ADVERTISEMENT

So the Bengals want fewer NFL free agents and more turnover?

Losing Vonn Bell was a huge blow but they drafted the 3 guys last year for a reason. The good news is they were able to sign one of their own free agents, Germaine Pratt. He's been solid.

Agents everywhere else have these headlines to warn their clients. Some won't care though since money does the talking. Yet any franchise reputation that excelled in 3 years of free agency is shot for now.

Bengals knew they were losing Bates and Bell. It appears they might actually pay more for to sign CJ Gardner which in my opinion is an upgrade. Also happy to see them sign Pratt, felt he was more important than Bates and Bell because he plays every down on Defense whereas Bell isn't always on the field. My issue with Bates is he just doesn't give 100 percent every game/play, he takes too many plays off and it showed during the regular season. He tends to play better in the playoffs but very apparent it was time to move on. Wish both Bell and Bates best of luck with their new teams.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Bengals knew they were losing Bates and Bell. It appears they might actually pay more for to sign CJ Gardner which in my opinion is an upgrade. Also happy to see them sign Pratt, felt he was more important than Bates and Bell because he plays every down on Defense whereas Bell isn't always on the field. My issue with Bates is he just doesn't give 100 percent every game/play, he takes too many plays off and it showed during the regular season. He tends to play better in the playoffs but very apparent it was time to move on. Wish both Bell and Bates best of luck with their new teams.
I had Bell as priority #1 followed by Pratt. They were never gonna pay Bates so I never considered him coming back after the 2022 draft.

Still surprised not one FA has signed yet but maybe I shouldn't be.

Well that didn’t age well.
Just picked up a very good LT. Protect Joe at all costs!
That was the one guy they wanted. They about broke the bank on him. They got a couple good young guys in the secondary. Hopefully saved enough to sign another

Well that didn’t age well.
Just picked up a very good LT. Protect Joe at all costs!
Not true at all. They didn't seem to be trying. They finally started to do something. They better work on that DP cast though. Gonna be losing 35-31 if they can't stop the pass.

Not true at all. They didn't seem to be trying. They finally started to do something. They better work on that DP cast though. Gonna be losing 35-31 if they can't stop the pass.
They appeared to not be doing much to you but on reality were signing the guy they had to have. That was the deal that came before any other. Of they're going after Gardner that will be an improvement at safety. Everyone over talked to is stoked.

They appeared to not be doing much to you but on reality were signing the guy they had to have. That was the deal that came before any other. Of they're going after Gardner that will be an improvement at safety. Everyone over talked to is stoked.
That’s why I said it looks like they were trying. Didn’t say they weren’t trying. There are even articles about lack of movement day one and two. So yes, it looked like they weren’t even trying. Lord.

Not so sure they are cutting Collins. Gardner is still very much in play and Mixon might be working on a bit of discount to run behind behind this OL. Bengals are making a lot of great moves. Love the depth they will have for the OL.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Not so sure they are cutting Collins. Gardner is still very much in play and Mixon might be working on a bit of discount to run behind behind this OL. Bengals are making a lot of great moves. Love the depth they will have for the OL.
It looks like they're gonna wait till Collins is healthy to make a decision. They save mire cap space that way. If williams wins the RT spot which is expected Collins is gone

Reactions: Jdhays21
That was the one guy they wanted. They about broke the bank on him. They got a couple good young guys in the secondary. Hopefully saved enough to sign another

lol he got 4 years 64 million. A young franchise left tackle. Same contract Jessie Bates got from Atlanta. He’s not even gonna be in the top 10 highest paid tackles average annual value. They got a frickin steal. Joe Burrow effect

Last edited:
Reactions: jameslee32
It looks like they're gonna wait till Collins is healthy to make a decision. They save mire cap space that way. If williams wins the RT spot which is expected Collins is gone

Yup, if they can’t rework Mixon’s contract, they will both get released, but they save more to release them post June 1st so that’s how it’s going down. I could be wrong on this but I think at some point they will let teams release guys before that but still designate them a post June 1st cut. Either way, I don’t expect Collins back and honestly I’d prefer they just go ahead and move on from Mixon too. Solid player, but no need to spend much on running backs these days.

Reactions: Jdhays21
lol he got 4 years 64 million. A young franchise left tackle. Same contract Jessie Bates got from Atlanta. He’s not even gonna be in the top 10 highest paid tackles average annual value. They got a frickin steal. Joe Burrow effect
He was given a 31 mil signing bonus which is the highest ever for a LT. He's also getting almost 50 mil guaranteed. Last year they gave almost nothing guaranteed.

He was given a 31 mil signing bonus which is the highest ever for a LT. He's also getting almost 50 mil guaranteed. Last year they gave almost nothing guaranteed.

I think it’s closer to 40 guaranteed but either way, yes that’s a big contract and a lot of money. I don’t think they “almost broke the bank” on him tho. I think they got a solid deal and did a masterful job front loading the contract with that huge signing bonus so it doesn’t really effect their ability to work extensions with Burrow, Chase, or Higgins.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
I think it’s closer to 40 guaranteed but either way, yes that’s a big contract and a lot of money. I don’t think they “almost broke the bank” on him tho. I think they got a solid deal and did a masterful job front loading the contract with that huge signing bonus so it doesn’t really effect their ability to work extensions with Burrow, Chase, or Higgins.
That is exactly what they did. They didn't break the bank but it def effected keeping Bell or signing someone similar in FA. Scott is a decent pickup. Almost 90 tackles last year and I assume they got him cheap

That is exactly what they did. They didn't break the bank but it def effected keeping Bell or signing someone similar in FA. Scott is a decent pickup. Almost 90 tackles last year and I assume they got him cheap

However u wanna look at it I suppose lol. If signing one of the best left tackles in the league effected their ability to resign Bell, I say so what. Gimme Brown over Bell 1000 times out of a 1000. No doubt, I wanted to see Bell come back but they like the Tycen Anderson kid they drafted last year along with Dax and they got a decent guy like Scott in free agency. Still possible they add CJGJ too. I love what they’ve done so far.

However u wanna look at it I suppose lol. If signing one of the best left tackles in the league effected their ability to resign Bell, I say so what. Gimme Brown over Bell 1000 times out of a 1000. No doubt, I wanted to see Bell come back but they like the Tycen Anderson kid they drafted last year along with Dax and they got a decent guy like Scott in free agency. Still possible they add CJGJ too. I love what they’ve done so far.
I do also. They got the guy they needed and if the cost was Bell it was worth it.

Reactions: UKandBaconLover
Looks like Williams is asking for a trade after they signed Brown. About $12mil cap savings and might let them keep Collins and see if he can heal up and play RT.

It's hilarious how many people have NO CLUE what is going on with this.

The Bengals are lobbying state lawmakers. Like every single NFL team, ever.

The Bengals do not pay out Worker's Comp benefits in Ohio. The state does. They are lobbying the state to lessen the benefits as to what they have to pay into, as all Ohio eligible companies pay into it.

It's incredible the NFLPA phrased it this way just to make the team look bad.
Like most businesses, the Bengals are a company and trying to maximize profits.

This^^^

Also it doesn’t seem to be hurting WHO Dey as they have obviously upgraded through Free Agency!

He played RT in Baltimore. The Ravens extended Stanley and he said he wants to play LT. Bad move by the Ravens, as they dealt Brown away because he refuses to play RT. He went to the Chiefs, who didn't want to pay him like a LT. He hit FA after not agreeing to sign with the Chiefs for RT money. The Bengals promised him LT.

He did was a great LT and he wants to honor him by playing there.

He played RT in Baltimore. The Ravens extended Stanley and he said he wants to play LT. Bad move by the Ravens, as they dealt Brown away because he refuses to play RT. He went to the Chiefs, who didn't want to pay him like a LT. He hit FA after not agreeing to sign with the Chiefs for RT money. The Bengals promised him LT.

He did was a great LT and he wants to honor him by playing there.
I read that his dad told him that he felt disrespected because he was always paid way less to play RT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT