was named as a WR. You are fabircating a point that does not exist. We all know that didn't happen.

You are always calling out others for NOT KNOWING the whole story about UK Football, yet YOU are doing the EXACT same thing here.

Complete nonsense. You get called out here, and not only be me, because you post like a fire engine chaser. But I comment on football. I never made it personal like you do.

BB has ENORMOUS potential as a WR, but had a disappointing season as a WR.

Now as a Kick Returner, he was OBVIOUSLY great.

You don't say.

• Haha
I didn't say he was named as a WR. You are fabircating a point that does not exist. We all know that didn't happen.

Complete nonsense. You get called out here, and not only be me, because you post like a fire engine chaser. But I comment on football. I never made it personal like you do.
The WHOLE thread was about Wide Receiver play. You were using the fact that BB was named an All-American as a kick returner as a way to make my post seem like it was, in YOUR OWN words, "poorly timed". When the whole premise of my points were about his WR play and had NOTHING to do with his Kick return ability.

What's "nonsense" is your know it all attitude toward ANYONE that OPPOSES your viewpoint. And, once AGAIN, you are the one that "makes it personal" by feeling the need to REBUT posts that go against your opinion. Then you want to push that opinion as fact, which is hilarious.

We need to enter your post in the out of touch competition.

The WHOLE thread was about Wide Receiver play. You were using the fact that BB was named an All-American as a kick returner as a way to make my post seem like it was, in YOUR OWN words, "poorly timed". When the whole premise of my points were about his WR play and had NOTHING to do with his Kick return ability.

What's "nonsense" is your know it all attitude toward ANYONE that OPPOSES your viewpoint. And, once AGAIN, you are the one that "makes it personal" by feeling the need to REBUT posts that go against your opinion. Then you want to push that opinion as fact, which is hilarious.

We need to enter your post in the out of touch competition.

My interest here is football. As I responded earlier, I address my comments to football. Not you. If someone disagrees with your opinions about football, you lash out with personal insults. Then if the object of your anger offers a factual defense against your attack, you escalate. Just as you have done here.

My interest here is football. As I responded earlier, I address my comments to football. Not you. If someone disagrees with your opinions about football, you lash out with personal insults. Then if the object of your anger offers a factual defense against your attack, you escalate. Just as you have done here.
You don’t say.

The difference between me and you is I defend my stance, where you resort to insults when called out on yours.

So, the ignore feature is your friend if you consider my opinions as “lashing out “.

Last edited:
You don’t say.

The difference between me and you is I defend my stance, where you resort to insults when called out on yours.

So, the ignore feature is your friend if you consider my opinions as “lashing out “.
Nonsense. You attack others when they don't agree with you. Most of us are here to discuss football.

Reactions: Colonial Farm 80
Did you respond to the wrong post or did you just imagine I wrote something about Dane Key not being able to make tough catches?

Dane Key had a difficult Soph season. It was pretty obvious he not only got into his own head, but he was getting a lot of "advice" from people outside the program that affected his play on the field.

This came from CMS, not the fans.

In football, you have to be either all in on the team or you need to be all out.
I love DK potential and proud that he is a legacy recruit. But only DK and his family/advisors can decide whether he wants to be at UK going forward. Other than NIL, the fans/ boosters will have little to say about his ultimate decision.

I hope he stays, gets his head right, and plays up to his potential.
just now getting back to this, but Yes, my post was initially responding to you regarding the possibility of him leaving, the rest was directed at the myriad of posters who act like he can't catch the ball to save his life and grossly exaggerate his problem with dropped passes. The rest was also my opinion that he shouldn't be difficult to keep home. He's sort of a fan favorite when he's making big plays and his being a local kid could make him a hometown hero, something i think he loses going elsewhere.

Reactions: cathouse and catben
Just read another article on Maclin talking about how good he is. We are so fortunate to get him, at the time I did not know how good he was. But when you read his history and stats this guy is like a college football super star with what all his has done on different levels. A true threat for six every time he is thrown. Knows how to go get the ball, tremendous speed and sure handed. Route running must be excellent also. He has excelled at the boundary and the little bit he has been in the slot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT