ADVERTISEMENT

So...WR room seems like it's gonna be talented

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Returnees + Porter staying + Cottrell. Nice.

Throw in Vandagriff and, on paper, passing attack could be potent.

Have to give Stoops & co. a lot of credit as they seem to do well in the portal season. Every transfer doesn't work out, of course, but we've definitely benefited from this new era.

If we can fill a few more holes, we should all be encouraged by the team's potential in 2024. I'm not going to buy into the preseason hype but the team on paper should look pretty solid.

Edit: just noticed autocorrect changed Porter to Peter. No idea why.

Last edited:
Returnees + Peter staying + Cottrell. Nice.

Have to give Stoops & co. a lot of credit as they seem to do well in the portal season. Every transfer doesn't work out, of course, but we've definitely benefited from this new era.

If we can fill a few more holes, we should all be encouraged by the team's potential in 2024. I'm not going to buy into the preseason hype but the team on paper should look pretty solid.
Pretty amazing, to me, that we've gained more in the portal than we've lost. I did not expect that to be the case.

Pretty amazing, to me, that we've gained more in the portal than we've lost. I did not expect that to be the case.
Getting a highly rated QB from the best football program in the country was a huge factor. Seeing all the passes dropped was another factor - not because they were dropped - but because in reality UK is passing enough to keep players energized about playing here. Finally, Coen's reputation and the game against Louisville was a huge selling point for the future of the offense and what it is capable of doing next season.

Go Big Blue!

Returnees + Peter staying + Cottrell. Nice.

Vandagriff isn’t a passer like that.

Priority 1 for staff and team overall is get Key and Vandagriff on the same page. That needs to be the center/focus of the offense going forward.

Key needs to be let loose. He's 6'3, he's had potential from day one, he's shown glimpses. Barely 500 yds is inexcusable.

Haven't seen enough, don't know enough about the other guys.

Priority 2, TE room needs to get more involved. They need to be a threat in the passing game not only for overall production, moving chains, etc. but to open things up for Key and whoever emerges as #2 WR.

Priority 1 for staff and team overall is get Key and Vandagriff on the same page. That needs to be the center/focus of the offense going forward.

Key needs to be let loose. He's 6'3, he's had potential from day one, he's shown glimpses. Barely 500 yds is inexcusable.

Priority 2, TE room needs to get more involved. They need to be a threat in the passing game not only for overall production, moving chains, etc. but to open things up for Key and whoever emerges as #2 WR.
You can’t give everyone the touches they want/need/deserve when running less than 60 offensive plays per game.

That falls on one man only. Coach Stoops has to let the offense go faster!

You must be wanting 50 passes a game not happening here still have to be balanced and Key needs to catch the balls coming his way instead of dropping them.

I guess I disagree unless some of these guys make a big jump from this year to next. None of these players have proven they can consistently be go-to receivers. I think we need to get a proven commodity in the portal before we get excited about this group. Add in the fact that our QB will basically have no live experience, and we may need to lean on the running game early next year. Remember, our WRs were supposed to be some of the best in the SEC this year and they ended up being some of the worst. We have talent but not much experience and skill. Our offense could really struggle again next year. Getting a decent WR coach will help.

Last edited:

Is that you, Ryan???😂😂

Reactions: gg4uk and Doodah859
I hope so but accuracy and zip on the ball are his flaws as a QB. Y’all are the type to put unrealistic expectations on the kid then trash him later.
Not sure where you are getting this from but it's the opposite of what I've read about him. What I've read suggests he has a strong arm, can make every NFL throw, and puts a lot of zip on the ball.

I hope so but accuracy and zip on the ball are his flaws as a QB. Y’all are the type to put unrealistic expectations on the kid then trash him later.
So you criticize a player's skill set before he steps on the field at UK, but get a hizzy fit when someone criticizes a 9 million a year coach.

Duly noted you fraud

So you criticize a player's skill set before he steps on the field at UK, but get a hizzy fit when someone criticizes a 9 million a year coach.

Duly noted you fraud
I speak my opinion on a players skillet and call out agenda posters like yourself who make 100% negative posts. There’s plenty of film out there, check it out for yourself and judge before you call it criticism. I didn’t say he sucks or any of the BS you spew to trash the team.

Fake UK fan, you’re the fraud. You’re mad right now that you can’t post negative messages about the basketball team.

Just interested to know how many of the people posting about Vandagriff's weak arm have ever watched his film. Watch his Hudl film. He shows a lot. Can throw off platform. Can throw on the run. Moves really well. Can drop the ball over linebackers. Throws a very watchable ball. Doesn't just throw darts. He doesn't throw a lot of deep balls on that film but toward the end of it he launches one that covers 50 yards in the air and hits his receiver on the money. He didn't look like he was throwing the ball as hard as he could. He has plenty of arm.

I speak my opinion on a players skillet and call out agenda posters like yourself who make 100% negative posts. There’s plenty of film out there, check it out for yourself and judge before you call it criticism. I didn’t say he sucks or any of the BS you spew to trash the team.

Fake UK fan, you’re the fraud. You’re mad right now that you can’t post negative messages about the basketball team.

UGA insiders who have been watching this guy for three years in practice say he has a strong arm and good accuracy. I'll take their feedback and knowledge over you clicking on whatever film you are talking about.
But thanks for negative thoughts

UGA insiders who have been watching this guy for three years in practice say he has a strong arm and good accuracy. I'll take their feedback and knowledge over you clicking on whatever film you are talking about.
Yeah, some of these people wouldn't know the difference between a curl route and a 1-3-1 zone.

Imagine crying over someone’s opinion of a player’s attributes. LOL at the unhinged mob on this board always in their feelings. Negative thoughts says the guy who will be the first one trashing him, Stoops, Coen , and the WRs at the first sight of adversity. LOL at your fake outrage, I hope you score some message board points from it.

If somebody will post the Twitter video of Terry Wilson throwing the 85 yd TD inside Nutter then I’ll take a closer look at Vandergriff 🍺
Terry Wilson was always a really good deep ball guy. He struggled with medium stuff. So it was either bomb or dink and dunk. But Terry was a really good deep ball guy, as was Stephen Johnson.

Imagine crying over someone’s opinion of a player’s attributes. LOL at the unhinged mob on this board always in their feelings. Negative thoughts says the guy who will be the first one trashing him, Stoops, Coen , and the WRs at the first sight of adversity. LOL at your fake outrage, I hope you score some message board points from it.
Or self righteous crying over someone's criticism of a 9 million dollar coach who constantly makes stupid comments...

Cuts both way Tex...go find some more players to criticize...it's your thing

Reactions: Pike 96
Terry Wilson was always a really good deep ball guy. He struggled with medium stuff. So it was either bomb or dink and dunk. But Terry was a really good deep ball guy, as was Stephen Johnson.
Man….you can’t find a handful of deep balls Terry Wilson threw accurate. The one to Bowden in swamp may be like less then a handful he hit in three years

But I can show you tons of deep fly patterns thrown a few yards out of bounds.

Terry was not able to throw deep with accuracy

Man….you can’t find a handful of deep balls Terry Wilson threw accurate. The one to Bowden in swamp may be like less then a handful he hit in three years

But I can show you tons of deep fly patterns thrown a few yards out of bounds.

Terry was not able to throw deep with accuracy
We had a underclassman LBJ as our only real receiving threat. And if you don't remember LBJ as a freshman was not mister wonderful. He almost quit football, was in the coaches dog house wasn't performing that good overall. Terry is a marginal at best QB but the whole passing operation was horrible. He could sling the ball much better deep than anything however aside from a mediocre freshman bowden the best receiver was a walk on.

Or self righteous crying over someone's criticism of a 9 million dollar coach who constantly makes stupid comments...

Cuts both way Tex...go find some more players to criticize...it's your thing
I didn’t cry of your criticism over a coach. I laughed at you for taking coach speak literally. You’re such an unhinged Cal hater anything other than Cal sucks is defending him. You group of Karen's are a joke, y’all are so ate up you made the Ohtani thread about Cal. Get a life and stop crying fake fan.

Reactions: Seakat311
I didn’t cry of your criticism over a coach. I laughed at you for taking coach speak literally. You’re such an unhinged Cal hater anything other than Cal sucks is defending him. You group of Karen's are a joke, y’all are so ate up you made the Ohtani thread about Cal. Get a life and stop crying fake fan.
Don't do drugs............You will live a better life. You are welcome in advance.

Reactions: Jont0805
Get a real life and stop being and unhinged message board lunatic obsessed with a basketball coach. You are welcome in advance.
Gee...you're slipping....you left out Karen....Did a Karen dump you years ago? You seem obsessed with that word.

And guess what? When our coach quits making idiotic statements, well you know and I know, that won't happen.

Sweet dreams petunia and don't do drugs.

Gee...you're slipping....you left out Karen....Did a Karen dump you years ago? You seem obsessed with that word.

And guess what? When our coach quits making idiotic statements, well you know and I know, that won't happen.

Sweet dreams petunia and don't do drugs.
You got anything on Vandagriff or the WRs or are you gonna continue to cry over your obsession?

You got anything on Vandagriff or the WRs or are you gonna continue to cry over your obsession?
I promise I won't criticize someone's skill set, whom I have never seen take a snap...unlike some here.........hint: get a mirror.

Vandagriff isn’t a passer like that.

No one knows what kind of passer he is at the SEC level. He put up some big numbers in HS, but it was the smallest classification the GHSA supports. But so did Hershel Walker and he turned out to be pretty good. It's a wait and see thing, but from what he got to play at UGA i though he was a better runner.

You know what's unexcusable ? The 20 + Drops Key had this Season. That's on him, no one else. Same goes for Brown.

He has a sweet skillet does he? Vintage iron or what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT