ADVERTISEMENT

So the Bengals want fewer NFL free agents and more turnover?

It looks like they're gonna wait till Collins is healthy to make a decision. They save mire cap space that way. If williams wins the RT spot which is expected Collins is gone
Looks like Williams is asking for a trade after they signed Brown. About $12mil cap savings and might let them keep Collins and see if he can heal up and play RT.
Taylor was quoted as expecting Williams to compete for that RT spot and how he's always been reliable.

As far as Zeke, he was much more neutral. 🤣

Seems like I've heard the Oregon State TE thrown around in more than one mock draft as our first pick.
That seems high for Musgrave. Maybe cincy likes him but most I've read has him 4th or 5th best TE. Depending on how things fall They could get a good RT or CB there. Possibly Gibbs at RB. If it's a Mayer or Kincaid at 28 I could see that

Reactions: Jdhays21 and CB3UK
That seems high for Musgrave. Maybe cincy likes him but most I've read has him 4th or 5th best TE. Depending on how things fall They could get a good RT or CB there. Possibly Gibbs at RB. If it's a Mayer or Kincaid at 28 I could see that
Lance was talking about us drafting some CB with our first pick on WLW tonight. Can't remember his name.

RB and TE were already needs and both could be backups. The Bengals named Mixon a captain last year and will likely give him the benefit of the doubt or perhaps until he's found guilty. They have $5.5 million dead cap reasons to be patient with him.

Should be an interesting draft for the Bengals. Lot of good RBs available in later rounds I believe.

I think it will be defense in the first round unless some very high pick on their board falls that far on offensive side to 28th.

Hill last year in the 1st round turned out to be the right pick.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Should be an interesting draft for the Bengals. Lot of good RBs available in later rounds I believe.

I think it will be defense in the first round unless some very high pick on their board falls that far on offensive side to 28th.

Hill last year in the 1st round turned out to be the right pick.
Did it? Hill played some and should get aot better. Their 2nd rd CB balled out. Maybe Hill improves and becomes a great DB, but in the 1st rd you need to get a guy that come in and play.

Did it? Hill played some and should get aot better. Their 2nd rd CB balled out. Maybe Hill improves and becomes a great DB, but in the 1st rd you need to get a guy that come in and play.
Imagine if they hadn't drafted him. He's gotta a season of playing with Bates and Bell. I'd say it worked out pretty well.

Imagine if they hadn't drafted him. He's gotta a season of playing with Bates and Bell. I'd say it worked out pretty well.
I mean look at the guys that went right after him. Pitre safety had 5 picks and 99 tackles, McCreary 70 tackles and an INT, Brisker 73 Tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT, or Gordon 55 tackles and 3 INTs. They all had better seasons than Hill. I hope Hill is great but appearance is still they could have did better.

I mean look at the guys that went right after him. Pitre safety had 5 picks and 99 tackles, McCreary 70 tackles and an INT, Brisker 73 Tackles, 4 sacks, and an INT, or Gordon 55 tackles and 3 INTs. They all had better seasons than Hill. I hope Hill is great but appearance is still they could have did better.
Hill was picked to learn and grow behind two of the best. Guarantee that happened. The Hill pick was the right move. Bengals got to the AFCCG as the using these kinds of moves. They weren't picking someone to come in and move Bates or Bell out.

Hill was picked to learn and grow behind two of the best. Guarantee that happened. The Hill pick was the right move. Bengals got to the AFCCG as the using these kinds of moves. They weren't picking someone to come in and move Bates or Bell out.
How can you guarantee that happened? When injuries occurred and he was thrust in he wasn't ready. Taylor-Britt on the other hand stepped up and filled and took a starting role. There is nothing that Hill showed that will guarantee he's the answer to replace bates or bell this year. I'm not saying he can't or won't. but the jury is definitely still out

How can you guarantee that happened? When injuries occurred and he was thrust in he wasn't ready. Taylor-Britt on the other hand stepped up and filled and took a starting role. There is nothing that Hill showed that will guarantee he's the answer to replace bates or bell this year. I'm not saying he can't or won't. but the jury is definitely still out
I'm saying he got to see how Bates and Bell handled things. Bates with sitting out a while. Bell was a leader. He got to see all of that up close. Hill may be better or may not be. Thing is, he learned a year under them a myriad of things. I think it worked out well.

Tough to compare stats when Hill never played much other than special teams. Even when they lost Awuzie he sat, even though he play some CB in college. Only when Apple got hurt did he start 2 games.

Soon as Chase catches the ball you have DBs dealing with a legit sized NFL running back.

Higgins is a handful, too. Height and hands.

Then Burrow... so yeah pretty much a nightmare for secondaries.

Bengals whiffed on the RB. Chase Brown is a huge downgrade from Roschon Johnson who will absolutely come up and blast linebackers rushing Joe. I really wanted a RB on 3rd and long that can help protect Joe and flair out and catch the ball and Johnson was perfect for that roll. Both are good solid between the tackles runners but Johnson was much better in pass protection, receiving, and getting to the edge. Brown is a very limited straight ahead runner and worst of all he has fumble problems. My least favorite pick.

Roschon Johnson wasn't projected until the 5th round and maybe we thought he'd be there in the 4th but Chicago got to him before us. I would have taken him with our 3rd round pick for sure, no question about it.

I liked Perrine! Wonder who will back up Mixon?

I would guess to start the season, it will be Trayveon Williams who was pretty damn good at aTm. Only a 6th round pick tho and hasn’t had much opportunity. Still only 25 years old. I think given a chance, he could be solid. We shall see if he can hold off the Chase Brown kid they just drafted.

Reactions: JC CATS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT